Has the QB Trade Market been Set? If so... Glennon, Fitz, Savage?

32EBoozer

They have him at #1 and yet say he's the reason they missed the playoffs.

I think that's the point.  He's terrible but he's the best available.

As Winston Churchill might have said ...

Marc Sanchez is the worst available QB except for all the others.

If you're going to say things like ButtFumble and eating hot dogs then those aren't realistic arguments.  If you don't think he's better than anyone we can get then so be it.  But, IMO, he is.  he will help this team win more games than anyone other QB we're going to sign.

Did you watch him in Philly last year?  He does just enough to break your heart and he played with plenty of weapons and in a great offense.  He is what, going into his 6 or 7 year and doing the same dumb sh*t.  No thanks I will pass.  

I would rather go with Geno, Simms and a developmental pick before I bring the Sanchize back. 

I think that's the point. He's terrible but he's the best available.

And I'm telling you they're wrong.

Did you watch him in Philly last year?  He does just enough to break your heart and he played with plenty of weapons and in a great offense.  He is what, going into his 6 or 7 year and doing the same dumb sh*t.  No thanks I will pass.  

I totally get it.  I live in the Philly area...Surrounded by Eagles fans, after week 1 with him they were all ecstatic...I just kept telling them - wait, he'll begin just doing the stupidest things, throwing terrible int's at the worst times...etc.  They finally saw who he was.

All I'm saying is the rest of that class is even worse.  I realize our GM couldn't start off his reign with that signing, but he's going to land somewhere and start.

haha......sorry..your initial response just P--- me off for some reason.....I'm not much of a fighter on here...

yes, we all do wallow in the same misery. The fact that I have bring up the idea the idea that Sanchez may be our best option tells the story.

All good! Just cant stomach a Sanchez return

I think it will take a 3rd to get Glennon. It's a trade I would make. Who are you going to draft in the 3rd round? Petty, who you have to teach to play pro QB? I'll take a 25 year old with a 2:1 TD-INT ratio in the pros.

Trading a 3rd for Glennon would be a mistake IMO.  Glennon isn't that much better than Geno, why give up on Geno to try another prospect who hasn't shown that much more than Geno has, and who were both taken in the same draft? 

It's Mariotta or a trade for another QB, i.e. Foles or somebody of his caliber, I don't think Glennon is that player.

Seriously...why not Sanchez?

two GM's removed, new coach, new OC...And he's the best QB that's likely to be available.  Truthfully I would be happy with him than any QB we're likely to get.

You make great points, but the media will drive the organization insane with that story. Also, do you think he would want to come back & put up with all the medias BS? Sanchez was always a class act in putting up with the crap ( and deservedly so in some cases) he got from the press

I think it will take a 3rd to get Glennon. It's a trade I would make. Who are you going to draft in the 3rd round? Petty, who you have to teach to play pro QB? I'll take a 25 year old with a 2:1 TD-INT ratio in the pros.

It's going to be more than a 3rd which is already pushing his worth.

No way can we afford to lose a draft pick on trading for a QB. I think you have to go with a reasonable short term FA solution like Moore, McCoy (no Sanchez) and I think we have to give Gailey a chance to see if he can "fix" Geno or cut bait. And for all the Foles supporters hoping there's a trade with the Eagles on Draft Day, once coordinators start figuring guys out it gets alot tougher out there.  The drop off in his stats from 2013 to 2014 are striking (QB Rating 119 to 81).  Mccoy's QB ratings are comparable to Foles (actually better in 2014).  

You make great points, but the media will drive the organization insane with that story. Also, do you think he would want to come back & put up with all the medias BS? Sanchez was always a class act in putting up with the crap ( and deservedly so in some cases) he got from the press

100% correct.  Woody has to end the clown show.

Trading a 3rd for Glennon would be a mistake IMO. Glennon isn't that much better than Geno, why give up on Geno to try another prospect who hasn't shown that much more than Geno has, and who were both taken in the same draft?

It's Mariotta or a trade for another QB, i.e. Foles or somebody of his caliber, I don't think Glennon is that player.

How can you say Glennon isn't much better than Geno? Geno is a turnover machine. Glennon protects the ball. If Geno had a nearly 2:1 TD/INT ratio in his first two years, we wouldn't be talking about QB at all.

I realize Glennon plays for a sh*tty team in relative anonymity down in Tampa, but he's shown enough success at the pro level that I feel comfortable giving him a shot. He's earned it after being jerked around by that slapdick franchise.

The Vikings will get draft pick compensation for Cassel. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, the Bills will trade the Buccaneers’ 2015 fifth-round pick (which the Bills acquired in a previous trade) for the Vikings’ 2015 sixth-round pick, and Buffalo will also give Minnesota a 2016 seventh-round pick.

Do you think Glennon could be had for a high 5th round pick? Could Fitzpatrick(Gailey might push for this) or Savage from the Texans be had for a 5th?

Cassel has had more success than Glennon.

A big part of the reason that Cassel went so cheap was that the Vikings were doing a salary dump with him. Glennon makes less than $1M/year, making him more valuable on the trade market.

People are hung up on people Gailey used to coach. Do you really think he sees Fitzpatrick as any sort of must have? Gailey's a pretty clever offensive coach who's gotten career years out of guys like Kordell Stewart. I'd rather see what he can do with Geno, or a new draft pick, than give him a guy like Fitzpatrick who's ceiling we've already seen.

In a bubble, maybe Sanchez is the best of a bad QB market. I'm sure there are teams out there looking at him as a potential reclamation project. He wouldn't be in a bubble back with the Jets. He'd be back in a stadium that he's already been booed out of. He'd be back with teammates that have already lost faith in him. This would be his worst possible landing place. He needs a clean slate wherever he goes, preferably in a smaller market. The opposite of what he'd have here.

I don't think any other teams are going to be trading a QB until after the draft but it should be interesting to see if a qb becomes available after RD1, If the titans grab Mariota than Mettenburger might be up for trade, the Redskins might grab him and put RG3 up, The Rams could move up and put Bradford up for trade, The browns could and than put Manziel up for trade, the Eagles (obviously everyones favorite) and put Foles up.

In a bubble, maybe Sanchez is the best of a bad QB market. I'm sure there are teams out there looking at him as a potential reclamation project. He wouldn't be in a bubble back with the Jets. He'd be back in a stadium that he's already been booed out of. He'd be back with teammates that have already lost faith in him. This would be his worst possible landing place. He needs a clean slate wherever he goes, preferably in a smaller market. The opposite of what he'd have here.

What? Football is played by people??

Seriously...why not Sanchez?

two GM's removed, new coach, new OC...And he's the best QB that's likely to be available.  Truthfully I would be happy with him than any QB we're likely to get.

Well, that would be one way to get us a new stadium. If that loser ever came back, they'd burn Metlife to the ground.

No Sanchez. There is too much bad history and we have wiped that slate clean. We need to try other options. 

What were Sanchez's numbers in Philly? Were they better/the same/worse? If they were the same or worse then that would end that discussion. Regardless, if they were way better he would not be a free agent right now. 

LL

He's earned it after being jerked around by that slapdick franchise.

You know, even if you think Glennon isn't all that, there's no denying that Tampa has jerked him around. I mean, naming McCown starter without an actual camp competition was criminal.

Archived