Could Eagles have acquired Kiko Alonso to trade to Jets at #6?

SouthernJet

Maybe some back door talking going on. Jets probably have a inkling by now if David Harris is off to his beloved Rex and Bills. Bills have need there now w/Alonso gone.

Maybe Jets trade out of #6 for Alonso and lots of picks or Alonso and Foles and a pick or two? Thoughts? Be kind, I am old ;)

Maybe some back door talking going on. Jets probably have a inkling by now if David Harris is off to his beloved Rex and Bills. Bills have need there now w/Alonso gone.

Maybe Jets trade out of #6 for Alonso and lots of picks or Alonso and Foles and a pick or two? Thoughts? Be kind, I am old ;)

Did Alonso look elite in Gailey's system?

Interesting thought.  If we were closer to the draft I would be more open to believing it.

But with free agency about to begin and the rest of the pre-draft process that has to

play out I can't buy it

Interesting thought.  If we were closer to the draft I would be more open to believing it.

But with free agency about to begin and the rest of the pre-draft process that has to

play out I can't buy it

True dat!

I highly doubt it. Although Bowles loves to blitz, there are good edge rushers in the draft this year. The one idea that may happen is that Chip is possibly going to hedge his bets on Mariota by keeping Foles, but thinking further through this, I don't think that'll happen. If Mariota flopped, the offense is busted anyway and it won't matter. I think they actually want Kiko.

play out I can't buy it

I doubt it. 

What I think this means is that Philly is looking for ways to fill needs without drafting players, because they are going to give us all of their picks. :)

I doubt it. 

What I think this means is that Philly is looking for ways to fill needs without drafting players, because they are going to give us all of their picks. :)

that and apparently Chip Kelly is collecting Oregon players with the same fervor that Jif collects man notches on his bed post

It is more believable as long as Foles is coming our way.  From the Jets perspective, if they do not take Mariota outright, they need a proven starter, and Foles has shown he has the ability to win.

But from a Philadelphia POV, they need Foles out of there as ANY kind of competition.  This wouldn't be like Russel Wilson beating out Matt Flynn in Seattle; Philadelphia would have moved up 14 spots in the draft AND mortgaged part of their future to get Kelly's guy in there.  Imagine the backlash if he couldn't beat out Foles in camp?  PR NIGHTMARE!!!!

By trading us Alonso, it could also lessen the need for multiple picks by giving us two starters. In essence, it would be Foles, McCoy, and whatever picks to move up in the draft.

I think Chip Kelly traded a RB for a LB because his offense is fine but his defense needs all the help it can get.

I agree and Chip FIRMLY thinks 'most talented if not great' WRs/RBs thrive in his system while there is a very smart , talented QB to make it run smooth.

I'd take Kiko Alonzo over Foles. If we do trade with them and there's a player involved I'd rather that player be kiko. 

I'd take Kiko Alonzo over Foles. If we do trade with them and there's a player involved I'd rather that player be kiko. 

Straight up, I'd agree, but comparing to 'value-over-replacement' I'm not so sure.

I think Foles is likely a bigger improvement over Geno than Alonso is over almost any JAG at ILB. 

Straight up, I'd agree, but comparing to 'value-over-replacement' I'm not so sure.

I think Foles is likely a bigger improvement over Geno than Alonso is over almost any JAG at ILB. 

I'll have to disagree. I do think Foles would probably be an upgrade, but to say that Alonso wouldnt be a bigger upgrade is like saying we have linebackers on the team. Outside Demario Davis there is no one. 

I'll have to disagree. I do think Foles would probably be an upgrade, but to say that Alonso wouldnt be a bigger upgrade is like saying we have linebackers on the team. Outside Demario Davis there is no one. 

But in terms of affecting our W-L record? 

But seriously why wouldn't the Jets want McCoy more than or as much as Alonzo and how would somebody within the Philly organization know this...for starters? 

really? I think that is defiintion of forums, message boards etc. Its not two source journalism, LOL. So helpful Slats ;)

Is it?

