Can We ???

Clementi49

Why would we do that? We are going to have so much money tied up in the D line we wont be able to address other key areas that need to be revamped.

Bull crap!

Until we're paying a FRANCHISE QB which we are NOT, we could afford to have Suh!

Suh- 18-20 mill

Cro 4-5 mill

FA CB (Maxwell?) 8 mill

McCourty 8-9 mill

Hughes OLB 8-9 mill

That's 47-50 mill

Cut Harvin leaves 15-18 million

2016 DBricks contract get redone, no way were paying him 16 mill or whatever he's on the books for.

Draft all OFFENSE except ILB in the 3rd round- WR/RB/Oline

Let Harrison walk. Get a draft pick compensation for him 1st or 2nd? And than sign Suh? Is that all possible

I don't believe we'd receive a comp pick for Harrison if we signed Suh. Could we afford Suh? Yes. Is Suh really a fit for our 3-4 D-Line with Wilkerson and Richardson at end? Not really. Suh is a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE, he is not a NT. If we wanted Suh I think best case scenario is you trade Wilkerson for a 1st and Suh plays opposite Richardson at DE. With that being said, most realistic scenario is Suh signs with Raiders, Phins, or another team, and we sign Wilkerson to an extension.

Let Harrison walk. Get a draft pick compensation for him 1st or 2nd? And than sign Suh? Is that all possible

I wouldnt sign Suh, but as for compensation maybe you let Harrison walk for a 2nd (doubt someone would give up a 1st) and then extend Kendrick and get another DT in free agency. 

I'd rather have Harrison than Suh. Such is the superior player. But Suh is only about Suh. And he has a habit of saying and doing the wrong thing.

Harrison is a nice player and Suh is a bit of a headcase - but there's no one on the Jets roster (offense or defense) that can dominate a game the way Suh can.  He would immediately become the best player on the team. 

As big as a headache he might be - having him on your team makes you immediately and immensely better.

Harrison is a nice player and Suh is a bit of a headcase - but there's no one on the Jets roster (offense or defense) that can dominate a game the way Suh can. He would immediately become the best player on the team.

As big as a headache he might be - having him on your team makes you immediately and immensely better.

Wouldn't you rather spend on the Jet's weak spots? Not a position we are good at?

Why would anyone give up a 1st or 2nd for Harrison when they can get Ellis without giving up picks?

Harrison is a better player a year younger and Ellis has a substantial injury history.  I think Ellis is a bit underrated but can you count on him?

Wouldn't you rather spend on the Jet's weak spots? Not a position we are good at?

I don't disagree with that - if there are impact players available at other positions.  But there really aren't.  If I had a choice between Suh and Revis - I would take Revis.  But with $65mm in cap space and a HC that wants to play aggressive defense...and the fact that we don't have a QB or any prospect of having one any time soon - You're gonna have to be a top five defense to even fight for a wildcard.

Bull crap!

Until we're paying a FRANCHISE QB which we are NOT, we could afford to have Suh!

Suh- 18-20 mill

Cro 4-5 mill

FA CB (Maxwell?) 8 mill

McCourty 8-9 mill

Hughes OLB 8-9 mill

That's 47-50 mill

Cut Harvin leaves 15-18 million

2016 DBricks contract get redone, no way were paying him 16 mill or whatever he's on the books for.

Draft all OFFENSE except ILB in the 3rd round- WR/RB/Oline

Where is the money for the rookies and Wilkerson deal?  There are other players that need to be resigned as well.  Plus you shld always leave about 5mil for emergency during the season.  You shouldn't even focus on any player on the D-line.  By far our strongest and most expensive area of the team going forward.  We need to balance out other star players for other positions on both offense and def.

The other thing you have to keep in mind is there is no guarantee those guys first off "want" to come play for the Jets.  Families, lifestyles and many other things contribute to decisions besides just money when a player makes a decision to where they are going.

If you're going to go for broke, I'd rather go after Justin Houston and outbid the Chiefs. They're cap-strapped already. Houston is the best pass-rusher in the league and would give a much bigger marginal return than Suh.

Houston is tagged so it would cost 2 1st round picks to get him at this point.  No thanks.

I want Maxwell and Culiver instead of Revis.  

Or McCourty, Maxwell and Cro...spend it all!

Obviously I want Maccagnon to use the 65 million "smartly".

But I'm with you, SPEND IT!

Youngest, largest group of free agents EVER! It's amazing that there are 3 young OLBs available (Graham, Worilds, Hughes)

CBs (Revis, Kareem, Maxwell, Culliver, and few more.

Safety- McCourty

WRs- Maclin, Crabtree, ect.

Oline- Iupati, Franklin & a few more

More get let go everyday with teams spring cleaning.

Archived