So, You're Telling Me The Jets Still Have a Chance.

Villain The Foe

Saying that you like/dont like a player is perfectly reasonable. Saying that you feel that a guy is worth spending a 3rd rounder on is also reasonable. Being in disagreement with someone is reasonable. Telling someone that they're stupid, a druggie on LSD/Meth, a drunkard etc. isn't reasonable, yet I haven't seen you during any of those conversations on this forum approach them like you're approaching me right now, given their unreasonable position for nothing more than my unpopular opinion. And lets be serious, this is routine here. And I would never say that I have never said anything crazy to anyone here, but I've also apologized if I felt like I took things too far in the public forum, and made sure to leave that apology IN the public forum. This is not something I take personally, its something that I make sure to remind people of when I am right. Thats how I respond to their unreasonable position. You making it seem like I make it a big deal is a bit off. If I felt like it I could present you with numerous threads of me making a statement and being responded to in such a way, and I never see you making a comment about it. But the forum is "public" so those convo's aint hard to find.

So yes, when I read things like that I make sure to bring it up when the individual that I spoke highly of showed to be good. When I dont see anyone such as yourself commenting when individuals attack character instead of debating the topic, it makes me feel that when someone confronts me about whats reasonable or what "I'm making something out to be" its to be taken with a grain of salt.

In otherwords, I hear you. But know that I'll be watching for your appearance when people that are making unreasonable comments to reasonable opinions pop up with their usual bull.

Not really sure what you mean. I'm talking about how you present your opinions and how you self-assess and you want me to respond in kind to the people calling you names? How, by showing them how to do a better job of insulting you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all get guys right and guys wrong.  It is much easier to forget the ones we got wrong.  IIRC, you were pretty high on Colt Lyerla and I know for a fact you did not want to "waste" #18 on Odell Beckham Jr, who was "not even the best WR on his team"

I was also wrong on John Idzik being a good GM. And the point here isn't that I'm always "right" the point here is the type of verbal assault I receive when I present my opinion no matter being right or wrong.

Given your statement, thats like saying "Since you didnt want to take Odell with the 18th pick you deserve to be called all the stuff people called you". Yet you dont bring up that I came back and even made a thread about how I was wrong about Odell. I came back and said that I was wrong about Idzik. Those people who disrespect never come back, yet people want to complain when I dont forget and say that I'm making a big deal of it. 

Thats funny.  

Not really sure what you mean. I'm talking about how you present your opinions and how you self-assess and you want me to respond in kind to the people calling you names? How, by showing them how to do a better job of insulting you?

Clever. Like I said, I'll be waiting to see your appearance. Until then, you're just that grain of salt.

I wanted to trade down into the 20's and pick up Matthews towards the tail end of the 1st round. Given our position last year, I didnt expect Matthews to be on the board by the time our pick came around in the 2nd and that's pretty much what happened. I also wanted Phillip Gaines in the 3rd round, though I was very surprised that he even lasted that long. I figured someone would pick that guy up in the 2nd round given what he showed on film. When we got to the 3rd round and I heard "The Jets draft, Cornerback..." I seriously thought we had drafted Phillip Gaines. Then the guy completed the sentence and said "Dexter McDougal". Phillip Gaines had a great year for the Chiefs last year. I think dude will be one of the premiere shutdown Corners in a couple short years. 

I honest to god think we tried to trade down and no one was interested in moving up.  I thought the same thing and just kept hearing that no one wanted to move to our spot. 

I really like Dexter Mcdougle.  Everything anyone ever says about the kid is that he is a great leader and has an unreal work ethic...those are the kind of guys you need around during a regime change.  They set the tone, if you will.  Gaines would have been great too.  I watched his film and was very impressed when people had him as a 4th/5th rounder.  

I honest to god think we tried to trade down and no one was interested in moving up.  I thought the same thing and just kept hearing that no one wanted to move to our spot. 

I really like Dexter Mcdougle.  Everything anyone ever says about the kid is that he is a great leader and has an unreal work ethic...those are the kind of guys you need around during a regime change.  They set the tone, if you will.  Gaines would have been great too.  I watched his film and was very impressed when people had him as a 4th/5th rounder.  

