List 5 free agents the Jets will end up with...

Beerfish

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the cap room?  $55mil?  $65mil if we release Harvin.  Why stop at 5 FAs?

Not sure the market value of each FA below, but here's my guess.

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Extend Wilk  (add 4mil to what he's scheduled for this year)

Totals $55mil.

I'm not against bringing back 24, but can't see NE losing both McCourty and Revis.  Harvin I'm not sure about.  Definitley a great weapon to have but $10mil and a 4th is tough to justify.  Won't lose sleep either way.

The secondary would battle the DLine for best unit on the team.  That'd be one hell of a D.  Then with Smith, Decker, Kerley, Harvin, Amaro, Ivory, Spiller and Powell as the weapons, even a sub-par QB could win with that. 

Leaves the ability to draft best available and an interesting decision at 6 if Mariota falls to us.  Take hiim or trade with Philly and let Foles battle with Geno for the starter?  Think I'd do the trade.

May be wishful thinking, but anything close to that, and I'd be psyched for the season.

@jgb

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Totals $55mil.

I'm not against bringing back 24, but can't see NE losing both McCourty and Revis.  Harvin I'm not sure about.  Definitley a great weapon to have but $10mil and a 4th is tough to justify.  Won't lose sleep either way.

The secondary would battle the DLine for best unit on the team.  That'd be one hell of a D.  Then with Smith, Decker, Kerley, Harvin, Amaro, Ivory, Spiller and Powell as the weapons, even a sub-par QB could win with that. 

Leaves the ability to draft best available and an interesting decision at 6 if Mariota falls to us.  Take hiim or trade with Philly and let Foles battle with Geno for the starter?  Think I'd do the trade.

May be wishful thinking, but anything close to that, and I'd be psyched for the season.

Well, for starters, Spiller wants north of 5 mill per year. The rest of your numbers seem somewhat optimistic as well. 

@jgb

Well, for starters, Spiller wants north of 5 mill per year. The rest of your numbers seem somewhat optimistic as well. 

Just quick guesses.  Fine, dump Harvin and spread the $10.5 around.  That should make the numbers more realistic.

1.  McCourty  8mil

2.  Cro  5mil

3.  Maxwell  8mil

4.  Worilds  7mil

5.  Lupati  7mil

6.  Spiller  4mil

7.  Torrey Smith  8mil

Re-sign Harris  4mil

Totals $55mil.

Too many teams with money will drive some of the prices up during a bidding war. I can see McCourtney and Maxwell getting 10 mil

Salaries are going to rise this year in free agency because everyone has money.  I think people will be disappointed by the purchasing power we will actually have versus these lists.

Just because teams have lots of money doesn't mean they want to overpay by more than a million or two per year

I like that Macgnan is not overpaying and setting us up for a bad cap situation in a few years but I am getting concerned that we are not linked to other players that could fill roles.  The next 72 hours will be interesting.  At this point don't know who but we'll get an olineman, a running back, a few corners and a safety.  

Antonio Cromartie

Jordan Cameron

Jeremy Maclin

Bryan Bulaga

Brandon Flowers (we bring him in cheap due to injuries)(he would be a good mentor for our younger corners)

We really NEED Bulaga.  He is huge, versatile and can fill in at tackle if needed in an emergency.  

We should get Cro because Maxwell is gone and we are (again) going to run out of options quickly.

Archived