Breakfast

Morrissey

I'm making habanero cheddar omelets this morning. Baked a couple extra potatoes last night for home fries today. Probably put it off another hour or so to justify the screwdrivers I plan on drinking with it. Or not.

Brotein for life.

6 egg whites with 2 yolks.

8 oz. homemade smoked berkshire bacon.

2 cups steel cut oats

Apple

1 glass grapefruit juice

Coffee

A shitton of water

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go bench the equivalent of 6 of your mom.

I bet Crusher could bench more than you. :)

Looks good. I'm going to Cracker Barrel in a few minutes, myself. 1,200 calorie breakfast, here I come

I've got a local place we go to on occasion, this weekend the special was biscuits and sausage gravy. Holy crap I spent the weekend alternating between lethargy on the couch and sh*tting my brains out. 

Today I ate "overnight oatmeal" that my wife made me with a fresh fruit and green smoothie mix. Pure nutrients. 

My body is wondering WTF is going on.

Back in my younger years we'd always hit this rednecky 24-hour truck stop outside of town after a heavy night of bar-hopping and get breakfast before going home and passing out. I always ordered a haystack: biscuits, hash browns, eggs, bacon and cheese all covered with an assload of sausage gravy. Pure Heaven on a plate--still my favorite all-time breakfast meal. It looked something like this:

348s.jpg

What's that round black thing at the bottom of the plate?

Black Pudding.

i.e. Blood Sausage.

A combination of pork blood, oatmeal and spices.  A well known, well-loved item in the Isles, eaten by Irish, Scottish and Brits alike, with subtle variation.

Archived