McCourty open to coming back home

DaBallhawk

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5824/devin-mccourty

ESPN New York expects the Giants to make a run at free agent FS Devin McCourty.
This confirms an NBC Washington report that linked the Giants to McCourty. The Giants have a void at safety with Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown and Quintin Demps all free agents. McCourty, 28, has drawn interest from multiple teams, with Washington and the Eagles also potential landing spots. He's expected to command $8 million-plus annually. Mar 7 - 2:20 PM

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Eagles have made free agent FS Devin McCourty their top priority.
The Eagles are expected to be aggressive in their pursuit of McCourty after allowing the second-most passing yards in the league last season. McCourty is seeking $8 million-plus annually as the best safety in this year's class. The Eagles have also been heavily linked to free agent CB Byron Maxwell. Mar 7 - 6:00 PM

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5824/devin-mccourty

ESPN New York expects the Giants to make a run at free agent FS Devin McCourty.

This confirms an NBC Washington report that linked the Giants to McCourty. The Giants have a void at safety with Antrel Rolle, Stevie Brown and Quintin Demps all free agents. McCourty, 28, has drawn interest from multiple teams, with Washington and the Eagles also potential landing spots. He's expected to command $8 million-plus annually. Mar 7 - 2:20 PM

Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Eagles have made free agent FS Devin McCourty their top priority.

The Eagles are expected to be aggressive in their pursuit of McCourty after allowing the second-most passing yards in the league last season. McCourty is seeking $8 million-plus annually as the best safety in this year's class. The Eagles have also been heavily linked to free agent CB Byron Maxwell. Mar 7 - 6:00 PM

This sh*t sounds like how Cobb had a pen in his hand in Oakland, my god, sports reporters are horrible.

Throw enough sh*t at the wall & something will eventually stick.

Yea & how did that work out for the Saints?

Byrd when healthy is a better player than McCourty. I'd be shocked if a team pays a safety that much money again.

He'll get paid but it will be all about the upfront money, the backend & the total contract won't mean diddly.

Nobody cares. McCourty is getting da money. Sorry

This sh*t sounds like how Cobb had a pen in his hand in Oakland, my god, sports reporters are horrible.

Throw enough sh*t at the wall & something will eventually stick.

Was that Cobb that had the pen in his hand? I thought that was someone else.

Meh, so much of this stuff gets "reported" who can even keep track?

As John McKay once said, "three of four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

McKay was great with sound bites his best was when a reporter after a big loss asked what he thought of his teams execution? He said he would be all for it..  :character0069:

Both Super Bowl losses the NE pass defense folded. Malcom Butler made an incredible play the win Bradys 4th.

A great play on stupid call by the Hawks.. They didn't want the crotch grapping Beast to be the hero and it cost them the Bowl..

2014 = 2 INTS - 9 Passes Defensed and 1 Forced Fumble. Some Ballhawk.

I call him the "Matador" Mcourty is soft and avoids contact. Overrated and the Pats did not lock him up with a 2nd contract like that did with Gronk and other stud players on the team.

Nice player at almost $10mil per year lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

So this move will allow the Jets to win the AFCE?

Got it.

Mark it down son, This will get us the AFC.  Buffalo has the same problem we have...no damn QB.  Miami has $114 Million in Suh, but the also have Kameron Wake, releasing Phillip Wheeler and shopping the hip injured Ellerbe, and a disgruntled WR that takes himself out of games and Clay that is being pursued by 5 teams at the moment. New England you can never count out, but no Browner, No Vince Wilfork, No Vereen, and the running back position is still a question, but as long as you have Tom Brady there is always a chance to win.  We will finally have a front an linebacking corp, and secondary that can rattle Tom your front seven is paramount in the NFL and we are moving in that direction.  Geno is in his third year so he should seem competent this year and if not, we not have an oline with the addition of Carpenter that can now rust the ball.  So yes, I believe we are just a few pieces away from taking the AFC East

Pats fans are a bunch of whining little pussies. Pats had their exclusive window to sign Revis and failed. Now they have zero CBs and are running around crying about tampering. LOL.

Do you think the Pats were dumb enough to pay $39MM, all of which is guaranteed, to a 30-something CB?

Pats did it right, $12MM one year rental, and they were rewarded with yet another Lombardi trophy.

Do you think the Pats were dumb enough to pay $39MM, all of which is guaranteed, to a 30-something CB?

Pats did it right, $12MM one year rental, and they were rewarded with yet another Lombardi trophy.

And that is what made it worth it.

For the first time in a long time I was geeked for the Patriots an in particular a playoff run.

Thanks for the time Revis.

Stop lying. Your nothing without him. You won't sniff sh*t with that secondary.

LOL WHY U MAD THO

Not mad.

It takes both sides to make a deal work. The Pats were never going to be the highest bidder for Revis. Woody had to have Revis back or face fan revolt and in the end Revis held out again (3rd time) and the Jets caved and gave him what he wanted.

Revis had his taste of putting the team first before his financial goals and he saw what happened with winning a Super Bowl.

It amazng how the frontrunning trolls are crying because Revis would rather be a Jet then a disgraced Patriot*. HA! HA!

Yep, I'm sure he must be thrilled going from a Super Bowl winning team to a last-place 4-12 team.

At least money had nothing to do with his decision.

Yep, I'm sure he must be thrilled going from a Super Bowl winning team to a last-place 4-12 team.

At least money had nothing to do with his decision.

Revis is a Jet. The only reason he was a Patriot last season was an incompetent Jet GM at the time.

Archived