Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

I noticed in your signature, you have us drafting Smith and Perryman in the 2nd round. How, in your estimation, were we going to get that extra pick? Trading #6? If so... with whom are you trading?

If Beasley is still on the board, you couldn't have moved down to far,,, no later than #10 I'd say.

Either the Bears or the Browns. The Bears pick at 7 so I guess getting an extra 2nd would be a bit far fetched unless they're really desperate for Mariota that they'd give up that much to move up one spot. But if they think he's the franchise QB they might do it because they know somebody else might move in front of them to pick him up. The Browns are at 13, I think they'd gladly trade up to get him. There's nothing else really at 13 that'd help them out too much. They can get a good receiver later in the 1st round with their 2nd pick, they don't need pass rushers, they have good corners and safeties.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either the Bears or the Browns. The Bears pick at 7 so I guess getting an extra 2nd would be a bit far fetched unless they're really desperate for Mariota that they'd give up that much to move up one spot. But if they think he's the franchise QB they might do it because they know somebody else might move in front of them to pick him up. The Browns are at 13, I think they'd gladly trade up to get him. There's nothing else really at 13 that'd help them out too much. They can get a good receiver later in the 1st round with their 2nd pick, they don't need pass rushers, they have good corners and safeties.

So basically.... wishful thinking. I get it.

So basically.... wishful thinking. I get it.

It's not a prediction. Those are the guys I like, the guys I think would fill our needs and have a big impact here. I know we won't land all of them. I know we won't land even half of them. In fact, odds are we probably won't land any of them.

I have the same issue. If I'm super curious, I quote his tweet. When you quote the tweet, the web address comes up in the quote. I copy the web address and paste it into my web browser and presto! Yes it's a process. That's why I only do it if I'm really curious about the tweet.

That sounds like far too much work for me. I'd much rather just make up what I think is going on in the thread.  :D

Big need.  We haven't really had a big time blocking TE since Ben Hartsock

I never quite got why teams don't just move a backup tackle to TE if you're looking for a pure blocker. That'd instantly give you one of the best blocking TE's in the league...

I never quite got why teams don't just move a backup tackle to TE if you're looking for a pure blocker. That'd instantly give you one of the best blocking TE's in the league...

A Madden move that people who like to run do.  

A Madden move that people who like to run do.  

Teams in the NFL do it every once in a while, but not enough. I have no explanation why every team isn't doing it. Why would you draft or sign a pure blocking TE who is 50 pounds lighter than a tackle if all he does is block? Makes no sense. And those guys usually are overpaid as well, compared to some backup tackle. That way you can get your tackle some playing time, considering they usually don't play at all. They get better. And you save a roster spot + money.

Teams in the NFL do it every once in a while, but not enough. I have no explanation why every team isn't doing it. Why would you draft or sign a pure blocking TE who is 50 pounds lighter than a tackle if all he does is block? Makes no sense. And those guys usually are overpaid as well, compared to some backup tackle. That way you can get your tackle some playing time, considering they usually don't play at all. They get better. And you save a roster spot + money.

The Jets have done that for years.   Schottenheimer in particular.  Wayne Hunter and Rob Turner were both very effective at it.  Some tight ends make sense.  Kellen Davis seems to be nothing more than a small tackle with an eligible jersey number. 

That's easy to answer. Guys like Bick Ferguson can run block at the POA good enough and guys like Davis can actually catch a pass every now and then.  It helps with the deception.

That's easy to answer. Guys like Bick Ferguson can run block at the POA good enough and guys like Davis can actually catch a pass every now and then. It helps with the deception.

Pretty much. If 6 offensive lineman are on the field, chances are its a run. If 5 offensive lineman along with a blocking tight end are on the field, LBers may have to hesitate a little just incase its a playaction pass.

Archived