Please..please have Mariota drop to 6

Jetster

I want this QB!

Now I'll be disappointed if someone takes him before us. I think a stud WR will be sitting at pick 5 for us in the 2nd round, one of those HOLY SH*T moments.

I love where we are sitting in this draft. Keep taking them! We should have drafted Bridgewater last year instead of Pryor.

Just the excitement factor of a QB that runs 4.5, can throw on the run, smart, good kid. Have Chan put in an offense that can work for Geno & Marcus.

I don't want to trade out to 20 for Foles. Just the idea that someone would want to trade away so much would make it so difficult to pass on him. Just take him & hope for the best.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Marriota should sit 2 yrs before getting on the field. Knowing this, if I can add Brandon Schreff and  or Lae'l Collins and Devin Smith or DeVante Parker to this team and come back with a Danielle Hunter or Jake Fisher or Todd Gurley in the 2nd, I take the trade.

if he is there I say take him.  if you don't you have to at least rape kelly for 4 picks

he has his shortcomings, but has so much to work with you can see him developing into a top 12 kind of QB

I have been waiting for a top 12 QB for 32 years

I can wait 2 more for marcus

I think Marriota should sit 2 yrs before getting on the field. Knowing this, if I can add Brandon Schreff and  or Lae'l Collins and Devin Smith or DeVante Parker to this team and come back with a Danielle Hunter or Jake Fisher or Todd Gurley in the 2nd, I take the trade.

Definitely a year before he gets on the field unless he is force fed and that didn't work so well with Geno.   I just hope those fans clamoring for him will have the patience to let this kid develop.  The problem is we expect the 6th pick to have an immediate impact and that probably won't be the case with MM. 

Who gives a sh*t about picks. Odds are 1 will be a bust 1 will be good. Rather take the chance on a franchise QB every single time. Over a DL and cb.

Actually, chances are both will be busts. Check the history of Heisman QB's in the NFL. 

Yep, that all-important 40-yard dash metric for QB's.

Vitally important for teams to make a decision.

Most cranial position on the field and people put all kinds of stock in dead lifts and 40 times. Wonderlic is probably a better tool than 40 times.

what was Geno Smith's score ?

I knew someone was going to assume I said something I didn't. That being 'Wonderlic is the be all and end all'. Yeah, never said that.

And I don't give a sh*t what his number was. He sucks.

What are you so on about. I just wanted to know and figured you knew where to look. Can you give me that page if you don't mind ?

I apologize. Just took a NJ Transit from Denville to NY and then 3 subways back to Bay Ridge. My bad.

http://fansided.com/2013/04/14/nfl-draft-2013-geno-smith-scores-24-on-the-wonderlic-test/

Here's the Wonderlic averages.

Offensive tackle – 26

Center – 25

Quarterback – 24 (Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback.)[22]

Guard – 23

Tight end – 22

Safety – 19

Linebacker – 19

Cornerback – 18

Wide receiver – 17

Fullback – 17

Halfback – 16

How did this kid become the turnover machine we have today. Look at the placement of some of these passes and the timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs

Perhaps the same thing that happened to Sanchez, being rushed into starting before he was ready. I still hold out hope Geno can be the guy. Another reason I hope the Jets don't waste the #6 pick on one of the 2 almost sure-fire failure Heisman QB's.

When you watch Mariotas tapes he's an incredibly "smart" runner! RG3 was a dumb runner & got hurt. I don't want him starting right away. I want Geno starting & Mariota learning from Chan Gailey.

If you look at Mariotas 40 yard dash what is most important is how quickly he can take off. That take off speed is deadly in this new NFL when you can't touch the QB. He can convert bad plays into yards very quickly, and because he has great vision when he runs from all of his experience by sliding he could be as deadly as Russell Wilson.

Geno rarely ran in college, so he's still learning how to move around. Mariota has great feet & Gil Brandt who I really respect has him as his #1 QB in this draft. I think him falling to the Jets is 50/50. We might get lucky but I'm telling you it's no slam dunk that the Bucs take Winston over Mariota. Marcus might go #1 overall & stun the entire draft.

People who watched him throw at the combine said, " you could see the work he put in on his drops, he was very smooth & had a lot of pop on his throws".

I'm saying if we have the chance we have to take him. Living life in the NFL without a top QB is fools gold. Calvin Johnson has played how many year? How many playoff games has the Lions played & that's with a "decent" QB in Stafford.

Maybe Geno does finally come around? If he becomes a decent QB he'll be trade bait because there is a shortage of QBs in this league. Just look at the free agent QBs! I'd rather roll with Geno than that group, seriously.

When you watch Mariotas tapes he's an incredibly "smart" runner! RG3 was a dumb runner & got hurt. I don't want him starting right away. I want Geno starting & Mariota learning from Chan Gailey.

