Julius Thomas anyone?

BurnleyJet

Looks like he wants more the 8 mill per.

Julius Thomas might have to trade in his "Orange Julius" nickname for one that reflects another color.

Reportedly seeking a near record in guarantees for tight ends, Thomas has rejected a five-year, $40 million offer that wasn't structured to his specifications.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport expects Broncos general manager John Elway to let Thomas test his value on the open market -- unless Peyton Manning goes to bat for one of his favorite targets. There are questions in Denver about the former college hoops star's injury history as well as his fit in Gary Kubiak's scheme that requires tight ends to do more blocking on cutback runs.

Thomas will have a "very active market" for his services with Jacksonville and Oakland as potential landing spots, per Rapoport. Atlanta has also been mentioned as a likely suitor.

The Jaguars will be "among the most aggressive pursuers," writes Mike Klis of the Denver Post. The Florida Times-Union agrees that Thomas is a "perfect fit" for a Jags offense desperately in need of a premier red-zone threat.

New Raiders coach Jack Del Rio watched Thomas burn his linebackers and safeties in practice every day for the past two seasons. General manager Reggie McKenzie must add playmakers as the team builds around Derek Carr.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution believes the Falcons will also be interested in Thomas, which jibes with scuttlebutt at the NFL Scouting Combine last week.

Levine Toilolo proved to be an unworthy successor to Tony Gonzalez last season, while Thomas became the first tight end in NFL history with at least 12 touchdowns in back-to-back years.

Thomas isn't merely a product of Peyton Manning's offense. His emergence as a mismatch for linebackers and safeties was the engine that drove the Broncos' record-breaking attack in 2013.

"Skill-set wise as a tight end, he gives you everything," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah opined last November. "He can run after the catch, he can post you up in the middle of the field, he has a great feel in the red zone. He's an outstanding tight end and a big-time weapon for Peyton Manning."

As a Pro Bowl-caliber talent in the prime of his career, Thomas is exactly the kind of player who should be on the radar of rebuilding teams with salary-cap space to spare.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473743/article/julius-thomas-to-leave-broncos-for-jaguars-or-raiders

No! The guy, almost, completely refuses to block. He doesn't really even like football, hates contact, and won't play hurt.

He does not warrant the contract he will probably receive. Let the Raiders or Jags have him... and then release him in 3 years, admitting their mistake.

I'd prefer his teammate Virgil Green. No need to sign Thomas and limit Jace Amaro. That would be a waste of a 2nd round pick and we already blew our draft last year. Don't want to limit a guy from that draft who may actually be good.

The Broncos prefer Green too. Pretty telling. Julius Thomas will certainly be a popular idea among the "STB Madden" Jet fans around here.

The Broncos prefer Green too. Pretty telling. Julius Thomas will certainly be a popular idea among the "STB Madden" Jet fans around here.

I dont think Thomas is a bad TE, but I think he had a huge case of the "Peyton Manning Effect", and I dont see him replicating his TD numbers here in NY, though I think he would be great addition to Oakland and a young Derek Carr for the right price. Virgil Green is more of a complete TE where he can run routes but can definitely block. Something that we've been lacking in TE's for years here. 

You're right, Julius will most likely be gone from Denver, and I doubt Elway will let them both leave especially with TE being a huge part of Peyton's set of weapons. 

I heard JT doesn't even want to play football.  Just does it cuz he gets paid.  Has no motivation to work harder and constantly takes time off if he isn't 100%.  Teammates hate him b/c he won't even play at 90% when everyone else plays the game with 2 or 3 injuries throughout the whole year.

Doesn't sound like someone I want, nor do I see a fit on this team for him.

I heard JT doesn't even want to play football.  Just does it cuz he gets paid.  Has no motivation to work harder and constantly takes time off if he isn't 100%.  Teammates hate him b/c he won't even play at 90% when everyone else plays the game with 2 or 3 injuries throughout the whole year.

