Cobb close to agreeing w/Raiders

prime21

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Raiders always do everyone else a favor by picking up one of the busts. Last time we drafted right after them we ended up with Sheldon after they selected DJ Hayden.

Sheldon is the better player but Hayden played really well last year. Between him and McGee they got two of the best CB that are on first contracts.  

They just gave Holmes the lowest tender, too, which makes you think they're prepared to upgrade anyway. Giving Cobb $11 mil is like us giving David Harris $7--the Raiders have to actively try to burn cap space at this point, so who cares if they pay 30% over market for a guy they really want. 

We would have been fine if we didnt completely botch the draft last year. Now Woody is turning everything upside down to appease the riff raff.

If it happens do they still draft a WR??

@MMehtaNYDN: RT @ProFootbaIITaIk: Raiders have been in contact with agent for Randall Cobb since noon ET. Both sides expected to reach a deal in principle, sources tell PFT.

Jmo I'm getting the feeling if they get Randall Cobb they probably are going to go defense with their first pick.( pass rusher) I think that would be a mistake since Raiders need a number 1 Wr . Randall Cobb is good, but he isn't a number 1 Wr. I would draft Amari Cooper at 4.( a true number 1 Wr) . Then your Wr corps is set. 1 . amari Cooper 2 Rod Streater 3. slot Randall Cobb 4. James Jones 5 Brice Butler 6. Seth Roberts. . I love the long term potential of both Butler and Roberts. Andre Holmes is garbage- one trick pony that can't run many routes.

Everybody can use edge rushers, that would be my guess. There isn't that franchise LT type in this year's draft worthy of a top five pick. Fans who want the Jets to take a WR at #6 should be very encouraged by this news.

Leonard or Fowler is my guess

We would have been fine if we didnt completely botch the draft last year. Now Woody is turning everything upside down to appease the riff raff.

Ehhh, if Woody was giving Cobb and Demarco Murray $12 mil, I'd see Woody's fingerprints on it, but I don't think there's a Jets fan out there who was excited about giving big money to Harris. Marshall was an odd deal, for sure, but even that one wasn't that splashy, imo. If anything, it'll lead to a million domestic violence articles with the Jets attached to it now.

Cooper still in play for Oakland, this will allow Oakland to move Cobb to slot. there is no OL worth taking at 4. Oakland could also deal with Philly

That's what I'm thinking.....they can trade with Philly and get a bunch of picks back.

If I'm Philly though I rather trade up with a team that needs a QB so they can unload Foles and in turn lessen the amount of picks they'd have to give up......that's if Tennessee doesn't take Mariotta.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Raiders have a very good, young QB.

This will now allow them to go Oline with their #1 draft pick.

And how the hell is Cobb overrated?

The Raiders aren't going Oline with their first pick . there isn't an Olineman worth a top five pick this year. If Leonard Williams falls they will pick him. If he isn't they might try to trade back in the draft. if they can't might be a pass rusher( head coach background is defense) or Amari Cooper.

The Raiders aren't looking for a tackle. a Guard and a center . their Oline will look something like this Lt Donald Penn ( played very well) Lg Gabe Jackson C ? ( Rodney Hudson) RG ? RT Austin Howard/ M Watson. watson could be Penn understudy at Lt.

if Cameron Irving makes it to their pick in second round he will be there pick. ( why they might want to trade back with their first pick)

Cobb > Marshall. And could have been had for similar money less the pick.

Not even close. On any level.

Marshall is considerably better than Cobb, and I expect Cobb will get far north of $24 million over the next three seasons.

The Raiders always do everyone else a favor by picking up one of the busts. Last time we drafted right after them we ended up with Sheldon after they selected DJ Hayden.

The Raiders draft busts?

What the hell do you call drafting Sanchez at #5 and Gholston at #6?

They are absolutely the worst top 10 draft picks in the NFL over the last decade.

Yea but you also took A cb before the Raiders did Dee Milliner. DJ Hayden will be the better cb . ( Richardson was way better pick than Hayden) All DJ Hayden needs is a full training camp, as he has missed a lot of time due to injury that has slowed his development. He will be a very good Cb in this league.

Yea but you also took A cb before the Raiders did Dee Milliner. DJ Hayden will be the better cb . ( Richardson was way better pick than Hayden) All DJ Hayden needs is a full training camp, as he has missed a lot of time due to injury that has slowed his development. He will be a very good Cb in this league.

hayden has suked so far

Sheldon is the better player but Hayden played really well last year. Between him and McGee they got two of the best CB that are on first contracts.

McGee ? ( Do you mean TJ Carrie ). Carrie( 7th rounder last year) was better Cb than Hayden in 2014. (Just missed too much time to injury)The Raiders will get a veteran cb in Fa ( will try to get Davon House- Mckenize guy he scouted while with Packers). 1. house 2 DJ Hayden/ Carrie. 3. loser becomes nickel Cb 4. Neiko Thorpe 5 . Keith Mcgill 6 ?

The Raiders draft busts?

What the hell do you call drafting Sanchez at #5 and Gholston at #6?

They are absolutely the worst top 10 draft picks in the NFL over the last decade.

Gholston yes. Sanchez no.

Sanchez's playoff resume keeps him from being a bust. Plus thanks to his season in Philly, he now has more TDs than INTs.

And of course you're not going to respond to me because you are not interested in logically talking football and are more concerned with anarchy which is a shame because you do have football knowledge.

But clearly you went for the insult because you forgot about Jamarcus Russell, Darius Heyward-Bey, Robert Gallery. ETC

Eh, they're both made of glass. I think Dee is a lot more talented (especially physically) but his latest injury basically put a fork in him. I doubt he'll ever be the player he could have been, doubt he'll ever be durable enough to be counted on as a starter. To me his career is already done, I don't expect him to contribute much. Each snap we can squeeze out of him from this point on is a plus. So yeah, Hayden will probably end up being the better pick/player.

Yeah, except the quantifiable ones.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Marshall certainly had an off year, he's always been higher in DYAR than DVOA, probably because the insane amount of times Cutler forces it to him, but if he can return top 25 DYAR for $7ish million in this market, I'd consider that okay.  He's most likely on his best behavior year one and being on a relatively shorter contract, I don't see us regretting this move that much.  Or we do, a lot, and it's entertaining.

Cooper still in play for Oakland, this will allow Oakland to move Cobb to slot. there is no OL worth taking at 4. Oakland could also deal with Philly

Philly wont deal with Oakland if they feel they can deal with the Jets .... Oakland will want more compensation in picks the Jets however would want Foles and some picks which will lessen the amount of draft picks they have to give up to move in for Mariota.

Also if the Jets do have the option between Cooper and White I think White is the better WR Bigger Faster Cooper will wind up dropping IMO. Also if the Jets trade out and Both WR;s are gone they may go RB which I hope they do because they could use a real threat at the RB position ...Im talking a Marshall Faulk/Jamal Charles type threat that would open up the entire offense then use Ivory to shut games out in the 4th

Archived