List 5 free agents the Jets will end up with...

Beerfish

Not the top 5 you want just 5 that will end up signing here.  Just pick 5, no more or less so that we can compare answers and see who hit the nail on the head with the most correct.

Here are mine:

Shane Vereen

Torrey Smith

Jermaine Gresham

Clint Boling

Antonio Cromartie

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the top 5 you want just 5 that will end up signing here.  Just pick 5, no more or less so that we can compare answers and see who hit the nail on the head with the most correct.

Here are mine:

Shane Vereen

Torrey Smith

Jermaine Gresham

Clint Boling

Antonio Cromartie

Only 1 CB? I say bring in 2 vets

Cromartie

Maxwell

Iuptia

Hughes

Torry Smith

Book It!!

According to the Metro New York, the Jets won’t be bringing back veteran G Willie Colon next season, and are instead expected to target younger guards in free agency.

“There’s a push to go younger along the offensive line,” a source told Metro. “In particular at right guard the Jets are going to want to go a different route. It isn’t anything Willie did or didn’t do.”

Although, their source didn’t rule out the possibility that Colon be an option to add depth to their offensive line later on in free agency.

The report mentions that the Jets will “actively pursue” some bigger names in free agency this year such as Bengals G Clint Boling, Seahawks G James Carpenter, and Broncos OL Orlando Franklin.

Franklin has the ability to play both guard and offensive tackles, and the Jets apparently believe he has an “ideal skill-set” for new OC Chan Gailey’s offense.

“His versatility is going to generate some interest,” the source said. “He could be a nice fit in Chan’s offense.”

Mike Klis of the Denver Post said on multiple occasions that Franklin is unlikely to be back, and even though he may have a decent amount of interest, the Jets have plenty of cap space to compete in free agency.

As for Colon, others have said that he’s is unlikely to return to New York next year, so this really shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.

http://nfltraderumors.co/jets-expect...n-free-agency/

Only 1 CB? I say bring in 2 vets

You are missing the point.  this is not who i want or who in all we will be getting, it is who you think we will get.  Because I picked one cb does not mean I think we will get one CB. 

I would be very happy with this haul....

The outstanding question is who's the QB...

Geno Smith; why is it so hard for us to understand that based on who is available, he is probably the best option going forward; even if we sign a vet. qb, he will probably wind up being the back up.   Genos biggest issue was turnovers and inconsistency.  Remember he should never have even started his first year because he wasn't ready. He is now entering his third year and did finish up on a high note.  Working with Chan Gailey, he can't possibly be any worse and I think he will be significantly better next season.  Especially if we bolster the offensive line and continue to add playmakers to the offense.  

You are missing the point.  this is not who i want or who in all we will be getting, it is who you think we will get.  Because I picked one cb does not mean I think we will get one CB.

Ahhh! So this is how this game works... OK

I'll take "Possible Jet FA Receivers for $8 million" Alex

"Who is Torry Smith, Jeremy Maclin, RandallCobb and Stevie Johnson"

Is that better? :banana2:

Ahhh! So this is how this game works... OK

I'll take "Possible Jet FA Receivers for $8 million" Alex

"Who is Torry Smith, Jeremy Maclin, RandallCobb and Stevie Johnson"

Is that better? :banana2:

Its' name 5 guys that will be on the jets after Fa starts regardless of need or desire.....just as I stated in the 1st post.

Kareem Jackson CB- PFFs no 11 CB last year. Connection to new GM

Mike Iupati OG- jets are definitely addressing G this year. I think they go for Iupati but maybe Boling

Brandon Graham OLB- loved this guy in the draft. Think he would be a cheaper option than McPhee and Worilds

Antonio Cromartie CB- familiar with Bowles and wants to b here. Can see a 1 yr deal while we see how DM develops.

Geno Smith; why is it so hard for us to understand that based on who is available, he is probably the best option going forward; even if we sign a vet. qb, he will probably wind up being the back up.   Genos biggest issue was turnovers and inconsistency.  Remember he should never have even started his first year because he wasn't ready. He is now entering his third year and did finish up on a high note.  Working with Chan Gailey, he can't possibly be any worse and I think he will be significantly better next season.  Especially if we bolster the offensive line and continue to add playmakers to the offense.  

Geno has been the statistical worst starting QB in the NFL for two years running.  Barring injury there is no way he's the Jets starting QB.

Here are mine:

Shane Vereen

Torrey Smith

Jermaine Gresham

Clint Boling

Antonio Cromartie

Great idea for a thread, and nice list. I'd be pretty happy with those guys.

However, I think we will go a bit higher profile. Boling and Vereen are solid players, but I think the Jets want to make more of a splash.

If I stick to your template I'd say

Bush or Spiller

Torrey Smith

Gresham

Iupati or Franklin

Kareem Jackson

I also think Perrish Cox, Cromartie, Matt Moore, Worilds or Hughes, and Stevie Johnson or Hakeem Nicks could be part of the haul.

The next few months through free agency and the draft should be exciting. I don't know if we have ever been in this position as a franchise where we hit a complete reset in the front office and coaching staff, had a top 6 pick in every round, and this insane amount of cap room.

For me trading for Foles in the next few days would be the key to landing high quality free agents. With Geno as the face of the franchise free agents, including defensive ones will be avoiding us. Foles being here lands us free agents we could have never touched without a legitimate QB.

I don't want to wait for the draft to trade for him,

heard the ending on a high note story before. not buying. geno is a dunce. can't fix that.

Geno Smith; why is it so hard for us to understand that based on who is available, he is probably the best option going forward; even if we sign a vet. qb, he will probably wind up being the back up.

The Jets absolutely have to bring in a true competitor for the starting QB job. That's why I like Mallett as a FA signing. I view him as the least accomplished QB they can add that will still provide competition for Geno.

The Jets absolutely have to bring in a true competitor for the starting QB job. That's why I like Mallett as a FA signing. I view him as the least accomplished QB they can add that will still provide competition for Geno.

I am of the belief that a rookie QB drafted in rounds 2-4 can provide just as much competition as a veteran free agent. Considering the free agent QB class this year, and the unlikelihood that we could sign a guy who would honestly beat out Geno in training camp, I feel better about drafting a rookie QB since he would be cheaper and we would own his rights for a longer period of time. 

Kareem Jackson CB- PFFs no 11 CB last year. Connection to new GM

Mike Iupati OG- jets are definitely addressing G this year. I think they go for Iupati but maybe Boling

Brandon Graham OLB- loved this guy in the draft. Think he would be a cheaper option than McPhee and Worilds

Antonio Cromartie CB- familiar with Bowles and wants to b here. Can see a 1 yr deal while we see how DM develops.

That is a pretty good list. The scary thing is they could do all that....and still sign Mo.

Here are mine:

Shane Vereen

Torrey Smith

Jermaine Gresham

Clint Boling

Antonio Cromartie

These players wont even come close to the amount of cap money we have to spend this year. Unless we're renewing Wilk for 25 mil per year.

Archived