Titans are the wildcard in this draft

Jetster

With the Jets @ 6 & the Titans @ 2

The team with the best chance to make a trade to #2 is the Jets.

Every so called expert says that from 1-6 in this draft should be a slam dunk.

For the Eagles to go from 20 to #2 would basically take their entire draft.

Jets have 2 players that I believe they would offer to the Titans to move up, (Coples or Harrison).

If the Jets traded some late picks & one of those players to move up & take Mariota they could be the team that recoups those picks & more from Kelly & the Eagles & it's the Jets that then trade Mariota to the Eagles & now get Foles, recoup the few picks they sent to the Titans, which may include something for next year.

Jets would have their QB competition, more picks, 20th pick in this draft with possibly two #2s.

There is going to be a stud WR at 20. It might even be better value than taking one at 6.

This draft is going to be very cool.

Either way the Jets are in a really good spot. I do not see the Titans trading back to 20, but I can easily see them moving to 6.

This is the type of trade that the parameters would be pretty much in place before the 1st pick is made.

Foles is the Ace in the hole for Kelly.

Unlike the Titans the Jets have tons of free agent money they have to spend. Imagine your the a Titans & you get Harrison & some picks just to move basically 4 spots? Win, win, for everyone involved.

Can't wait for this draft!

With the Jets @ 6 & the Titans @ 2

The team with the best chance to make a trade to #2 is the Jets.

Every so called expert says that from 1-6 in this draft should be a slam dunk.

For the Eagles to go from 20 to #2 would basically take their entire draft.

Jets have 2 players that I believe they would offer to the Titans to move up, (Coples or Harrison).

If the Jets traded some late picks & one of those players to move up & take Mariota they could be the team that recoups those picks & more from Kelly & the Eagles & it's the Jets that then trade Mariota to the Eagles & now get Foles, recoup the few picks they sent to the Titans, which may include something for next year.

Jets would have their QB competition, more picks, 20th pick in this draft with possibly two #2s.

There is going to be a stud WR at 20. It might even be better value than taking one at 6.

This draft is going to be very cool.

Either way the Jets are in a really good spot. I do not see the Titans trading back to 20, but I can easily see them moving to 6.

This is the type of trade that the parameters would be pretty much in place before the 1st pick is made.

Foles is the Ace in the hole for Kelly.

Unlike the Titans the Jets have tons of free agent money they have to spend. Imagine your the a Titans & you get Harrison & some picks just to move basically 4 spots? Win, win, for everyone involved.

Can't wait for this draft!

This is too convoluted to ever happen. If the Jets trade up to 2, they're staying there.

Three things in response, all depending on Winston going #1.   1) If Jets did this, and included one of the guys you mentioned, it would be for Leonard Williams. 2) Eagles could do this on their own.3) Great shot Mariota there at #6 anyway, or lower than that. Saw a mock last night on NFL network with him going #10 to Rams. Agree with you, the NFL draft is the best!

Not happening such trades can not take place within the allotted 10 (?) minutes. I don't recall it ever happening where a teams leaps forward n then pushes the chips back on the table for the highest bidder.

If the Eagles can't move up to #2 with Titans, they can't do it with the Jets either. Think about it. They are in need of a QB. Why would they not take Foles n whatever Jets were being offered by Ms Kelly?

Titans either take Mariotta, or they don't. But they aren't gonna move an inch. Deadskins are the wildcard here if anyone. If Kelly is so in love with Mariotta, he's not risking Jets to take him. If he does, he'll end up paying more to the Jets to move to #6 spot than to the Deadskins at #5.

I actually think this does make a lot of sense.and can be done.  As far as there not being enough time to make this trade (10m) that's not true.  First off this this trade can be discussed and agreed to prior to the draft.  The only thing that could prevent this from happening is if TB picks Mariotta so the deal can be had by a hand shake agreement and made official after Winston is selected.  Tennessee could still hold out and see if some other team offers them something better but in this scenario  dropping to #6 and getting a potential stud player plus a few picks and a player would be great for them..   

Every team that picks before us is a "wildcard" in this draft. 

This is a pretty deep class on talent, but the top-end doesn't have the obvious order of blue chippers that it normally has. The QBs muck things up. So do the pass rushers and the lack of a top-5 OLineman pick. 

You've got a rookie GM who's never run his own draft board, a rookie head coach, pretty much a whole new scouting staff and coordinators. I don't see much chance that Macc goes all Kevin Costner here.  If some other team sets things up and makes an offer that he can't refuse, maybe.  But I think we need to assume Macc is going to sit at 6 and pick the player he wants in that slot.

Three things in response, all depending on Winston going #1.   1) If Jets did this, and included one of the guys you mentioned, it would be for Leonard Williams. 2) Eagles could do this on their own.3) Great shot Mariota there at #6 anyway, or lower than that. Saw a mock last night on NFL network with him going #10 to Rams. Agree with you, the NFL draft is the best!

Eagles sit @ 20. Who do they have to offer like the Jets? Titans need immediate players! Every draft is a crapshoot. Coples or Harrison would be an immediate STARTER on that team. Plus they would still have the #6 pick!

So what the Eagles offer them a bunch of picks? They would still have to go all the way back to 20, knowing that @ 6 their chance of getting an impact starter is MUCH HIGHER!

Going from 20 to 2 Eagles give up almost their entire draft. Eagles are not trading with the Deadskins, no way, no how! And they are not gonna give the Raiders their draft knowing that the Raiders are not picking Mariota.

