Brandon Marshall A Football Life - All those who didn't want Marshall should Watch This

JetBlue

I realize there are no guarantees but I can't help but be inspired by how Marshall has not only turned his life around but also made a positive impact in the lives of those who suffer from mental illness.   For those closed and narrow-minded among us, please watch this video.  Understand that people can and do change for the better.   I can't wait to see him in a Jets uniform. 

http://youtu.be/GL36LQZ2dpM

Borderline Personality Disorder is so severe, frustrating, and difficult to make progress, that many therapists refuse to treat patients that have it.

He is battling a tough mental illness. Really nice to see he is doing well so quickly.

Wow, that soft-focus blowjob from the NFL's Office of War Information really opened my closed and narrow mind. Now I see how adding a 31-year-old malcontent with a bum hip to a 4-12 team with a terrible QB and a rookie coach is actually a great idea.

Wow, that soft-focus blowjob from the NFL's Office of War Information really opened my closed and narrow mind. Now I see how adding a 31-year-old malcontent with a bum hip to a 4-12 team with a terrible QB and a rookie coach is actually a great idea.

I watch it three times and saw no sign of the felatio.  ok. 4 times.

Whatever Dude.  Must really suck to be you. 

I'm bias and love the guy. I've been diagnosed with the same sh*t he has and I didn't get **** all done in my life before getting help, he made it to the NFL. I think this trade was a steal and he's going to be looking to prove something this year.

I think he are getting the best of Brandon Marshall, maybe 75% of football abilities from Denver but 250% of a person. I am excited to finally have a number 1 receiver for the first time since Keyshawn Johnson. Let's see how things go with Geno, I think having strong lockeroom guys like mangold and brick will be key.

On another note...Cutler has to be done in Chicago right? If these guys were so tight I can't imagine the rift was bad enough for cutler to want him gone.

To be honest he played hurt last year, on a train crash Bears team. He's still only 31 give me a 5th rounder that's going to be this good.

It's a good deal, and does not box us in. We can cut Harvin, get that 4th back, plus 10 mill. It also allows us not to be forced to pick a receiver now in round 1/2. We can trade down or it's the Pass Rushing OLB.

I realize there are no guarantees but I can't help but be inspired by how Marshall has not only turned his life around but also made a positive impact in the lives of those who suffer from mental illness.   For those closed and narrow-minded among us, please watch this video.  Understand that people can and do change for the better.   I can't wait to see him in a Jets uniform. 

http://youtu.be/GL36LQZ2dpM

Haters will hate bro. 

Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder and the fact that Todd Bowles knows him makes the move a no-brainer. I'll make sure to watch the video, but I dont need convincing at all. After sitting down and really thinking about the move, it really solidified that position and made it a strength. Just two years ago we had the worst starting WR's in the league as a group, right now we have one of the best. Remember, Just over a year ago Brandon Marshall was 1 half of the best WR Tandem in the league (Marshall/Jeffery) and Eric Decker was part of the 2nd best in the league (Thomas/Decker/Welker). Marshall and Decker on paper are arguably top 5 and definitely top 10 WR duo's right now, and it was done for a 5th rounder. I can't even pay mind to someone who has a problem with blowing a 5th rounder on a #1 WR that the head coach knows and previously coached. Good thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285497/article/brandon-marshall-alshon-jeffery-top-wr-duo-ranks

Haters will hate bro. 

Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder and the fact that Todd Bowles knows him makes the move a no-brainer. I'll make sure to watch the video, but I dont need convincing at all. After sitting down and really thinking about the move, it really solidified that position and made it a strength. Just two years ago we had the worst starting WR's in the league as a group, right now we have one of the best. Remember, Just over a year ago Brandon Marshall was 1 half of the best WR Tandem in the league (Marshall/Jeffery) and Eric Decker was part of the 2nd best in the league (Thomas/Decker/Welker). Marshall and Decker on paper are arguably top 5 and definitely top 10 WR duo's right now, and it was done for a 5th rounder. I can't even pay mind to someone who has a problem with blowing a 5th rounder on a #1 WR that the head coach knows and previously coached. Good thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285497/article/brandon-marshall-alshon-jeffery-top-wr-duo-ranks

The Marshall/Jefferies WR tandem was probably THE BEST downfield blocking tandem in football. Denver with DT and Decker were top 5 as well.

This will really help the running game moving forward. Get Spiller running wheel routes or screens out of the backfield with Franklin or Iupati

pulling for them, that is a locomotive train with Marshall and Decker in front plowing DB's out of the way.

I got to stop watching those Football Life documentaries.  If I watched the BB one, I might find him as interesting

as Shrek.

