Anderson: New York Jets Real Possibility for Brandon Marshall

32EBoozer

Evidently this woman is tight wih Bowles. She's the one he texted when he decided to take Jet job.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/3/5/8159129/anderson-new-york-jets-real-possibility-for-brandon-marshall

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, the New York Jets have an actual chance of trading for Brandon Marshall.

Earlier, we discussed whether or not the team should be interested in trading for Marshall. I've said that I would love to get Marshall. He's an incredible receiver, one of the best in the game, and the way he's turned his life around from crippling borderline personality disorder is inspiring.

In addition, there's reason to trust Anderson. As pointed out below, she was the one that broke the news that Todd Bowles would become the next HC of the NYJ, as she apparently has a direct link to the man himself.

Obviously, it's far from a done deal. I've said before that reports during this period are often false and nothing but publicity grabs as teams and agents try to gain leverage. However, this would certainly be huge if it happens. The combination of Marshall and Eric Decker would give the team its best receiving tandem in years.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall and Decker would give us some duo. Combine that with whichever WR we draft, Kerley, and whomever can stick as the #5 and #6 and on paper it might be the best receiving corps in over a decade, at least.

With the obvious improvements we'll be making along the OL and the potential to get better at RB. The only way we could **** this up is by somehow still not finding a QB to put in the center of it all.

Doh.

Starting to really like this idea, but probably wouldn't want to trade for him

Cut Harvin, lose our 6th, get our 4th back. Send our 5th to Chicago for Marshall. Draft one of the top 8 WRs in this draft with either our 1st or 2nd rounder.

Evidently this woman is tight wih Bowles. She's the one he texted when he decided to take Jet job.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/3/5/8159129/anderson-new-york-jets-real-possibility-for-brandon-marshall

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, the New York Jets have an actual chance of trading for Brandon Marshall.

Earlier, we discussed whether or not the team should be interested in trading for Marshall. I've said that I would love to get Marshall. He's an incredible receiver, one of the best in the game, and the way he's turned his life around from crippling borderline personality disorder is inspiring.

In addition, there's reason to trust Anderson. As pointed out below, she was the one that broke the news that Todd Bowles would become the next HC of the NYJ, as she apparently has a direct link to the man himself.

Obviously, it's far from a done deal. I've said before that reports during this period are often false and nothing but publicity grabs as teams and agents try to gain leverage. However, this would certainly be huge if it happens. The combination of Marshall and Eric Decker would give the team its best receiving tandem in years.

yep about 17 years

I would love to get Marshall for a 6th rounder.  Shame we won't have a 6th to trade.  Would have to go for a 5th unfortunately but I'd still easily make that deal if the Bears were cool with it.  We can easily afford Marshall at his 9.5Mil salary and he immediately makes Decker shine better a la D. Thomas did in Denver.

Keep Harvin with Marshall and go full diva WR or just say no

Marshall in NY is a bad idea, let alone giving up a draft pick

I say no :)

I don't see Marshall in NY as a bad thing.  Its not like he was a bad egg, the dude has a mental disorder that with the help of the NFL, it looks like Marshall is mostly in control of it now.  I actually applaud Marshall for addressing his issues the right way and I think it shows a lot about his character and strength of character that he has been able to mostly rise above it and be a good team mate.

I wish there was a way we could add Harvin to a trade deal for Marshall but nobody is stupid enough to take Harvins contract unfortunately.

edit: The one thing I would caution with Marshall though is he is coming off back surgery I think?  Thats something I would have the doctors looking closely at.

Marshall and the NY media seems like a horrible idea. Seems to be way too out spoken. Also I'm not swapping a 26 year old Harvin for a 31 year old Marshall. I would like all three in Decker, Marshall and Harvin, however we dont have a high volume throwing QB to please all.

I don't see Marshall in NY as a bad thing.  Its not like he was a bad egg, the dude has a mental disorder that with the help of the NFL, it looks like Marshall is mostly in control of it now.  I actually applaud Marshall for addressing his issues the right way and I think it shows a lot about his character and strength of character that he has been able to mostly rise above it and be a good team mate.

I wish there was a way we could add Harvin to a trade deal for Marshall but nobody is stupid enough to take Harvins contract unfortunately.

edit: The one thing I would caution with Marshall though is he is coming off back surgery I think?  Thats something I would have the doctors looking closely at.