My scenario pleases everyone in the mix.

Jets get the QB they wanted plus a couple more high picks, maybe this year & next. Puts us in a position to maybe draft a Jalen Strong @ 20? Kelly gets his man without giving up his entire draft! Titans get 2 guaranteed studs & various picks for only moving 4 spots in the draft! Harrison might already be better than Leonard Williams for all you guys know! Williams hasn't played one snap in the NFL & Harrison was the #1 rated Nose tackle in the entire NFL! Coples might be better than Fowles? Who knows? Harrison & Coples have already proven they belong in the NFL (the draft is filled with surprise busts every year!)

I think it's interesting that Mac & Bowles have already signed Tally & had Canty in for a visit. Isn't Dline our strongest unit?

I actually think this does make a lot of sense.and can be done.  As far as there not being enough time to make this trade (10m) that's not true.  First off this this trade can be discussed and agreed to prior to the draft.  The only thing that could prevent this from happening is if TB picks Mariotta so the deal can be had by a hand shake agreement and made official after Winston is selected.  Tennessee could still hold out and see if some other team offers them something better but in this scenario  dropping to #6 and getting a potential stud player plus a few picks and a player would be great for them..

This could be hashed out before the draft, it's not that complicated. Titans get Coples or Harrison & some draft picks for only moving back 4 spots.

Jets get Foles & draft picks from Eagles to make up for the ones they give Titans + (but not as much had the Eagles moved from 20 to 2) trading directly with the Titans.

Titans could end up with (Coples or Harrison) + Cooper or White,probably 2 starters from the top of the draft.

Do you know how hard that is?

We got Milliner & Sheldon (struck out on Milliner)

Honestly I think numerous draft picks will be MORE IMPORTANT next year for us. We have so much money to spend on young veterans that we easily will fill 5 spots on this team, (both CBs, ILB, OLB, OL,RB)

Once free agency is over it's not going to be that easy to make the Jets squad.

We do have young guys we know nothing about, IK? Reilly?, Shaq?, Dozier? That's 4 guys tight there.

Chip Kelly has already proved he's unconventional!

If someone told you 4 days ago that Kelly was gonna trade McCoy to the Bills for Alonso (a guy coming off an ACL)

Then let Cary & Cole go.

I think people would say it's too convoluted,lol.

This could be hashed out before the draft, it's not that complicated. Titans get Coples or Harrison & some draft picks for only moving back 4 spots.

Jets get Foles & draft picks from Eagles to make up for the ones they give Titans + (but not as much had the Eagles moved from 20 to 2) trading directly with the Titans.

Titans could end up with (Coples or Harrison) + Cooper or White,probably 2 starters from the top of the draft.

Do you know how hard that is?

We got Milliner & Sheldon (struck out on Milliner)

Honestly I think numerous draft picks will be MORE IMPORTANT next year for us. We have so much money to spend on young veterans that we easily will fill 5 spots on this team, (both CBs, ILB, OLB, OL,RB)

Once free agency is over it's not going to be that easy to make the Jets squad.

We do have young guys we know nothing about, IK? Reilly?, Shaq?, Dozier? That's 4 guys tight there.

Don't forget St. Louis @10 and Cleveland(who has the most ammo in their gun)at #12 & #19. Either of these teams could trade ahead of the Jets and screw everything up!!

People think Cleveland wouldn't go QB in the 1st round 2 years in a row but Manziel is a train wreck and their new QB coach had 2 weeks of personal training with Marriota before taking the Cleveland coaching position.

They just might take the "Golden Boy" as the new face of the franchise!!

this is called a 3-team trade. 

Ten also needs a QB after whisenhunt's disappointing 1st season.   If Ten doesn't want Mariota they can make the deal for Foles + picks.   No reason to involve the jets.

If Jets don't get a deal with Philly or someone else for Mariota, he's wearing the Green & White!

If Mariota is there at 6 he's a Jet or an Eagle, this I'll guarantee!

No way he's sliding to 10.

this is called a 3-team trade. 

Ten also needs a QB after whisenhunt's disappointing 1st season.   If Ten doesn't want Mariota they can make the deal for Foles + picks.   No reason to involve the jets.

They involve the Jets because draft picks are HOPES.

DAMON HARRISON is a proven NFL player. I just can't see the Browns with 3 high QB salaries.

Manzel was a 1st round pick. Combined they are probably 10 million for him & McCown already.

Once again, they gave Leonard Williams a titans players phone #, their drafting him barring a trade up. Doubt they'll get what they want though and most likely end up picking Williams.

This is a good thing because if Mariota gets by the Titans I'm pretty sure he makes it to the Jets.

Other than the Eagles I just don't see enough teams with the ammo to trade up that far. Rams are a complete wildcard but they are stuck with Bradfords contract. He's won't renegotiate if they pick Mariota knowing he's out, plus if he gets released it screws their cap & Bradford's agent knows teams like the Jets will kick the tires.

Coples and harrison??? Hahahahahahahaha. Stop. You have to give up great players to move up like that. Coples and harrison are nowhere near that.

Coples OR Harrison

Plus it would involve some picks that we get back from Philly.

It's 4 spots in a wide draft.

Just look at the scenarios posed in mocks.

The player at 6 in this draft is much like the player at 2

Winston will be 1st.

Cooper-White-Scherff- Leonard-Trea- Shelton

Many more that could go in that top 5 after Winston

6 is good

Archived