Belichick comes off shockingly cool in all the NFL Films stuff I've seen him in. Seems like a guy you'd like to have a beer with and talk football, rather than the mumbling, cheating jackass that stole a million dollars from a dying old man.

Belichick comes off shockingly cool in all the NFL Films stuff I've seen him in. Seems like a guy you'd like to have a beer with and talk football, rather than the mumbling, cheating jackass that stole a million dollars from a dying old man.

Well.  Dillinger was considered a cool cucumber too.  But he wasn't exactly a great person either, was he?

You understand that going out and getting yourself a diagnosis and just plain being a garden-variety jerkoff aren't mutually exclusive, right? One need not lack empathy for a sociopath to have no use for him.

I understand people can change for the better or worse. Then some folks are just judgemental pricks. The point of the video is how he is using his past actions and his condition to help effect positive change for himself and others. But the morally superior among us can't seem to get that. Carry on.

I can't lie. I'm biased too. Dude is on my top 5 favorite players. That's enough for me to cop a Marshall jersey as a Jet.

I heard a stat during the "A football life" video that I did not know. In the past 7 years the only WR to catch more balls than Marshall was Wes Welker and the only WR to have more yards was Megatron. This may be the best WR we've ever had on this team even as a 30 year old. 

I heard a stat during the "A football life" video that I did not know. In the past 7 years the only WR to catch more balls than Marshall was Wes Welker and the only WR to have more yards was Megatron. This may be the best WR we've ever had on this team even as a 30 year old.

I caught that too. That really speaks volumes considering his quarterbacks and having to adjust to different play books.

I caught that too. That really speaks volumes considering his quarterbacks and having to adjust to different play books.

The stat kinda blew me away. Its one thing to say that we traded a 5th rounder for a #1 WR, and I use the term #1 WR lightly just given how over-the-top people can get with the term, but when I heard that stat and then looked at his numbers again it really hit me that we just traded for one of the top 5 WR's in all of football. This guy isn't just some #1 WR, Brandon Marshall is one of the legitimate elite players in the league. 

Then I heard Chris Carter on the Michael Kay show this morning and he made a damn good point. He said that Brandon Marshall no matter where he's been has produced, every year since he's been in the pros. The only years in his career where he didnt catch at least 80 passes and have over 1,000 yards was in his rookie year, and the year he was injured which was last year. He basically said that he knows Marshall to be one of the most physically fit guys in the league and if that ankle is 100% then we have the Brandon Marshall that we've seen in Chicago. 

This is probably not saying much, but Maccagnan is already my all-time favorite! lol. 

The stat kinda blew me away. Its one thing to say that we traded a 5th rounder for a #1 WR, and I use the term #1 WR lightly just given how over-the-top people can get with the term, but when I heard that stat and then looked at his numbers again it really hit me that we just traded for one of the top 5 WR's in all of football. This guy isn't just some #1 WR, Brandon Marshall is one of the legitimate elite players in the league.

Then I heard Chris Carter on the Michael Kay show this morning and he made a damn good point. He said that Brandon Marshall no matter where he's been has produced, every year since he's been in the pros. The only years in his career where he didnt catch at least 80 passes and have over 1,000 yards was in his rookie year, and the year he was injured which was last year. He basically said that he knows Marshall to be one of the most physically fit guys in the league and if that ankle is 100% then we have the Brandon Marshall that we've seen in Chicago.

This is probably not saying much, but Maccagnan is already my all-time favorite! lol.

Listening to one of the analyst on the show they said he doesn't rely on speed.. So getting older doesn't affect him as bad. He is said to be like Chris Carter.. He will use his body to make catches and last at least 2 more elites years and then maybe even 3 more after that.

Listening to one of the analyst on the show they said he doesn't rely on speed.. So getting older doesn't affect him as bad. He is said to be like Chris Carter.. He will use his body to make catches and last at least 2 more elites years and then maybe even 3 more years in the league.

Brandon Marshall is a "hold the fort guy". Only he is still elite. The Jets appear to want to draft a WR and have him develop. Maybe they see somthing from the draft corps of WR's from last year that can develop over the next couple of years. All in all, I am glad Marshall is a Jet

You sound like a lot of fun at parties.

Why do I get that nervous tingly jetfan feeling in the back of my neck telling me this will blow up in our faces.? I hope not, he's an undeniable talent but you all can understand were I'm coming from.

Not if you like...read articles and sh*t.

Only a few of us see this move for what it is. He could catch 100 balls, 12 tds and 1500 yards and its still not the right move for this team.

The thought process behind this movd is the same thinking thats plagued us the last decade. And the new regime is no different. Ugh.

Archived