Alvin "Bud" Dupree

SenorGato

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dupree would pass there too. He's got a good reputation as far as the whole locker room and work ethic stuff is concerned.

Justin Houston led his group in the broad jump, vertical and bench press....sub-7 3-cone at 270 too...and 34 inch arms with huge hands. Beast.

Newsflash: The combine is just entertainment for the fans. At least the dumb drills they have, which most of them have nothing to do with football and don't translate to what the players do on the field. Teams and Coaches go there to talk to the players primarily and even bigger are the medical reports. That's it.

Newsflash: The combine is just entertainment for the fans. At least the dumb drills they have, which most of them have nothing to do with football and don't translate to what the players do on the field. Teams and Coaches go there to talk to the players primarily and even bigger are the medical reports. That's it.

Sorry sir, you will have to try this on someone else.

Tom-Haverford-Looks-up-and-smiles.gif

Dupree would pass there too. He's got a good reputation as far as the whole locker room and work ethic stuff is concerned.

Justin Houston led his group in the broad jump, vertical and bench press....sub-7 3-cone at 270 too...and 34 inch arms with huge hands. Beast.

And it got him all the way to the 3rd rd in the draft..

everybody_got_that_spaceballs.gif

Sorry sir, you will have to try this on someone else.

That's it, there you go. You keep building your all-combine NFL team in your fictional world of football. Have you ever considered rooting for the Raiders? Look up Al Davis, you'd love him.

That's it, there you go. You keep building your all-combine NFL team in your fictional world of football. Have you ever considered rooting for the Raiders? Look up Al Davis, you'd love him.

I know you've put alot of science into this, but my *gut* tells me that I *feel as if* you are being irrational. I'm just trusting my instinct here.

I know you've put alot of science into this, but my *gut* tells me that I *feel as if* you are being irrational. I'm just trusting my instinct here.

Your gut must be stuffed with McGriddle's then. But you stick to your gut feeling and your instincts. I rather listen to people like Jon Gruden & Greg Cosell tell me what combine workouts mean to people (coaches, teams, scouts).

Another excellent read on combine performances by an expert, if you care to digest those McGriddle's. http://www.si.com/edge/2014/10/16/tim-grover-talent-isnt-enough

Bottom line: The ultimate measure of a competitor is determined by what you can’t measure—the intangibles. Anyone can measure height, weight, and speed, but you can’t measure intellect, commitment, persistence, or the instinctive ability to convert talent into results. Success depends on the strength of only one muscle: the one that beats in your chest.

Your gut must be stuffed with McGriddle's then. But you stick to your gut feeling and your instincts. I rather listen to people like Jon Gruden & Greg Cosell tell me what combine workouts mean to people (coaches, teams, scouts).

Another excellent read on combine performances by an expert, if you care to digest those McGriddle's. http://www.si.com/edge/2014/10/16/tim-grover-talent-isnt-enough

please.gif

Plus, Dupree was really good even before the off the charts combine.

please.gif

Plus, Dupree was really good even before the off the charts combine.

Find me one credible scout or draft expert that doesn't knock his lack of intelligence on the field, his lack of awareness, his lack of understanding of the the game, his lack of skill, his lack of (pass rush) moves, his lack of everything really that makes a great player. I don't disagree with you that he's physically gifted. Great. But in case you forgot, we drafted his twin brother (Gholston) a few years ago. Let somebody else have him this time around, we don't need another Gholston.

I don't want to hear about how great an athlete a prospect is.  I want to hear about how great a football player he is.  What does he do with the pads on?

Him and Gholston are the same exact player coming out of college. Maybe that answers your question.

A mock draft:

1 - Dupree DE/OLB

2 - Gurley RB

3 - Ogbuehi OT

4 - Crowder WR

Fif - Montgomery WR/RB/UT or Rannell Hall or Diggs from Maryland

7 - Alani Fua LB

I like Flowers the Miami OT, but he'll go in the first.