I've been in other threads trying to put out this fire -originally started by none other than Mannish Mehta- that the Jets are somehow going to cash in on a trade with Philly involving Mariota. It's highly unlikely to happen. Philly doing a salary dump while trying to shore up their defense doesn't in any way make it more likely, IMHO.

If a team covets Mariota, and they believe he's worth the #6 pick in the draft, they're going to have to be willing to trade up higher than that because the team picking at #6 also happens to be in need of a QB.

If the Jets are playing it smart, they'll try to "leak" the opposite of their actual intentions. If they don't want Mariota, they want a team to trade in front of them to take him so a better prospect drops in their lap. If they do want him, they want everyone to think they don't so he drops.

I will try to be kind, but would not that be useless if the guy that Philly wants is not there at 6?   But I would think that he would be an enticing chip to offer.

I think Chip Kelly traded a RB for a LB because his offense is fine but his defense needs all the help it can get.

Yep. Plus the cost differential, while he needs $ to re-sign Maclin. That McCoy was an unhappy camper anyway, wanting a new contract more lucrative than the one Kelly already didn't want to pay him, made it an easier decision. Also Kelly doesn't seem to think he needs this or that player to make his offense work. That if his passing game is clicking he will create enough open space to make a non-elite RB put up tons of yardage. Polk, or a rookie, plus Sproles.

It's mega-interesting to watch unfold. Think about the way the Eagles' offense was clicking there through early January of 2014.  2nd year QB with a 27:2 ratio, stud 25 year old top-3 NFL RB, demon speed 27 year old star WR. All 3 deserved pro bowlers or 1st team all pro, and all 3 of them under contract for a couple more seasons minimum. To most fans' thinking, with any semblance of an OL, that's an offense to build around right there. And in less than 14 months later, before May of 2015 is upon them, Kelly will have actively and willingly shipped all 3 off his team.

I don't know whether it will all work out for them in the end. But the guy's got balls, I'll give him that.

Is it?

I've been in other threads trying to put out this fire -originally started by none other than Mannish Mehta- that the Jets are somehow going to cash in on a trade with Philly involving Mariota. It's highly unlikely to happen. Philly doing a salary dump while trying to shore up their defense doesn't in any way make it more likely, IMHO.

If a team covets Mariota, and they believe he's worth the #6 pick in the draft, they're going to have to be willing to trade up higher than that because the team picking at #6 also happens to be in need of a QB.

If the Jets are playing it smart, they'll try to "leak" the opposite of their actual intentions. If they don't want Mariota, they want a team to trade in front of them to take him so a better prospect drops in their lap. If they do want him, they want everyone to think they don't so he drops.

Huh? what the hell u talking about? I said 'Could the eagles'.. pure 'conjecture is obvious'..whats your issue man with thread? I made no factual comments or hinted at any.. Chill, I still like u :)

Yep. Plus the cost differential, while he needs $ to re-sign Maclin. That McCoy was an unhappy camper anyway, wanting a new contract more lucrative than the one Kelly already didn't want to pay him, made it an easier decision. Also Kelly doesn't seem to think he needs this or that player to make his offense work. That if his passing game is clicking he will create enough open space to make a non-elite RB put up tons of yardage. Polk, or a rookie, plus Sproles.

It's mega-interesting to watch unfold. Think about the way the Eagles' offense was clicking there through early January of 2014.  2nd year QB with a 27:2 ratio, stud 25 year old top-3 NFL RB, demon speed 27 year old star WR. All 3 deserved pro bowlers or 1st team all pro, and all 3 of them under contract for a couple more seasons minimum. To most fans' thinking, with any semblance of an OL, that's an offense to build around right there. And in less than 14 months later, before May of 2015 is upon them, Kelly will have actively and willingly shipped all 3 off his team.

I don't know whether it will all work out for them in the end. But the guy's got balls, I'll give him that.

agree, eagles 99% did this for them.. I was just conjecturing with the stud LB, Jets may ask for that as part of a trade up IF Eagles approach us. IF.

Archived