Stop complaining about 1-2 Million dollar differences ...

Clementi49

It is by far the most annoying thing about jet fans on this message board. You guys literally bitch about 1-2 million in money differences and act like it's do or die. And act like it determines if you like a player or will root for a player. Nothing is more annoying than that from the jet fan.

Omg david Harris signed a deal that you thought was 1.5 million dollars too much. Just go away. No one cares about that opinion. It's so insanely annoying getting on jet nation . Com and listening to people bitch about money descrepancies like it's do or die every move. Shut up. Leader of the defense got an extra couple mil for being a leader. So what .....

It is by far the most annoying thing about jet fans on this message board. You guys literally bitch about 1-2 million in money differences and act like it's do or die. And act like it determines if you like a player or will root for a player. Nothing is more annoying than that from the jet fan.

Omg david Harris signed a deal that you thought was 1.5 million dollars too much. Just go away. No one cares about that opinion. It's so insanely annoying getting on jet nation . Com and listening to people bitch about money descrepancies like it's do or die every move. Shut up. Leader of the defense got an extra couple mil for being a leader. So what .....

I thought it was $5.5M too much. Per season.

I figured some desperate team would pay Harris $5 million/year on the open market. What I didn't anticipate was that we'd be that desperate team AND that we'd pay him 50% on top of what I figured the next desperate team would pay.

I thought it was $5.5M too much. Per season.

Clearly you are saying that you were ok with finding a replacement for Harris.  That's fine, but I think Clementi's point is if you want the guy and feel he's important for you, stop futzing around over whether 6 is the number or 7.5 is.  When its Maxwell's turn or Revis's turn or whoever MacBowles has earmarked as "the guy" to visit the Jets I hope they're not hyper focusing on whether 10 million is fair or 12 million.  Just get it done...

Everyone thinks their opinion matters but are typically just being an annoying bitch. Check out this thread for example, guy felt the need to start a whole new topic to share his all important point of view.

Clearly you are saying that you were ok with finding a replacement for Harris.  That's fine, but I think Clementi's point is if you want the guy and feel he's important for you, stop futzing around over whether 6 is the number or 7.5 is.  When its Maxwell's turn or Revis's turn or whoever MacBowles has earmarked as "the guy" to visit the Jets I hope they're not hyper focusing on whether 10 million is fair or 12 million.  Just get it done...

If they want THIS player that badly and feel THIS player is that important then we've got problems. So what was all that crap about Bowles wanting/needing us to get faster on defense to make his secret sauce work its magic? How does David Harris sticking around for 2 even slower-running seasons further that goal?

I started to see scratches in the MacBowles armor when he suggested he wanted Harvin to take a pay cut (i.e. he wanted to give a career headcase millions of guaranteed dollars that makes him uncuttable, when he already had him under contract with $0 guaranteed). Re-signing a player we needed to upgrade from, and re-signing him for huge dollars with multiple years of guarantees? I'm very concerned.

Post of the DAY.  Thank you

If they want THIS player that badly and feel THIS player is that important then we've got problems. So what was all that crap about Bowles wanting/needing us to get faster on defense to make his secret sauce work its magic? How does David Harris sticking around for 2 even slower-running seasons further that goal?

I started to see scratches in the MacBowles armor when he suggested he wanted Harvin to take a pay cut (i.e. he wanted to give a career headcase millions of guaranteed dollars that makes him uncuttable, when he already had him under contract with $0 guaranteed). Re-signing a player we needed to upgrade from, and re-signing him for huge dollars with multiple years of guarantees? I'm very concerned.

If you trust your talent evaluation and are convinced that this guy is better than the alternative are you saying still draw a line on the money and risk losing him or is it ok to overpay to secure him?  I'm not arguing that your points are right - I actually agree that Bowles is going to likely keep Harris off the field in passing downs and go dime to get faster (meaning we overpaid).  But I am more focused on the talent evaluation vs. the size/scope of the contract. If Harris proves to be the best performer vs. the alternatives then I have faith that Maccags will get better at contract negotiation/agent poker with more experience. If another FA we could have had thoroughly outplays Harris over the next two years (and signs for less too), that will hurt my trust since its the talent evaluation aspects of the new front office that I am wanting to believe in.

If you trust your talent evaluation and are convinced that this guy is better than the alternative are you saying still draw a line on the money and risk losing him or is it ok to overpay to secure him?  I'm not arguing that your points are right - I actually agree that Bowles is going to likely keep Harris off the field in passing downs and go dime to get faster (meaning we overpaid).  But I am more focused on the talent evaluation vs. the size/scope of the contract. If Harris proves to be the best performer vs. the alternatives then I have faith that Maccags will get better at contract negotiation/agent poker with more experience. If another FA we could have had thoroughly outplays Harris over the next two years (and signs for less too), that will hurt my trust since its the talent evaluation aspects of the new front office that I am wanting to believe in.

It's the 2nd thing he did that hurt my trust (so far; it's early yet). The first was not the trade for Marshall. I liked that one very much.

Archived