Agree it is a good story and I am glad he turned his life around but he also turned on his QB to the media last year and the Jets QB's are all worse, I just don't think it's a good fit

now that you say it Chicago could want Harvin for when they play division games against the Vikings...

think we could get a 4th and Marshall for Harvin?

Agree it is a good story and I am glad he turned his life around but he also turned on his QB to the media last year and the Jets QB's are all worse, I just don't think it's a good fit

now that you say it Chicago could want Harvin for when they play division games against the Vikings...

think we could get a 4th and Marshall for Harvin?

I doubt we would get a draft pick.  It would more than likely be us giving up Harvin and a 4th for Marshall.

I don't remember Marshall turning on Cutler last year, I actually remember him supporting him but also being critical of the QB.  It was the Offensive Coordinator that said some bad sh*t about Cutler that went public.  I actually think it was the reason Marshall made the following comment:

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall made an appearance on WMVP on Monday after he was placed on injured reserve and was asked about his quarterback. Marshall said he felt there were better days ahead on the field, but that he understood why the people signing the checks might have some regrets about it.

“That’s tough, man,” Marshall said, via the Chicago Tribune. “What I would say is we all know Jay is more than capable of getting it done. It doesn’t always fall on him. I guess that’s why those guys are the highest paid players out there. Because when you win and everything is going good, they get all the glory. And when it’s bad, they take more than what they should take. But I can understand that as far as as a business man, I would have buyer’s remorse, too.”

Unless there was another issue I can't recall from last year, I think Marshall has been a great locker room presence and a good team supporter.  I definitely would be looking into the back injury though as he is 30 or 31 this year.  If the back is good, a 31 yr old Marshall is still 10x better than a whatever age Harvin.

Unless there was another issue I can't recall from last year, I think Marshall has been a great locker room presence and a good team supporter.  I definitely would be looking into the back injury though as he is 30 or 31 this year.  If the back is good, a 31 yr old Marshall is still 10x better than a whatever age Harvin.

It was the "unacceptable" rant, but looking back (and reading the article) it does seem they are friends, just left a bad impression for me but I guess that is also the time the Jets season was officially over

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11729610/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-calls-loss-unacceptable

Besides his contract has he lost a step or two?

Hard to say for sure.  last year was definitely a down year for him statistically but he was also plagued with injuries last year.

Last year was his worst year since his rookie year and even then its way better than any other receiver (sans decker) the Jets have had in a long time:

post-28727-0-97960900-1425606163_thumb.j

It was the "unacceptable" rant, but looking back (and reading the article) it does seem they are friends, just left a bad impression for me but I guess that is also the time the Jets season was officially over

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11729610/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-calls-loss-unacceptable

Oh yeah now I remember.  Yeah that doesn't seem too bad reading it again now.  Very passionate for sure.  After reading this though I would definitely shy away from Marshall if we are going to start Geno  :winking0001:   I think Geno's turnovers would cause Marshall to have an aneurysm.  

Don't you think he would sign with 10 other teams with a QB before the Jets?

Don't you think the market might be slight saturated with Bowe, Stevie Johnson added to the mix and also having a 2nd straight draft which is deep at the WR position.

If we don't get him lets just say its not the end of the world like we make it sound with every player that hits the market.

Marshall is still a bona fide stud. 

He'll make less than Harvin is scheduled to make and will be 3 times the wideout. 

I think he has at least 3 more elite years in him.

The problem being we are not a win now team or even a win in 2 years team.  Will his good years be wasted here.

That said I'd drop Harvin like a hot potato and grab this stud.

Marshall is still a bona fide stud. 

He'll make less than Harvin is scheduled to make and will be 3 times the wideout. 

I think he has at least 3 more elite years in him.

The problem being we are not a win now team or even a win in 2 years team.  Will his good years be wasted here.

That said I'd drop Harvin like a hot potato and grab this stud.

If he's an important piece of us beating NE 2x/yr for the next 3 years, his time here will well be worth it.

If he's an important piece of us beating NE 2x/yr for the next 3 years, his time here will well be worth it.

In today's NFL you can turn it around quickly. 

I also think Marshall could easily handle the NYC media.  He's a different guy these days, he's mature, and he actually thrives in the spotlight as seen on Inside the NFL.

Archived