Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the Jets secondary gone from the absolute worst to the absolute best over one offseason?  The only other team with this good of a secondary is Seattle.  Assuming Gilchrist is signed

NYJ - Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Pryor, Gilchrist, 

SEA - Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, Wiliams, Lane

Seattle has the two best safeties in the league, Pryor and Gilchrist is a good young combo, but not close to Thomas and Chancellor

What a difference a year makes. Last year Dee was our #1 corner, by far. Now he'll be our 4th corner, at best. If he even manages to get healthy and then beat out Marcus Williams.

He'll beat out Marcus Williams, Milliner is a player when he's healthy. He ended his rookie season with a bang and was just about the only bright spot against the Chargers this past season. It takes most corners a year or two to figure it out. If he stays healthy, which is a big if, I believe he could beat out everyone not named Revis.

Has the Jets secondary gone from the absolute worst to the absolute best over one offseason?  The only other team with this good of a secondary is Seattle.  Assuming Gilchrist is signed

This is just crazy.  Plus we have two very talented (if oft injured) young players in Milliner and MacDougle.  Marcus Williams has potential as well; I wonder if he can play FS..... 

He'll beat out Marcus Williams, Milliner is a player when he's healthy. He ended his rookie season with a bang and was just about the only bright spot against the Chargers this past season. It takes most corners a year or two to figure it out. If he stays healthy, which is a big if, I believe he could beat out everyone not named Revis.

Exactly plus even though Cromartie signed for 4 years, he will be probably be gone in two.  Milliner will be groomed to replace him in a year or two. 

We'll see how and if he'll be able to bounce back from that injury. Like I said, I don't know of a case where a corner tore his achilles and then came back to be the same player let alone actually got better over time. It's a shame because Dee does have All Pro potential and skill. But he's made of glass.

Exactly plus even though Cromartie signed for 4 years, he will be probably be gone in two.  Milliner will be groomed to replace him in a year or two. 

This secondary is unreal, Skrine Revis Cromartie Milliner locked in as top 4, and then Williams, Walls, and McDougale fighting it out for that 5th, maybe 6th spot? Seattle's secondary is better than ours, but I feel like you can say the Jets secondary, now, is the deepest backfield in the NFL.

Wow....this has to be the mother of all over valued deals. Cro was looking for a 6 million deal. So the JETS give him a 8 million per year deal .......................for 4 years.

Trader Mike is back. But this is smart of Maccag. He saw the fate of how the previous guy was thrown under the bus so he is doing what his owner NOW thinks is the best way to go. It's not his money.

Just to put in perspective the JETS Have spent 100 mill plus on two CB's who are approaching or past 30 years.

Just to put it in perspective Eric Decker who is younger and even on the QB challenged JETS last season ended up with almost 1000 yards,  will for the most part get almost the same money as the 30 plus year old Cro. WOW. Just mind boggling.

Not too shabby. A bit too high for my liking, hopefully we can cut him with no cap hit after 1-2 years.

Worth pointing out, the cap has gone up 20 million in the last 2 years alone, something around 16%. 8 million today is something around 6.7 mil in 2010 dollars in terms of % of the cap. Revis's 14 million per today is something like 11.8 million in 2010 dollars as well.

We'll see how and if he'll be able to bounce back from that injury. Like I said, I don't know of a case where a corner tore his achilles and then came back to be the same player let alone actually got better over time. It's a shame because Dee does have All Pro potential and skill. But he's made of glass.

Leon Hall 2011.  Leon Hall 2013.  Michael Crabtree. Demaryius Thomas.  It's a death sentence!

Kam is amazing. He would take Pryor's lunch and eat it in front of him.

Wow....this has to be the mother of all over valued deals. Cro was looking for a 6 million deal. So the JETS give him a 8 million per year deal .......................for 4 years.

Trader Mike is back. But this is smart of Maccag. He saw the fate of how the previous guy was thrown under the bus so he is doing what his owner NOW thinks is the best way to go. It's not his money.

Just to put in perspective the JETS Have spent 100 mill plus on two CB's who are approaching or past 30 years.

Just to put it in perspective Eric Decker who is younger and even on the QB challenged JETS last season ended up with almost 1000 yards,  will for the most part get almost the same money as the 30 plus year old Cro. WOW. Just mind boggling.

It's not the same money.  The cap went up by over 8 % and we had to spend 89 % of it.  Everyone's value has become inflated.  Suh just got $19M per year.  That's QB money under the old cap.

You have no idea how much money this contract is actually worth. And we know for sure, he probably won't see all 4 years. Your overvalue is an overreaction until we see the details.

Maybe the 4th year is $16M

It's not the same money.  The cap went up by over 8 % and we had to spend 89 % of it.  Everyone's value has become inflated.  Suh just got $19M per year.  That's QB money under the old cap.

Did you just justify what JETS are doing based on what that dysfuntion of a team called the Phags are doing under the original Trader Mike.

Leon Hall 2011.  Leon Hall 2013.  Michael Crabtree. Demaryius Thomas.  It's a death sentence!

First of all, Leon Hall is absolutely terrible. He's not the same player he once was. Secondly, those other 2 guys I think play wide receiver but I'm not sure. Lastly, I never said no player has ever suffered a torn achilles. I said I don't know of a case where a corner tore his achilles and then bounced back from that injury (was able to bounce back let alone actually get better). Try again.

Did you just justify what JETS are doing based on what that dysfuntion of a team called the Phags are doing under the original Trader Mike.

Do you really think Suh was going to sign anywhere for significantly less than what he got?  C'mon, you're better than this.  As a rule of thumb take whatever you think a player is worth under the old cap and add about 12 %.  8 for the amount the cap went up, the other 4 because of the cap floor. 

You're acting like the entire $32 million is guaranteed. Is it? How can we assess the financials before we even know what the guaranteed amount is? A high price for 2 years I can live with because we can fit it under the cap and the spending requirement. But 4 years for Cro? No.

Do you really think Suh was going to sign anywhere for significantly less than what he got?  C'mon, you're better than this.  As a rule of thumb take whatever you think a player is worth under the old cap and add about 12 %.  8 for the amount the cap went up, the other 4 because of the cap floor. 

Everybody has there own way of looking at it.

For me if i am paying a guy 19 mill per year I am wondering if he can make all the throws and accurately too and has a high completion percentage with a very good TD to INT ratio.

But you used that signing by the Phags to justify our little spending spree. That's whats amusing. :)

Archived