Mike Maccagnan

Tinstar

Randy Moss was acquired for a 4th rounder and promptly put up one of the best seasons a WR has ever had.

Sometimes people just wear out their welcome. 

well, that was the Raiders ;)

It tells me that he got us a #1 WR with a 5th rounder, resigns a ILBer that has been our tackling machine since we drafted him in 2007 and wants him to retire a Jet since we have the money and the other guys are bodies for camp. 

I dont see a thing wrong with what Mac has done thus far. I would have liked to see Harris give us more of a hometown discount given all of the money he received when Tanny was around, but with 54 million under the cap and with Harvin most likely being cut, I wont complain too much about that. 

And I still think that Wilkerson should play out his rookie contract because I would prefer to extend Richardson next year instead. 

It all depends on what defensive scheme the jets will run.  If it's a 34, then resign Wilkerson now. If it's a 43, then let him play out his contract and see what happens . You are right about him and Richardson playing the same position. The 5T in a 34 or the 3T in a 43. Neither of em are true NTs. 

It all depends on what defensive scheme the jets will run.  If it's a 34, then resign Wilkerson now. If it's a 43, then let him play out his contract and see what happens . You are right about him and Richardson playing the same position. The 5T in a 34 or the 3T in a 43. Neither of em are true NTs. 

I did hear that we could be playing alot of 4-3, but thats total hearsay. I do believe though that Bowles will run the best front he believes will give the team the best chance of winning on a per week basis. 

There is absolutely zero chance Maccagnan isn't operating under an order from Woody to transact lots of business with players whose names people know. Literally zero.

if true.. that may be the worst of all signs.. if they guy can't stand up to the owner it's going to be over quickly

Isn't it just possible that Mac thought this was a good football move? Why must everything be a conspiracy???

It tells me he's trying to, or being forced to by Woody, to win it in 2015.

Which to me is the wrong decision.

How is signing 3 non-starters for depth, 1 star vet receiver to help any QB under center and re-signing one of your home grown talent equate to going for it all in 2015?  It seems to me, Macc is being smart and trying to balance depth vs starters before FA even starts.

Here's what this deal does to the Jets roster IMO..

Eric Decker Brandon Marshall and Jeremy Kerley are the starters :  The kiddy core consist of Shaq Evans, Quincy Enunwa and a bunch of Camp fodder.

If I were Evans, I would follow Decker around like a lost Puppy.  Enunwa should do the same with Marshall and the Jets need to find someone to shadow Kerley.

We need a QB, I like the idea of a Matt More or perhaps Foles in a trade with Philly. Geno Smith is way too inconsistent to ever become a winning QB. One week he's a pro Bowler and the next week he'll compile a 0.00 QBR. That ain't cutting it in any division much less one with the World Champs in it.

Not buying anything, I said if, but i don't think he's completely off base. As i said in the original thread Marshall is overrated, the perception of his value is greater then his actual value. People are running around calling him an elite WR as if actual elite WR's are acquirable with just a 5th rd pick. So yeah, you can make an argument that this was a move for the fans

Every move could be spun as a move for the fans. This is silly.

Marshall, even if he never posts 100 catches again, gives us a 70 catch WR who will make the players around him better. For a 5th, that's worth it. Most day 3 picks don't even make rosters.

Reality is we now have our best WR tandem since Key and Chrebet. That's good for the team and for fans.

Every move could be spun as a move for the fans. This is silly.

Marshall, even if he never posts 100 catches again, gives us a 70 catch WR who will make the players around him better. For a 5th, that's worth it. Most day 3 picks don't even make rosters.

Reality is we now have our best WR tandem since Key and Chrebet. That's good for the team and for fans.

ehh, there's a reason he went for a 5, his efficiency stats are crap

again, i'm not 100% against this deal, it's only a 5 but the idea that he's elite is wrong.. at this stage he's basically a possession receiver who has a high drop rate and a middling catch  %

again, i'm not 100% against this deal, it's only a 5 but the idea that he's elite is wrong.. at this stage he's basically a possession receiver who has a high drop rate and a middling catch %

And as recently as this past season, still a nutjob malcontent who is now entering a locker room that is in desperate need of a culture change. The last thing the Jets need is more players like him.

again, i'm not 100% against this deal, it's only a 5 but the idea that he's elite is wrong.. at this stage he's basically a possession receiver who has a high drop rate and a middling catch  %

I am not arguing why he went for a 5. 

I'm just applying context. He's going to command coverage, probably drawing the safety to his side of the field. Leaving single coverage for guys like Decker, Amaro and Kerley, which should be a huge plus in a spread offense. A guy like that that can get 70 receptions and pull coverage to improve the other receivers is a good thing for a 5th. 

outside of today (the OT, DE and CB were depth players, not starters) the WR was a good one but the Harris deal seems like he heavily overpaid.   Not sure this tells us anything yet.

I could see where Woody would want Harris back.  He is a sentimental fool.  But I just do not think he is tampering---at least not with his own front office!

Randy Moss was acquired for a 4th rounder and promptly put up one of the best seasons a WR has ever had.

Sometimes people just wear out their welcome. 

Your leaving out the part where the Pats were the only team that he would redo his huge contract for.. The Raiders had no choice but to take what they could get..

Your leaving out the part where the Pats were the only team that he would redo his huge contract for.. The Raiders had no choice but to take what they could get..

oh ya! take that pachole

Archived