Jets Hosting DT Kendall Langford

JetNation

NY Jets Helmet

ESPN’s Nick Wagoner is reporting that the Jets will host free agent defensive tackle Kendall Langford later this week.  Langford, a veteran of seven seasons has played both defensive end and defensive tackle since being drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the third round of the 2008 draft.

The defensive lineman was released by the St. Louis Rams in a cost-cutting move as free agency approaches and would bring depth and versatility should he come to terms with gang green.  In 112 career games, Langford has registered 177 tackles and 15.5 sacks.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
0D7jmYUXfUQ

View the full article

He has absolutely no value to our team in any sense unless his TRUE value is providing a solid veteran lockerroom presence and an in-between for the CS and the players and helps us "burn" $ at a higher Veteran salary so as to surfeit our Cap obligations for the year

seriously. I seen he was drafted in 08' I'm sitting here like that he sounds pretty young how has He played Damn near 8 seasons?? .. then I did the math lol.

And if things had worked out for us in that year's draft, we'd be saying how OL' Vern was starting to get long in the tooth like we presently speak of Harris

Bowles & Kacy worked with him in Miami, I think he'd add some depth for the 3-4 and 4-3. Not sure where that leaves Douzable who is a similar guy and a free agent. I rather have him back to be honest but Bowles/Kacy might be able to squeeze out a little more out of Langford.

After taking a look at Langford's stats he had a solid 2013 but fell off in 2014.

Which I think can be attributed to STL drafting Aaron Donald and a reduction

in his reps:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11300/kendall-Langford

Would be an interesting depth pick up

Exactly...with the current staff being comfortable with him I'd be fine to see them bring him in.  I saw a tweet this am that  mentioned two teams he was leaning toward and neither one was the Jets.

Archived