Idzik did say that, then he should have just pulled the trigger with the pick we had. I didnt mind taking Matthews with the 18th pick, he was worth it to me, at the same time I felt that we could get him further down the board. I wish we would have. Now we're stuck with having to get a FA WR this year or trust in some WR this year in the draft. I would have been content with Decker and Matthews. 

I was also wrong on John Idzik being a good GM. And the point here isn't that I'm always "right" the point here is the type of verbal assault I receive when I present my opinion no matter being right or wrong.

Given your statement, thats like saying "Since you didnt want to take Odell with the 18th pick you deserve to be called all the stuff people called you". Yet you dont bring up that I came back and even made a thread about how I was wrong about Odell. I came back and said that I was wrong about Idzik. Those people who disrespect never come back, yet people want to complain when I dont forget and say that I'm making a big deal of it. 

Thats funny.  

I don't know exactly what people call you.  It is admirable that you admitted you were wrong on Beckham.  My actual problem with you is one that you don't acknowledge.  It is that you think you know have some idea how to scout players that others should follow.  The simple fact is that everything that goes into scouting has a place.  The "tape" the combine, the times, the character.  You are the one that I see calling out people for using a factor of those things that you don't agree with.  Funny thing is that we often feel the same about some of these players.  I liked Landry and Gaines, same as you thought Landry's time scared me some. I didn't have much opinion on Matthews. 

Idzik did say that, then he should have just pulled the trigger with the pick we had. I didnt mind taking Matthews with the 18th pick, he was worth it to me, at the same time I felt that we could get him further down the board. I wish we would have. Now we're stuck with having to get a FA WR this year or trust in some WR this year in the draft. I would have been content with Decker and Matthews. 

You've probably mentioned this somewhere else...but what's your take on Amari Cooper?  I've watched all of 2014 and 2013 and I am just flat out impressed.  He doesn't waste any movement...everything is so clean with him.  With him and Decker it's going to be pretty easy life as a QB...it's hard to find a team with that kind of route running tandem. He's also very deceptive as in he has a knack for tricking the corner that is covering him with some subtle "deeks". I'm always confident that he is going to catch the ball too.  Lastly...this has all been done against top competition with everyone on the field knowing he is getting the ball.  Sure he has talent around him but I think he is the safest pick in the draft.  I'd take him over White.

I don't know exactly what people call you.  It is admirable that you admitted you were wrong on Beckham.  My actual problem with you is one that you don't acknowledge.  It is that you think you know have some idea how to scout players that others should follow.  The simple fact is that everything that goes into scouting has a place.  The "tape" the combine, the times, the character.  You are the one that I see calling out people for using a factor of those things that you don't agree with.  Funny thing is that we often feel the same about some of these players.  I liked Landry and Gaines, same as you thought Landry's time scared me some. I didn't have much opinion on Matthews. 

Well, what I do works for me. I dont recall ever saying that you have to follow what I do or your way of doing things aint sh*t. Granted, I dont want to hear anything experts have to say. Thats just playing safe, more like lazy and just following the leader stuff. Have your own thoughts. Back to my point, people obviously make a bigger deal of the things I do. What I highlighted above is the perfect example of it. Lets talk about "Tape" (currently known as #Tape). Most of the time people think that my position is only based on tape because of people's over the top criticism and my response to it. Thats not the case. You know how that "Tape" situation got started? I was looking at game footage of a player and I decided to make a thread on the player, and I happened to call the youtube footage "tape". Do you know how many people got all bent out of shape and butt hurt over this because the footage that I was calling "tape" wasnt "all 22"? It was completely deplorable that I called footage what it actually was. It wasnt highlights, it was full footage of a game, just not all 22. 

