Harrison, Jarrett set to Become Restricted Free Agents

JetNation

Snacks and Ellis are both two-down run stuffers. This idea that someone is going to offer us a 2nd round pick for Snacks just cuz is homeritis.

The pats are in the market for a Nose to takeover for Wilfork. There's a better chance of Bill Cosby becoming the spokesperson for NOW than the pats giving the jets a pick to sign Snacks.

Why? BB does not worry about the other team getting better, only that the improvement in his outweighs it.  He traded Bledsoe to the Bills, gave a 2nd and a 7th for Welker to Miami, Traded draft choices with Balt and Indy.

Jets have given DT Damon Harrison a 2nd-round tender, For Harrison, the second-round tender is $2.356M. Would've cost them $3.352M for a first-round tender.  Jarrett also a second (original) round tender but they would receive 3rd-round comp. because Harrison at 2nd-rd level.

Snacks should have been a 1st round tender (questionable move Mac) 

Also did not know you can only have one RFA in each round although Jarrett should be safe

Jets have given DT Damon Harrison a 2nd-round tender, For Harrison, the second-round tender is $2.356M. Would've cost them $3.352M for a first-round tender.  Jarrett also a second (original) round tender but they would receive 3rd-round comp. because Harrison at 2nd-rd level.

Snacks should have been a 1st round tender (questionable move Mac) 

Also did not know you can only have one RFA in each round although Jarrett should be safe

I don;t see anyone giving up a 2nd round pick for Harrison. If they do you take the pick and run.

Why? BB does not worry about the other team getting better, only that the improvement in his outweighs it. He traded Bledsoe to the Bills, gave a 2nd and a 7th for Welker to Miami, Traded draft choices with Balt and Indy.

Because he doesn't need to give the jets, who he hates unlike those teams you mention, a 2nd round pick when he can just get Ellis as a UFA.

And the pats got a 1st round pick for Bledsoe. Not peanuts.

I don;t see anyone giving up a 2nd round pick for Harrison. If they do you take the pick and run.

My concern is how the Jets replace Ellis and Snacks with a second (don't think they can)

Ellis will go quick in FA and Snacks will have plenty of interest (top 5 FA DT), rotational guys in their 30's are getting 3M per year

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015DT.php

My concern is how the Jets replace Ellis and Snacks with a second (don't think they can)

Ellis will go quick in FA and Snacks will have plenty of interest (top 5 FA DT), rotational guys in their 30's are getting 3M per year

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2015DT.php

Letting Harrison walk to land the second rounder and replacing Harrison are separate transactions. Even if we happen to use the pick on a nose tackle.

Harrison played less than half the snaps in a season where Rex went way out of his way not to put extra corners on the field. Nobody is giving up a second round pick to sign him. It just isn't going to happen.

Did he really play less than half the snaps? Didn't realize that.

Considering that a team like the Phins just sold the farm to get Suh it would not surprise me at all if a team like the pats did give up a 2nd for Harrison.  They already have 2 4ths and will probably have 2 3rds as well in the draft.  They pick at the end of the 2nd round.  They are losing their long time run stuffer who they have valued over the years.  They have a young, good run stuffer sitting for them ready top play right away, not a drafted rookie. 

Young, proven, reasonably cheap run stuffer ready to play at a high level now for a late 2nd rounder?  Sounds like a smart Belichick move to me.

I think Harrison was tendered as a second because there is a higher possiblity of him receiving a contract offer at a fair price by another team. Jets match it and keep him and the negotiating is done and they didn't have to lift a finger to do it. If the contract offered is ridiculous(which ?I doubt) then you let Harrison make his money and move and receive that 2nd. 

Archived