If you look at Mariotas 40 yard dash what is most important is how quickly he can take off. That take off speed is deadly in this new NFL when you can't touch the QB. He can convert bad plays into yards very quickly, and because he has great vision when he runs from all of his experience by sliding he could be as deadly as Russell Wilson.

Geno rarely ran in college, so he's still learning how to move around. Mariota has great feet & Gil Brandt who I really respect has him as his #1 QB in this draft. I think him falling to the Jets is 50/50. We might get lucky but I'm telling you it's no slam dunk that the Bucs take Winston over Mariota. Marcus might go #1 overall & stun the entire draft.

People who watched him throw at the combine said, " you could see the work he put in on his drops, he was very smooth & had a lot of pop on his throws".

I'm saying if we have the chance we have to take him. Living life in the NFL without a top QB is fools gold. Calvin Johnson has played how many year? How many playoff games has the Lions played & that's with a "decent" QB in Stafford.

Maybe Geno does finally come around? If he becomes a decent QB he'll be trade bait because there is a shortage of QBs in this league. Just look at the free agent QBs! I'd rather roll with Geno than that group, seriously.

would you take pick 12 and 19 for pick 6 ?

Won't happen now that the Browns signed McCown.

Who is this Mariotta you speak of, and why has it taken until now for someone to create a thread about him?

I've changed my mind completely about this. All the while I was hoping Kelly would trade Foles & picks move up to take him.

Now I'm thinking we HAVE TO TAKE MARIOTA if he's sitting at 6.

We have SO MUCH money to spend that there is no way late round picks would even make this team competing with the vets we will sign. Having a zillion draft picks & 65 million makes it much harder to manage that many players.

I'm not for blowing HUGE money on anyone in free agency unless they are absolute STUDS at their position.

I'm hoping for an OLB, 2 corners, OL.

I think there are a lot of good veteran players available & more seem to be cut for salary cap clearing every day.

If they cut Harvin they will have 2/3/4.

I'm just tired of going into each season hoping that our defense can keep us in games. Like others have said it's incredibly important that we find our QB while Brady ages every year.

Marcus could be ready to rock while Bradys career is winding down. I want the Jets with a good QB to be the team that takes the mantel as the beast of the AFC East. It will never happen unless we find the best QB in the division.

You find that guy & your likely in the playoffs every season in this new NFL. That's how you get a CHANCE to win a Superbowl.

Home Playoff games!

I've changed my mind completely about this. All the while I was hoping Kelly would trade Foles & picks move up to take him.

Now I'm thinking we HAVE TO TAKE MARIOTA if he's sitting at 6.

We have SO MUCH money to spend that there is no way late round picks would even make this team competing with the vets we will sign. Having a zillion draft picks & 65 million makes it much harder to manage that many players.

I'm not for blowing HUGE money on anyone in free agency unless they are absolute STUDS at their position.

I'm hoping for an OLB, 2 corners, OL.

I think there are a lot of good veteran players available & more seem to be cut for salary cap clearing every day.

If they cut Harvin they will have 2/3/4.

I'm just tired of going into each season hoping that our defense can keep us in games. Like others have said it's incredibly important that we find our QB while Brady ages every year.

Marcus could be ready to rock while Bradys career is winding down. I want the Jets with a good QB to be the team that takes the mantel as the beast of the AFC East. It will never happen unless we find the best QB in the division.

You find that guy & your likely in the playoffs every season in this new NFL. That's how you get a CHANCE to win a Superbowl.

Home Playoff games!

I'd like to see what we can accomplish in free agency before I fap into my own mouth.

I'd like to see what we can accomplish in free agency before I fap into my own mouth.

No QBs in free agency will get this team to a Super Bowl.

We have to find that guy.

Like I've said before, Mariota does not have to be as good as Brady, Rogers, or even Luck.

He needs to be better than EJ Manuel, Tannyhill & Garrapalo.

Get home field playoff games you get SHOTS at getting to a Superbowl.

Anything can happen when u get there.

No QBs in free agency will get this team to a Super Bowl.

We have to find that guy.

Like I've said before, Mariota does not have to be as good as Brady, Rogers, or even Luck.

He needs to be better than EJ Manuel, Tannyhill & Garrapalo.

Get home field playoff games you get SHOTS at getting to a Superbowl.

Anything can happen when u get there.

I didn't say we'd get a QB in free agency, but seeing how we assemble a team around the QB position will influence what I think we should do at that position. 

mariota isn't getting past 2 

the Titans aren't riding with Mettenberger. this dude went 0-6 last year and finished the year with a season ending throwing shoulder injury. He had a season ending leg injury at LSU. Zach Mettenberger isn't a reason to pass on Mariota. 

mariota isn't getting past 2 

the Titans aren't riding with Mettenberger. this dude went 0-6 last year and finished the year with a season ending throwing shoulder injury. He had a season ending leg injury at LSU. Zach Mettenberger isn't a reason to pass on Mariota. 

hope you are right!

Archived