So, You're Telling Me The Jets Still Have a Chance.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucs still woukd need a backup, I figured they made a choice that Glennon woll be the backup when cut McCown.

Plenty of back up QB's in free agency. Besides, if the Bucs weren't interested in dealing Glennon then their coach wouldnt be making statements like "Glennon could be a franchise QB", completely advertising Glennon. 

They will play ball for a 4th or 3rd. 

Better yet if he is that good why isn't he Tampas starter, why did he get beat out by every shred of competition tampa ever put in front of him?

Better yet, If you look at his numbers vs. "the competition" His stats are better than Freeman's and McCown on average. Add to the fact that he's been in the league for just 2 years. 

And asking these questions isn't an indictment on Glennon. This is the same organization that let MULTIPLE QB's get away that ultimately won championships. 

Because they expect Glennon to fix offensive problems not associated with the QB position, and its not possible and they dont get it.

But for what its worth, If Steve Young is that good, why did Tampa let him go? 

they drafted vinny

I just don't see them drafting winston then getting rid of glennon.  it's not smart.  they let mccown go, that was their decision.  the plan is to have glennon there in case winston busts

he is not avialable in my mind

Bucs still woukd need a backup, I figured they made a choice that Glennon woll be the backup when cut McCown.

This. Seems painfully simple to me. I even liked the idea of pursuing Glennon, but it's pretty obvious he's staying in Tampa this year. He's a cheap backup with starting experience.

This. Seems painfully simple to me. I even liked the idea of pursuing Glennon, but it's pretty obvious he's staying in Tampa this year. He's a cheap backup with starting experience.

For the right price, I'm sure they'd let him go. The problem is I'm not sure that price would be worth it. Is he worth giving up a third, and in our case, an early third?

they drafted vinny

I just don't see them drafting winston then getting rid of glennon.  it's not smart.  they let mccown go, that was their decision.  the plan is to have glennon there in case winston busts

he is not avialable in my mind

Please, dont get me wrong. Im in total agreement. I think getting rid of Glennon is the wrong decision and that drafting Winston would be a waste of a draft pick. I think Glennon is the guy that could get it done if they simply fix their offensive line and get some more playmakers on defense to help out David and McCoy. The direction that they seem to be going in isn't smart, but they seem to want to go that path anyway. Winston could be an overall better talent than Glennon in the long run, but that doesnt make Glennon a bad QB, nor does it make Glennon the problem of that offense. Watching the last two years of Tampa Bay games I am SURE that their offensive line is total trash, and they make some suspect calls at times on offense, but its usually because the Oline puts them in just terrible situations. 

The plan is to have Glennon there in case Winston busts is a last resort, it has to be if you're looking to spend the #1 pick on a guy. Meaning, you can have a adequate back up no matter who it is, but Winston is obviously the guy. If you're even remotely thinking the words bust and Winston in the same sentence then you shouldn't be drafting him. 

Glennon is available for trade, believe that. They're just looking for the right price. I just happen to think that Glennon is worth a shot. We've waisted a 1st on Sanchez, we used a 2nd rounder on Geno...we shouldn't be up in arms for a 3rd rounder when the guy mentioned has looked like an actual NFL QB in comparison to what we've drafted in the past. 

Unfourtunately Villian I think he is staying in Tampa, unless they are waiting for a trade offer .I highly doubt he leaves Tampa. He fits what the new OC wants to do. I think the Glennon ship has sailed for us.

You're probably right. But even if the Bucs said it outright that they would trade Glennon for a 4th or 3rd rounder, I'm not sure if Macagnan would pull the trigger. 

There's so many problems finding a QB, things like this perpetuate the problem. Guys being hidden or buried behind players or stupidity. In Tampa's case, it may be both. 

If the Jets offer a third they might bite, but it dosen't make sense for them to trade Glennon unless they sign a veteran FA QB.

Which they would, even if a back up would cost more than 700K. The Bucs are not a team that is just a QB away. They need some players on both sides of the ball, and keeping a guy on the bench makes no sense when you can have the opportunity to still get the QB you actually covet while getting a 3rd round pick. These days 3rd rounders contribute rather quickly. That 3rd rounder could go toward's that Oline that needs to protect their new franchise QB, or it could go to the safety spot given that they sent Mark Barron to the Rams. I believe a 4th rounder could do it, but a 3rd round pick would definitely do it. 

