Schefter: Bills Trade for Shady McCoy

CrazyCarl40

This makesvery little sense to me. Rex is just being silly now.

McCoy has some mileage and seems to have down turned last year, but that could be the Sanchez effect...  I don't really get it either, but I guess they felt Alonso was superfluous

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCoy without question.

Exactly. I think all the love that Chip Kelly has been getting, especially from Jet fans, will wear out its welcome soon. This dude just traded Shady for a MLB coming off a season ending injury and he's racking up on former Oregon players. And with this move I now believe that there is no doubt that he will trade up for Mariota. Either this man will go down in history as one of the riskiest/smartest coaches of our time or he's going to destroy that franchise. Im choosing the latter. 

From where im sitting, Rex won on this trade. 

I love how people think this is stupid. The division just got that much harder. The Bills had a top 5 D without Kiko. He's not a necessary piece. This sucks. The Jets suck. Worst team in the division by far.

All I ever see from you is BS. Cut it out. The dolphins actually think Tannehill is good and they have no starting wide outs. Bills just lost one of their best defenders no matter who they gained from it. Shady won't run well in a ground and pound offense. He needs space.

As a McCoy fantasy owner last year, I can tell you that he fell off big-time. ALSO, as Jet fans..... the last thing we ever need to worry about is another teams running game.

I had the #1 pick in my fantasy last year. I picked shady. And its not just his rushing. He's a receiving threat which could cause a mismatch all day long. 

So if the Patriots had traded Brady before 2009, that wouldn't have weakened their offense. Masterful.

Silly.

Their defense improved with Alonso out, reasonable to assume they'll be just fine.

Who would you rather have on your team, Shady McCoy or Kiko Alonso. Straight answer. 

It's not that easy. You have to include all variables in order to get the real truth.  Money, need, the attitude of a player, the available talent etc all have an effect here.

The problem is that I don't believe the Bills brass are including all variables. They're excited to get a ground and pounder.

Straight up in a non inclusive world, I may choose Mccoy, but it's not that easy.

He traded the DROY runner up two years ago for an $11 mil Rb in a year where a very good RB can be had up until rd 4 or so.  Not good management.

Add to that that it's most likely including rex's boner for Harris and it's that much more blind of a move.

Crazy. The Eagles added $30 mil in cap space in the past 48 hours.

Well the signing bonus is still on them and will accelerate, not sure what the breakout was but they will still have McCoy dead money on their books this year

this is kinda strange. my only guess is this is a way to resign maclin.  i dont think its a championship move for buffalo, but i do not like the idea of going against shady twice a year.  he killed us a few years ago when we played in philly

Lot of good  RB's in draft, can get a very good in rd 2, in rd 3 perhaps Yeldon. Prob will resign Maclin, and Iggles need LB's, demeco ryans is toast with achilles

McCoy has some mileage and seems to have down turned last year, but that could be the Sanchez effect...  I don't really get it either, but I guess they felt Alonso was superfluous

Mccoy is very talented. I don't think that's the issue really. It's all the other stuff. Like he could have kept him and gotten another RB for peanuts in the draft.

So just a random thought here...

Could Alonso be a piece in a move to trade up for Mariota?  Most teams wouldn't want to touch McCoy's salary but Alonso is a premium defensive player still on a rookie contract and worth something to almost any team.

The Raiders, for example, badly need an ILB.  Just something to keep an eye on.

So they got better because Alonso was gone?

Yes, that's what I said.

Clearly the incremental difference between Alonso and whomever his backup was didn't have much of an impact on overall performance.

So just a random thought here...

Could Alonso be a piece in a move to trade up for Mariota?  Most teams wouldn't want to touch McCoy's salary but Alonso is a premium defensive player still on a rookie contract and worth something to almost any team.

The Raiders, for example, badly need an ILB.  Just something to keep an eye on.

This draft will be one for the ages. 

Lot of good  RB's in draft, can get a very good in rd 2, in rd 3 perhaps Yeldon. Prob will resign Maclin, and Iggles need LB's, demeco ryans is toast with achilles

I don't know that it's easy to find a player like McCoy.. (when is the last time the Jets had a running back like that?)

The issue is whether or not McCoy is a shell of his former self, recent history suggests yes

Why? Dude is the #1 receiver on the market right now.

If you're a WR and want to be putting up 1500 yard seasons, then you want to be in Chips system.

If they're going to give Shady's money to Maclin... then it's a no brainer for Maclin and his agents.

Chips going after Marriota! You don't need a Shady McCoy when your running the Pistol with MM

Yes, that's what I said.

Clearly the incremental difference between Alonso and whomever his backup was didn't have much of an impact on overall performance.

Alonso is good. They traded him for an offensive player. That weakens the defense. Seems pretty reasonable. Your nuh-uh, doesn't count because he was on injured reserve last year argument, less so.

All I ever see from you is BS. Cut it out. The dolphins actually think Tannehill is good and they have no starting wide outs. Bills just lost one of their best defenders no matter who they gained from it. Shady won't run well in a ground and pound offense. He needs space.

First they still have Wallace. Landry and Clay.

Alonso is good. They traded him for an offensive player. That weakens the defense. Seems pretty reasonable. Your nuh-uh, doesn't count because he was on injured reserve last year argument, less so.

And yet, they were better without him last year.

Maybe the backup is just as good.

I'm sure the bills will now be a sieve, Ivory must be licking his chops

Silly.

Their defense improved with Alonso out, reasonable to assume they'll be just fine.

It wasnt because of Alonso's replacement though. But, being a top 5 defense without you and having a guy like McCoy available makes a guy coming back from a season ending injury pretty expendable. 

I don't know that it's easy to find a player like McCoy.. (when is the last time the Jets had a running back like that?)

The issue is whether or not McCoy is a shell of his former self, recent history suggests yes

it is get rid of a player 1 yr too early then 1 yr too late, also RB's are like oil, price keeps on dropping, too many good ones out there

Eagles cutting Trent Cole also.
Kelly is certainly a man on a mission. Cutting payroll like a madman. Suh? Revis? McCorty? McPhee?

I wonder who he's looking to pick up in FA?

Eagles will cut Trent Cole

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2015, 5:30 PM EST

Trent Cole
AP

Trent Cole is on the way out of Philadelphia.

The Eagles had been hoping to get Cole to take a pay cut, but that hasn’t happened. Now Cole is expected to be released within the next 24 hours, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.

Cole is a good pass rusher who has 14.5 sacks in the last two seasons, but with his cap number scheduled to be $11.6 million this season, it’s no surprise that the Eagles felt like that was more than they could justify spending.

Eagles coach Chip Kelly, who has been given full control of all personnel decisions, clearly wants to get rid of the aging and expensive veterans on the roster. Todd Herremans and Cary Williams have all been sent packing, and now Cole is on the way out as well.

Kelly is clearing plenty of cap space. He may have plans to make a splash when free agency begins next week.

Archived