That's hot. I need to figure something out for the line. There really doesn't seem to be any kind of emerging consensus on ranking this class.

If what you want to hear is that numbers don't matter, ask two people who don't understand numbers. Newsflash: you're not the only one with a TV. Everybody has heard the line about the medicals and the interviews being the only things that matter. Lots of conventional wisdom is lies and gibberish. They're on the air 24 hours a day.

Find me one credible scout or draft expert that doesn't knock his lack of intelligence on the field, his lack of awareness, his lack of understanding of the the game, his lack of skill, his lack of (pass rush) moves, his lack of everything really that makes a great player. I don't disagree with you that he's physically gifted. Great. But in case you forgot, we drafted his twin brother (Gholston) a few years ago. Let somebody else have him this time around, we don't need another Gholston.

Dupree led the SEC in HBPs last season, kid's got grit.

If what you want to hear is that numbers don't matter, ask two people who don't understand numbers. Newsflash: you're not the only one with a TV. Everybody has heard the line about the medicals and the interviews being the only things that matter. Lots of conventional wisdom is lies and gibberish. They're on the air 24 hours a day.

In case you didn't know, Jon Gruden got fired by the Buccaneers a long time ago, he doesn't work for them anymore. It makes absolutely no sense for him to now lie about whether the combine numbers are important or not. Same goes for Greg Cosell, one of the most knowledgable and most respected persons in all of football.

Gholston!! Gholston!! Gholston!!

bradymarcia.gif

In case you didn't know, Jon Gruden got fired by the Buccaneers a long time ago, he doesn't work for them anymore. It makes absolutely no sense for him to now lie about whether the combine numbers are important or not. Same goes for Greg Cosell, one of the most knowledgable and most respected persons in all of football.

ya, but people who actually work in football are only like .1% as knowledgeable as people who chat about it online. Most of these guys could werk in the nfl if they wanted but they are too busy with more important thingz, it's just a game afterall

ya, but people who actually work in football are only like .1% as knowledgeable as people who chat about it online. Most of these guys could werk in the nfl if they wanted but they are too busy with more important thingz, it's just a game afterall

Gruden got fired a long time ago, he must be smartest of all!

And the people who pretend to be stupid on the internet are the smartest of all.

Dupree's a fluid athlete, very different from the Gholston/Perry straight line-ish types who people are knocking in this thread.

The whole premise that teams should want a pass rusher who's not athletic is hilarious. Looking at the top ten sack guys from last season: Houston, Watt, Williams, Barwin, Miller, and Griffen all were great athletes and had tremendous workouts. Pierre-Paul was widely viewed as an athletic freak - I don't think he tested out that well but he still got drafted on athleticism instead of production. Kerrigan was viewed as a blue collar guy but actually tested out pretty well athletically. And then Dumervil and Suggs didn't test out particularly well.

Dupree's a fluid athlete, very different from the Gholston/Perry straight line-ish types who people are knocking in this thread.

The whole premise that teams should want a pass rusher who's not athletic is hilarious. Looking at the top ten sack guys from last season: Houston, Watt, Williams, Barwin, Miller, and Griffen all were great athletes and had tremendous workouts. Pierre-Paul was widely viewed as an athletic freak - I don't think he tested out that well but he still got drafted on athleticism instead of production. Kerrigan was viewed as a blue collar guy but actually tested out pretty well athletically. And then Dumervil and Suggs didn't test out particularly well.

Who do you think will end up being the best pure edge rusher in this class?

That's hot. I need to figure something out for the line. There really doesn't seem to be any kind of emerging consensus on ranking this class.

Yeah, I don't get this OL group at all. I wonder if it's because so many top names are either 5th year seniors or juniors.

Thanks for clearing that up. That seals it I guess. Dupree goes #1 overall. By the way where were you when those other busts were drafted? You sound very smart ... after the fact. Doesn't exactly take a genius to do what you're doing.

Archived