Ok with Marshall trade how does that change who you want at Jets pick at 6

faba

I wanted the edge rusher of their dreams before the Marshall trade, so nothing's changed.

Trading down no more than six spots and taking the BAP (maybe Waynes?), while also adding another pick or two would also be nice -maybe even better.

There's still just no way I see this fantasy trade with Philly happening.

I wanted the edge rusher of their dreams before the Marshall trade, so nothing's changed.

Trading down no more than six spots and taking the BAP (maybe Waynes?), while also adding another pick or two would also be nice -maybe even better.

More like Brandon Scherff or Randy Gregory. Scherff = Joe Thomas / Gregory = Orakpo

Waynes eerily reminds me of Kyle Wilson..no thanks.

im leaning on a trade but if we dont im torn between fowler/cooper/white.  i know we just got marshall and the trio of decker/marshall/kerley is light years ahead of the trash we have trotted out there the last few years, but i really think cooper/white could be dominant for the next 10 years.  fowler is a beast tho and i wouldnt be upset if hes the pick.  we havnt had a pass rushing linebacker in forever

Well I think the trade with the Eagles was going to be on the table regardless of this deal, because the first two rounds of this draft is deep in WR, so it wouldn't matter as much.  I think the type of WR we target may have changed now, since we need a speed guy to go over the top now, so someone like Dorsett, Lockett, Smith probably moved up on our boards right now as a better fit.   My other line of thinking is if the Jets move down with the Eagles, could they target DGB at 20, and let him learn under Marshall like Jeffery?  

I think if we stay at 6, we're going LB, most likely Beasely or Fowler.  

If Mariota is there you pick the QB. If the Eagles trade with you than you get Foles in the trade. You have to get a QB to win in the NFL. Look at the winning teams every year.  If Mariota Is picked than you have to go for Shane Ray. Again hope he is available. Stay and I mean stay away from Gregory.

Maybe we wont need to,,swap #1s, Foles and Kiko with a few mid round picks added in,, at 20 we add  BAA

Why would Philly trade for Alonzo just to trade him? I would take it though. Offensive lineman or free safety. Really, it all depends on the free agent period and I think Maccagnan may have some surprises up his sleeve.

I'm still interested in a WR this year in the draft. But obviously not in the top 10. Dorsett seems like he could be the guy at #38. I also want to see what Shaq Evans brings to the table.

I was really interested in Kevin White at #6, but not anymore. My choice has been and will be Shane Ray at #6 if we don't trade down.

We signed Marshall & Harris for probably 10-12 million combined on this years cap.

With the Marshall signing I don't see us keeping Harvin, so we cut Harvin & his 10+ million cap hit & WE STILL HAVE 52 million to spend.

Poor, poor Jets, how will we ever get better?

This is gonna be NEAT!

This regime is gonna pounce like a panther on the right players!

We signed Marshall & Harris for probably 10-12 million combined on this years cap.

With the Marshall signing I don't see us keeping Harvin, so we cut Harvin & his 10+ million cap hit & WE STILL HAVE 52 million to spend.

Poor, poor Jets, how will we ever get better?

This is gonna be NEAT!

This regime is gonna pounce like a panther on the right players!

Makes all the sense in the world now to cut Harvin. Still a boat load of cash like you said. Hard not to be excited after today. Wish we didn't overpay Harris by that much but it's nothing that will hold us back.

Give me the Foles trade 1st, and if we wind up picking at 6, Fowler or Cooper/White. I don't believe much has changed at 6 because Fowler and a couple other OLB and the top two WR are going to be BPA at 6. If we trade down with cleveland give me Beasley and DGB. 

Edit: If we pick at 20 give me one of DGB, Waynes, Dupree (or one of the other top OLB if available at 20).

I still want Amari Cooper.

Although I must say that I am glad that Jets got a solid WR#1 in Marshall but are also able to ditch him next year if they want to like they will do with Harvin this year. To be honest I'm still holding out for Demaryius Thomas to come next year. I really feel like if he hit free agency we would have snagged him up real quick. But oh well, hopefully next year

I say edge rusher too.  And later in the draft grab someone like Philip Dorsette, because Bowles has said several times that he wants to take more shots downfield.  And neither Decker nor Marshall really fill that bill.

If Jameis is still there at 6, which I doubt, I want Jameis.

If not, I hope we trade down which is what I think will happen. 

Don't be surprised if the following happens:

Philly and Cleveland get into a bidding war over our pick for Mariota, Cleveland goes nuts and breaks the bank in a trade with us where we get huge value in picks and......Manziel. I could totally see this happening even though I don't think highly of him as a player. 

Archived