McCourty open to coming back home

DaBallhawk

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name one player the Pats lost through FA who turned out to be a good player for another team.

BB knows exactly who to keep and who to let hit the road.

Mainly cause there haven't been that many good players in NE mon.  take Brady out and you have mucho crap on a stick

This post is so dumb that I don't even know where to begin. I can only assume that you are trolling.

You must be one of the Mcourty Elite minions.

Mcourty has been a key culprit in some of Pats worst secondary's. Bottom ranked wannebes.

Revis changed the NE DBs into a Super Bowl defense. So, don't be a moron.

I want McCourty but there are going to be 6-7 teams pushing hard to sign him. He's going to get a bigger contract than Jarious Byrd. A cheaper option may be a two year deal for Mike Adams. He's old but still a good player and will be way cheaper.

No way McCourty gets less than the $56 mil Byrd got in FA last year.

Yea & how did that work out for the Saints?

Byrd when healthy is a better player than McCourty. I'd be shocked if a team pays a safety that much money again.

He'll get paid but it will be all about the upfront money, the backend & the total contract won't mean diddly.

His misses far outweigh his hits, what he does well is when they suk he cut ties with them quickly

What he does well is get the most out of the trash that people leave behind. So that compensates for his inability to draft well, for all the 1st and 2nd round misses. He does a great job bringing in free agents, undrafted free agents and get them to play at a very high level. So that kind of makes up for his sh*tty drafts for the most part.

2014 = 2 INTS - 9 Passes Defensed and 1 Forced Fumble. Some Ballhawk.

I call him the "Matador" Mcourty is soft and avoids contact. Overrated and the Pats did not lock him up with a 2nd contract like that did with Gronk and other stud players on the team.

And one INT was a pass deflection from Revis.

I like him.  I do not love him.  All things being equal, I would not mind him back at the right price.  Now, if that price precludes the Patriots from signing Collins, Hightower in the future or Revis now, then bye bye thank you for your time.

McCourty is a superior Free Safety and one of the best safeties in the league. IMO top 5, after Thomas, Berry, and maybe Weddel and Byrd. The guy made all pro twice and  the probowl once. He can drop down in base and cover the slot receiver, or he can play center field.  He will be missed, but he is primarily a safety and that is just a position that I don't place a 9.5mill price tag on.  Thanks for the memories.

And one INT was a pass deflection from Revis.

I like him. I do not love him. All things being equal, I would not mind him back at the right price. Now, if that price precludes the Patriots from signing Collins, Hightower in the future or Revis now, then bye bye thank you for your time.

Agreed.

If Revis leaves and Mcourty stays the Pats are still no better off.

I wish there was a hard hitting Ballhawk S in the draft.

MCourtney YES.  Revis  NO

Everyone is so big on getting Revis back.  He is the best but Lets get Maxwell and Culliver for less money and younger legs.  Lets build our own LOB with McCourtney, Maxwell, Culliver and Pryor working the box.

I freakin love this idea!!!!  This would give us the AFC east along with drafting an OLB Stud like the kid out of Washington (not Shaq Thompson) and 2 offensive linemen, and a scat  back

I freakin love this idea!!!!  This would give us the AFC east along with drafting an OLB Stud like the kid out of Washington (not Shaq Thompson) and 2 offensive linemen, and a scat  back

So this move will allow the Jets to win the AFCE?

Got it.

I see the village idiots are out calling McCourty overrated now. Unbelievable. 

Overrated?  No.

He is a good to very good player.

I do not think he is a set the market player like Thomas.  However, that is not the world  the Patriots and the NFL live in.

I know the Jets have a ton of money to spend, but the Colts have a lot of cap space as well and signing McCourty to a Thomas like (10 million per) or Byrd (9+ per) will help them and hurt the Patriots.

I see the village idiots are out calling McCourty overrated now. Unbelievable. 

You must be talking about almost EVERY Jest fan who called McCourty a JAG after his mediocre sophomore season when he was moved to safety, and every season since for that matter. Not to mention almost every Jest fan alive said BB whiffed when he was drafted and that the Jesters got the far better player in Wilson. Gotta hand it to ya. You guys sure know your football.

You must be one of the Mcourty Elite minions.

Mcourty has been a key culprit in some of Pats worst secondary's. Bottom ranked wannebes.

Revis changed the NE DBs into a Super Bowl defense. So, don't be a moron.

The Pats won a bowl with Troy Brown playing DB.. Brady is the reason for winning when they do..

Archived