If they would trade him for a 4th we would have to give it a shot. I liked Glennon coming out and I hope Big Mac likes him also, you never know though let's see what happens in the next couple of months. He fits with the new OC's system so I think they would give him a year to see what he can do if Winston turns into a pick machine.

Which they would, even if a back up would cost more than 700K. The Bucs are not a team that is just a QB away. They need some players on both sides of the ball, and keeping a guy on the bench makes no sense when you can have the opportunity to still get the QB you actually covet while getting a 3rd round pick. These days 3rd rounders contribute rather quickly. That 3rd rounder could go toward's that Oline that needs to protect their new franchise QB, or it could go to the safety spot given that they sent Mark Barron to the Rams. I believe a 4th rounder could do it, but a 3rd round pick would definitely do it. 

You would offer a 3rd round pick for Mike Glennon ?

If they would trade him for a 4th we would have to give it a shot. I liked Glennon coming out and I hope Big Mac likes him also, you never know though let's see what happens in the next couple of months. He fits with the new OC's system so I think they would give him a year to see what he can do if Winston turns into a pick machine.

If a QB came in this year and put up these numbers:

3,400 passing yards, 59% completion rate, 24TD's 12 Int's

What would you think? 

If they don't feel that any QB coming out besides Winston or Mariota are better than Glennon then I Would have no problem giving up a third for him. If there is other teams that are also interested we should have the edge unless it's the Redskins but Hopefully Tampa would want him in the AFC.

Because they expect Glennon to fix offensive problems not associated with the QB position, and its not possible and they dont get it.

Same reason they let their first pick of the 1987 draft Vinny go he sucked when he played there.. Young had 11 tds and 21 picks in his time in Tampa.. By comparison Glennon did a lot better..

If they don't feel that any QB coming out besides Winston or Mariota are better than Glennon then I Would have no problem giving up a third for him. If there is other teams that are also interested we should have the edge unless it's the Redskins but Hopefully Tampa would want him in the AFC.

Exactly. And the Redskins also confirmed that RG3 will be the starter this season. Also, I dont think that the Redskins will want to give up a 3rd rounder when they still have RG3 and Kirk Cousins on their roster. Unless of course they Trade RG3 to another team, but these days I seen Glennon as more valuable than RG3 so that would be one hell of a hit to take having to cut losses with him, receive less than a 3rd rounder in return then give up a 3rd for Glennon. 

I dont see the Redskins doing that. 

Wait, so now trading Mike Glennon is akin to the Bucs letting Steve Young go to San Francisco ?  Is this akin to the NFL letting Warren Moon go to Canada ? 

What exactly are you on  ?

Same reason they let their first pick of the 1987 draft Vinny go he sucked when he played there.. Young had 11 tds and 21 picks in his time in Tampa.. By comparison Glennon did a lot better..

True. 

The numbers that Glennon is averaging in a 16 game stretch at Tampa with that offensive line gives me the confidence that he would be more than fine in a jets Uni. To start, Glennon would be on an overall better team, and he would have an offensive line that will be getting an upgrade this year (though in its current state is still better than what he had) along with the fact that this Oline gave Geno alot of time in the pocket. He would also have a top running game and a solid defense. The only downside is that out defense doesnt force turnovers which would limit his opportunities, but then again, if Glennon is scoring TD's and not turning the ball over himself (unlike Geno) then that would force the other team to be a bit more one dimensional which would help our defense in the turnover dept. 

There's no way I let a 3rd round pick stand in the way of possibly getting a solid QB. 

Glennon is a complete and utter JAG, and the way the coaching stuff who sees him every single day, treats him, shows that. He is an extremely limited dump off QB that does have some QB smarts so limits turnovers but he is not the guy and definitely not worth giving up a pick for. We can get higher ceiling guy in the draft like a Mannion with a lower pick. Plus he is the only QB on the roster so he is their #2, and maybe even start while Winston sits for a year. I will give Villian props for persistence, rarely does someone love a JAG on another team so much unless they are related. 

Glennon is a complete and utter JAG, and the way the coaching stuff who sees him every single day, treats him, shows that. He is an extremely limited dump off QB that does have some QB smarts so limits turnovers but he is not the guy and definitely not worth giving up a pick for. We can get higher ceiling guy in the draft like a Mannion with a lower pick. Plus he is the only QB on the roster so he is their #2, and maybe even start while Winston sits for a year. I will give Villian props for persistence, rarely does someone love a JAG on another team so much unless they are related. 

In a couple years I'll be proven right. 

Trust me, I've been through this before. 

Archived