Lions Won't Tag Suh

The Troll

Will be interesting to see where he ends up.  He was already making about 20

million in his last year with DET so what is he going to be looking for?  And

who is going to pay it?

There's just no room for him on the Jets. Mo needs a new contract, Sheldon (who I think will be the best out of the 3) will need one in the next couple of years.

The only way I could see it working is if the Jets signed Suh to a contract short enough to cut him loose before Sheldon gets a new deal.... but in no way do I ever let Sheldon ever even consider wearing another jersey for the rest of his career. He's a superstar in the making.

According to the ESPN update my phone just received. While we certainly don't NEED him, I would still hit it.

"I would still hit it!!" LOL That's a great way to put it.

If you sign Suh, which we certainly can afford, Coples and or Wilkerson are gone. Maybe not in 2015, but beyond. It will be impossible moving forward to pay Richardson, Suh, Mo, Coples... and no question Snacks and Ellis are gone.

Richardson, Suh and big Mo is a very interesting option on paper. But those 3 will end up absorbing an inordinate amount of our cap once Richardson re-ups in a couple of years. If we find a franchise QB it will become prohibitive to dedicate that much cash to d-line.

I also don't like the idea of dumping Snacks and Ellis for Suh... Suh is obviously better, but he has serious self control issues as we all know. He was very very close to missing the wildcard game because of his dirty play. That has to be kept in mind.

There's just no room for him on the Jets. Mo needs a new contract, Sheldon (who I think will be the best out of the 3) will need one in the next couple of years.

The only way I could see it working is if the Jets signed Suh to a contract short enough to cut him loose before Sheldon gets a new deal.... but in no way do I ever let Sheldon ever even consider wearing another jersey for the rest of his career. He's a superstar in the making.

If we draft his BFF Shane Ray with our #6 overall pick I think will actually help us resign Sheldon in 2 years, as well as make Rays transition to the NFL seamless.

I would love for it to happen but, we have Mo and Sheldon to pay too. That kind of DLine could win championships though.. He does want to play in New York.

With or without Suh, I'm still pretty sure think we'd need a QB, a consistent outside pass rush, and starting corners that actually play in the games. 

With or without Suh, I'm still pretty sure think we'd need a QB, a consistent outside pass rush, and starting corners that actually play in the games. 

See, if we still had a creative guy like Rex, we could line up Suh on the outside to press some receivers..

What an extra ordinay D line that would be. Would have to cut Harvin to keep the best D line players then.

It would be fun, fun, fun to watch!

Mo, Suh, Sheldon! OMFG!

I'd love to see some kind of creative roster movement to make it work!

I would trade Harrison. Keep Coples as he's cheap & sign Brandon Graham.

Sign some CBs & draft all offensive players.

1- Mariota

2- WR

3- RB

4- OLine

5- Oline

That would be amazing!

If they signed Suh, Wilk and S Rich, they would all be typical backloaded deals with big upfront signing bonuses. If they all were to happen in the same offseason, the Jets could probably keep them together for 4 years before it really starts effecting the cap. I actually think it would be a really smart plan and place to start in the rebuilding.

Archived