Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

why would anyone want Patterson?  He's a glorified special teams player.  Doesn't have the technique down to start.  Guy made 33 catches in 16 games.  Had every opportunity but didn't dedicate himself to learning the offense.  This isn't Madden folks.

7 of his 11 NFL TDs have been 30+ yards. He is a gamebreaker. Put the ball in his hands a handful of times per game and see what happens. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Cameron signs with the Dolphins, and Charles Clay has flown back to Miami to work out a deal with them, spurning the Bills who thought they had Clay wrapped up. Too awesome

two more guys who didn't get the ' everyone wants to play for Rex' memo….theyre gonna be real mad when they find out.

Jordan Cameron signs with the Dolphins, and Charles Clay has flown back to Miami to work out a deal with them, spurning the Bills who thought they had Clay wrapped up. Too awesome

do you think that Miami realizes with the Jets having Revis, Cromartie, Skrine that they will need several offensive weapons to compete against our defense? going with two big tight ends, Wallace and Landry is the only way to compete with our defense.

Yes, please. He can play the role Harvin would have played. KR and big play threat on screens. Plus, he's still young enough to perhaps put it together and be a legit NFL WR, though I'm not holding my breath.

He is pretty much a Harvin clone almost, with bigger size, a little less shifty.

I think from watching him on limited occasions, and his highlight reels, he's very unrefined in his route running, which was a problem at Tennessee as well.  For a guy that is as fast and dynamic as he is, he never seems to get much separation from CBs, even in his high light reel catches.  Almost always, the guy is draped right on, rarely do you see a man coverage one where he has a step or so on a CB.  

I think that's what did him in, because he's the No. 1 target this year, and he's not refined enough to actually get by these No. 1 CBs.  However, he could work really well out of the slot, where he's facing No. 3 corners and the kyle wilson's of the world.  The year before, Jennings took the No. 1 CB, so he had much more leeway to just run around.  And it sucks for him, because Turner is known for making great No. 1 WRs with heavy targets.  

I would offer a mid round pick, but nothing more than a 4 I think.  At this point his name is way ahead of his production, mainly because of fantasy.  Although, probably won't happen, another guy I would love to know the price on his teammate from Tennessee, Justin Hunter.  I felt he's been really saddled with horrible QB and line play.  But they aren't moving him most likely.  

I would be happy for the Jets to take him back (after the draft) and for 5m per year.

Do you understand what I mean by "walking mutiny?" Harvin is not a quality addition even if he is free! His bad attitude spreads like wildfire in California.

Do you understand what I mean by "walking mutiny?" Harvin is not a quality addition even if he is free! His bad attitude spreads like wildfire in California.

Yet when brought to a losing organization last season he was very well behaved...under Rex Ryan...I think you are blinded with dislike for the kid for no reason.

I like this signing better than bringing Cro back.

Our secondary is stacked, and Milliner can work himself back slowly.

The Cromartie contract will be interesting, we only know the porential max number, I'm guessing the guaranteed money won't be as much as we think, and it will probably be a team friendly contract that can be purged after on year without a big hit!

Well, the Jets are not going DB in the draft, and barely need to sign any UDFA's

This was posted by Dinamite in another thread. Interesting how they want to get rid of him and we want him so badly.

Happy about the signing and it makes the secondary stronger. However, check out this piece from San Diego. Maybe Bowles will work with him and in Bowles system of rotating safeties weaknesses can be hidden.

Marcus Gilchrist

Gilchrist is a weak link. Yes, he is versatile, yes he knows the defense, but he just isn't very good. He doesn't do well in coverage and he is a below average tackler. There are plenty of guys out there who can do what he does or better. I also think that letting a guy like Gilchrist go would show the fans and possibly some of the players on the team that the management is committed to getting better.

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2015/2/11/8019649/san-diego-chargers-free-agents-keep-them-or-cut-them-loose

With today's Pass happy NFL bias & officiating, deploying 5 DBs may be the new base defense. If this is the case tweeners- like Antonio Allen- or lumbering safeties like Jarrett have more utility to be able to run with a 4th WR or be big & STRONG enough to take on the AFCEast new infusion of talented BiG TEs for 2015

This was posted by Dinamite in another thread. Interesting how they want to get rid of him and we want him so badly.

I will say fans and media are the worst at ranking DBs. You only really see the guy when they make a mistake and there's so many post snap reads it's really hard to always tell unless you know the coverage. It's all lost in your field of vision/tv angle. Just saying. In a general sense. For the most part.

Archived