Mike Wallace (maybe?)

It's going to be real interesting to see how/if the contract

prices for the other free agent WR's is kept down.  With an

over supply in the market I'm hoping we can get Torrey Smith

for a contract in the 4 year / 20-22 million range.  Bye bye

Harvin and hello 4th round pick

Torrey Smith

WR heavy draft, WR heavy FA market.  

I like the idea of bringing in a vet on a one year deal, taking a WR high in rounds 1 or 2 and let them have a year to develop with a veteran providing the necessary production for the year...maybe a Stevie Johnson type. 

This team is terrible and devoting too much money into another FA WR could be a huge mistake.

With the draft full of good good WR's, I would be surprised if we go after any WR that pays 5+ million.  Torey Smith fills a need for us and we should check on what it would take to bring hime here.   The rest of them like Stevie and the older guys I would pass on.  

As many of 4 of the 5 WRs on this list will not be released. The exception is Stevie Johnson. The other 4 are the ones that garner any actual excitement from anyone. Any or all of them may be retained or traded for and will never see free agency.

The market as likely as not will be the same guys we knew about (Cobb, Torrey, etc.), plus Stevie Johnson, and nothing more.

The one with the highest chance of getting outright cut is Bowe because I don't see any team trading for him so they could be first in line to take on a ridiculous contract ($11M in 2015, $10M in 2016 and 2017) for a player who last eclipsed more than 800 yards (ok more than 801 yards) 4 seasons prior.

Sign Steve Johnson who knows Gailey's system, fit the OL with Scherff and Ogbeuhi  who will start 2015 at RG and RT hopefully with 1st and 3rd round picks. Fix the secondary and linebacking core in free agency.

Your receiving core would consist of : All under contract. Draft a late round prospect with upside. 3  vets and 3 developmental prospects ;

Decker

Johnson

Kerley

Evans

Enunwa

Sign Steve Johnson who knows Gailey's system, fit the OL with Scherff and Ogbeuhi  who will start 2015 at RG and RT hopefully with 1st and 3rd round picks. Fix the secondary and linebacking core in free agency.

Your receiving core would consist of : All under contract. Draft a late round prospect with upside. 3  vets and 3 developmental prospects ;

Decker

Johnson

Kerley

Evans

Enunwa

Edit:

Brandon Marshal

Eric Decker

Jeremy Kerley

Shaq Evans

Quincy Enunwa

The Jets need to upgrade the slot receiver position with someone who has more speed than  Kerley.  IMO, Devin Smith would look great on this team.

Phil Dorsett

Bingo!!!  Anyone of the following would be great:

Philip Dorsett

Tyler Lockett

Devin Smith

A speedy WR that will balance out the big guys we have in Decker & Marshall

If you add Brandon Scherff, Cedric Ogbeuhi and Devin Smith  to this offense, the Jets would scare people even with Geno Smith at QB by mid season.  

OL:

LT   -  Ferguson

LG  -  Aboushi

OC -  Mangold

RG -  Scherff

RT -  Cedric Ogbeuhi

With the draft full of good good WR's, I would be surprised if we go after any WR that pays 5+ million.  Torey Smith fills a need for us and we should check on what it would take to bring hime here.   The rest of them like Stevie and the older guys I would pass on.  

Does Marshall fall under that category?

Archived