Doesn't sound like someone I want, nor do I see a fit on this team for him.

And you think he is the first? A lot of guys don't like it but the money is so good, it is stupid to do anything else.  What do you mean he has no motivation to work harder, you don't think he worked to become the TE that he is now, or do you think he brought this skill set as a 4th rd pick from portland state.

Whenever the Pats played the Broncos, he was a concern. But I don't see why he would be an option for the jets, they have a TE that is a move guy already, they need someone to line up on the tackles shoulder.

The one thing I will agree on is that his deal needs to be structured around playing time. His family are raider season ticket holders, My guess is that the effort will be there if he goes to Oakland.

No, we have our stretch the field TE in Amaro.  He needs to take the next step

this year and be our #1 TE.  What we need is a blocking TE like Fasano who

can be a complement to Amaro

Looks like he wants more the 8 mill per.

Julius Thomas might have to trade in his "Orange Julius" nickname for one that reflects another color.

Reportedly seeking a near record in guarantees for tight ends, Thomas has rejected a five-year, $40 million offer that wasn't structured to his specifications.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport expects Broncos general manager John Elway to let Thomas test his value on the open market -- unless Peyton Manning goes to bat for one of his favorite targets. There are questions in Denver about the former college hoops star's injury history as well as his fit in Gary Kubiak's scheme that requires tight ends to do more blocking on cutback runs.

Thomas will have a "very active market" for his services with Jacksonville and Oakland as potential landing spots, per Rapoport. Atlanta has also been mentioned as a likely suitor.

The Jaguars will be "among the most aggressive pursuers," writes Mike Klis of the Denver Post. The Florida Times-Union agrees that Thomas is a "perfect fit" for a Jags offense desperately in need of a premier red-zone threat.

New Raiders coach Jack Del Rio watched Thomas burn his linebackers and safeties in practice every day for the past two seasons. General manager Reggie McKenzie must add playmakers as the team builds around Derek Carr.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution believes the Falcons will also be interested in Thomas, which jibes with scuttlebutt at the NFL Scouting Combine last week.

Levine Toilolo proved to be an unworthy successor to Tony Gonzalez last season, while Thomas became the first tight end in NFL history with at least 12 touchdowns in back-to-back years.

Thomas isn't merely a product of Peyton Manning's offense. His emergence as a mismatch for linebackers and safeties was the engine that drove the Broncos' record-breaking attack in 2013.

"Skill-set wise as a tight end, he gives you everything," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah opined last November. "He can run after the catch, he can post you up in the middle of the field, he has a great feel in the red zone. He's an outstanding tight end and a big-time weapon for Peyton Manning."

As a Pro Bowl-caliber talent in the prime of his career, Thomas is exactly the kind of player who should be on the radar of rebuilding teams with salary-cap space to spare.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000473743/article/julius-thomas-to-leave-broncos-for-jaguars-or-raiders

He'd be a horrible waste of money. 1 trick pony, doesn't block, injury prone, diva father who loves to talk to the media. I don't care if we have 80 million in cap room, not interested.

Nope. Surely, he is very talented, but he was also a product of Peyton Manning. I like Amaro. I think he's going to be legit.

Agreed. I think Amaro will be pretty good.

I'd rather bring in Fasano if anything.

Is he a superstar player? Yes.

is he the superstar player we need to sign? NO....

We just drafted Amaro and he was the best pick of our entire 2014 draft. We have to at least let the kid develop. We need a blocking tight end.

don't even know if i'd call him a superstar.  2 yrs with peyton and he's a HOFer?  who knows if he can hack it with any other QB

No! The guy, almost, completely refuses to block. He doesn't really even like football, hates contact, and won't play hurt.

He does not warrant the contract he will probably receive. Let the Raiders or Jags have him... and then release him in 3 years, admitting their mistake.

I'm sorta leaning towards this.

Archived