What if?

bealeb319

What if the Bears drop Cutler and the Jets pick him up? Then Mariota falls to us at pick #6 we could trade down to the Eagles but instead of getting Foles we could ask for the same deal and take Kiko as the player instead, it would give us a good LB that we have been missing and I think Cutler would be a good temporary patch...if he plays well we can keep him and if not he should play well enough until we can find a better solution.

What if the Bears drop Cutler and the Jets pick him up? Then Mariota falls to us at pick #6 we could trade down to the Eagles but instead of getting Foles we could ask for the same deal and take Kiko as the player instead, it would give us a good LB that we have been missing and I think Cutler would be a good temporary patch...if he plays well we can keep him and if not he should play well enough until we can find a better solution.

Ask yourself which position is more important.

Ask yourself which position is more important.

That's up for debate. With Rex a LB would have been much more valuable because it seems no matter what QB you give him they all sucked. Bowels is a defensive minded coach also (not saying he will be the same way but no one really knows yet) it would not be absurd to think he would put a good LB to use better than he would be able to do with a decent QB. that being said also keep in mind that in this scenario we also get Cutler who I don't think is much worse than Foles anyway.

That's up for debate. With Rex a LB would have been much more valuable because it seems no matter what QB you give him they all sucked. Bowels is a defensive minded coach also (not saying he will be the same way but no one really knows yet) it would not be absurd to think he would put a good LB to use better than he would be able to do with a decent QB. that being said also keep in mind that in this scenario we also get Cutler who I don't think is much worse than Foles anyway.

I don't think Foles is bad at all.

I don't think Foles is bad at all.

I never once said Foles is bad, I am just wondering what others would think about a different option as opposed to following the same one we have been following for the past 2 months. Honestly I don't think either scenario pans out and I think Mariota is gone before pick number 6 anyway.

You are forgetting the most important thing about Kiko.  He was a duck.  Chip collects ducks he doesn't get rid of them.

I wouldn't take Cutler even if he didn't cost us anything. He's a whiny pu$$y who did squat with the Bears. . I remember when he wouldn't even return the owners phone call when Denver drafted Tebow. NO THANKS ! 

Yeah, Eagles have Kiko on the trading block.

It's really shouldn't be

You are forgetting the most important thing about Kiko.  He was a duck.  Chip collects ducks he doesn't get rid of them.

yea but how bad does chip want Mariota though? there are pleanty of ducks he would get rid of for him

yea but how bad does chip want Mariota though? there are pleanty of ducks he would get rid of for him

ehh I don't think so.  I think Chip is enamored with getting players from the ducks to keep up with his tempo at the NFL level.  I haven't seen Chip get rid of a single duck he has acquired so far.  He has like 8 or 9 of them.

Cutler is a waste of his gifts.

Lazy. Doesn't work on his mechanics and throws off his back foot and from awkward launch angles when totally unnecessary.

Poor leader. Has zero charisma.

Selfish. Unremorsefully flings the ball anywhere, anytime, into heavy coverage and commits horrific Sanchez like turnovers.

In other words, he is a Jeff George like bum.

NO!

"What if the Bears drop Cutler and the Jets pick him up?"

If it were to happen, then I'd imagine the Jets would go 3-13 or 4-12 again.  Cutler is not the answer to anybody's QB problem.  I mean, seriously. The Bears just gave him a big contract and now they can't wait to get rid of him.  That tells you everything you need to know.

"What if the Bears drop Cutler and the Jets pick him up?"

If it were to happen, then I'd imagine the Jets would go 3-13 or 4-12 again. Cutler is not the answer to anybody's QB problem. I mean, seriously. The Bears just gave him a big contract and now they can't wait to get rid of him. That tells you everything you need to know.

Nice to see someone that sees things very similarly...

Archived