As I told that lonely heart, its not personal. But people here have a particular vibe, so I go about this forum a particular way. As long as I'm not pissing off the owner of the site then its all fair game. But as I stated earlier, though I may disagree with what people do, I certainly dont call people a *********** **********er because they chose to take the combine more in account than I do. Or make a big deal about people liking a guy because they watch highlights. You guys do that (Generally speaking here). Let me know what you think, but afterwards I'm getting back on topic. My mission to have Mike Glennon our QB supersedes the ass foolery that can happen on this site. 

Clever. Like I said, I'll be waiting to see your appearance. Until then, you're just that grain of salt.

You'll be waiting a while. If somebody is trolling the whole board with butthurt because he doesn't get the respect to which he feels he's entitled, that's my department. If somebody trolls that guy, it's his problem.

You'll be waiting a while. If somebody is trolling the whole board with butthurt because he doesn't get the respect to which he feels he's entitled, that's my department. If somebody trolls that guy, it's his problem.

You work for the hate dept.? lol. 

I wasnt holding my breath Miss. I'd be a lonely guy doing that. And your department sucks. Im simply not that important. Tell Max to get you a better position, with some mod features or something. Make your last clever point, I'm back to Mike Glennon right now. 

To argue this is futile. You could be right.

However I heard these type of things plenty times with guys that I've backed intensely. A few names just from last year

Jordan Matthews:I said that he was a top 5 WR to come out of the draft and was worth a 1st rounder. I was laughed at because everyone was on the Brandin Cooks bandwagon. Matthews ended the season a top 5 WR of last years class and is currently in the middle of taking Riley Cooper's job. Meanwhile Brandin Cooks didnt finish the year.

IK Enemkpali: IK made the team and showed great promise after I was told that there was no way in hell he'd make this team. Today IK is a favorite to watch this year.

Phillip Gaines: My favorite CB in last years draft (3rd rd. pick 87 by the chiefs) and I said he could be the best CB in the entire draft. I was told the usual, I was stupid. Today Phillip Gaines had a better year than every 1st round CB drafted last year outside of maybe Kyle Fuller and went from being a 3rd round pick to a Chiefs shutdown starting CB.

Johnny Manziel: I didnt like him, half the board did. Last year before the draft I was obviously wrong, today I'm right.

And though I'm tooting my own horn here, its not out of pompousness, unfortunately the people who are always telling me that Im wrong or I'm on drugs because of what I say never come back to toot the horn for me when Im right.

With that said, Mike Glennon for a 4th or 3rd rounder I believe will change the course of this team's future at the QB position for the better. We'll see if the Jets or another team trades for him. If I'm wrong, I'll definitely hear about it. If I'm right no one will ever want to talk about it.

I loved Jordan Matthews. Let's make out.

Staying healthy is part of the evaluation process whether you like it or not.  One thing people were worried about with Cooks was his size (as in, is he too small to stay healthy).  The fact that he couldn't stay on the field and Jordan Mathews was a workhorse in the slot is absolutely worth talking about if you're going to compare them...by that logic we should all still be fans of the Dee Milner pick...

Didn't like the Milliner pick just like I didn't like the Pryor pick. I wanted to take Bridgewater, because I couldn't remember when we had a QB like him. I had an Interest in Cooks for the same reason I have an interest in Devin Smith and to a lesser extent, Phillip Dorsett. I want a WR who can take the top off the defense, catch the ball when it comes to him and take the safeties off Decker making him the weapon he can be. 

I have a different way of looking at the draft, the salary cap and building a football team.

We all get guys right and guys wrong.  It is much easier to forget the ones we got wrong.  IIRC, you were pretty high on Colt Lyerla and I know for a fact you did not want to "waste" #18 on Odell Beckham Jr, who was "not even the best WR on his team"

Found it.

Also, I wouldnt say that I was high on Colt Lyerla, I wanted the Jets to draft him given that I seen value in the late rounds where he would ultimately be taken. It was more the value that I seen than me thinking that he was a special player. When I say that I'm high on a guy, I speak about them like Im currently speaking on Mike Glennon.  As for Odell, Its not like I didnt like him, but I was wasnt sure on him. I can't lie, I didnt see what he did this year coming at all. Dude is a serious baller. As you can see though, I was wrong and I made sure to that I didnt forget that part. 

Archived