Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

I know we paid a lot of money and I think we won't win the Super Bowl next year but,

DAMN we needed today. Just to feel good about something on this team for a change. 

There is no doubt about that. Last year especially was really, truly, terrible. Needed it in the worst way. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason for the Jets to sign Cro now, not with Skrine signed.  Cro is asking for 6 m per that is overkill at the position.

Milliner and McDougle coming back, there is still promise with both of these players.  Then we have Williams who really impressed off the street last year, that is 5 deep, a  very stout CB group.

I think a Ghilcrist signing as a hybrid S/DB and it's a wrap for the secondary.

LB is next position to address, and offensive skill players.

I didn't realize Cro was asking for so much. I change my mind, lol

So how much cap space do we have left?? After Revis, Skrine, Carpenter, etc. 

Somewhere between $10-20 mil, waiting for Jason OTC to figure it out. I'm lazy.

Seems like it's going to fall in the middle of that range, but Jason will have it locked down soon.  Room for a few more moves even without the restructuring of any current contracts. 

Anyone get the feeling that Wilkerson will get traded?

If it is for a proven franchise QB, then I'm okay with that. He's an excellent player, but he's not JJ Watt. 

QBs change franchises, DEs don't ... usually.

LaCanfora is a Patriot homer also scorned with Revis going back home

Richardson has 2 more years in his rookie deal and a team option.  That is 3 years left on his rookie contract, and then the Jets can use the franchise tag.

LaCanfora is a moron!

So how much cap space do we have left?? After Revis, Skrine, Carpenter, etc. 

After releasing Harvin I think we had 47 million roughly? 47-16 (Revis)=31 million- 11 million ( Skrine + Carpenter)= 20 million - Powell (2 mill??)= 18 million??? We blew through that FAST.

Anyone get the feeling that Wilkerson will get traded?

Certainly a possibility , I know if I was Mo I'd be asking for 13-14M based on what Suh and Revis have signed for, then we have Shelon the following year . We can be right back in cap hell in 2 years w/o some big moves moving big money. 

I'm in the minority but I hate the Revis signing. 

Somewhere between $10-20 mil, waiting for Jason OTC to figure it out. I'm lazy.

Should be a lot more than $10M unless we front-loaded everyone. Revis is obviously frontloaded (or more accurately, evenly-loaded over the first 3 years). 

Started with ~$65M ($54-55M I think it was, before cutting Harvin and saving $10.5M).

Harris -$7.5M = $57.5M left

Marshall -$7.7M = $50M left

Revis -$16M = $34M left

Powell -$2M = $32M left

Carpenter's and Skline's contracts average $4.75M and $6.25M respectively. But that doesn't mean it's $11M in year 1.
Assume it's $11M for both, because it's not more than that = ~$22M left

I don't know if my starting point is accurate, but it's probably within a couple million of $20M in either direction. Could be closer to $25M if Carpenter and Skline deals are more traditionally structured, where year 1 is a low hit and their pay this year is mostly or significantly from signing bonus.

Or just wait for Jason, lol.

Should be a lot more than $10M unless we front-loaded everyone. Revis is obviously frontloaded (or more accurately, evenly-loaded over the first 3 years).

Started with ~$65M ($54-55M I think it was before cutting Harvin and saving $10.5M).

Harris -$7.5M = $57.5M left

Marshall -$7.7M = $50M left

Revis -$16M = $34M left

Powell -$2M = $32M left

Carpenter's and Skline's contracts average $4.75M and $6.25M respectively. But that doesn't mean it's $11M in year 1.

Assume it's $11M for both, because it's not more than that = ~$22M left

I don't know if my starting point is accurate, but it's probably within a couple million of $20M in either direction. Could be closer to $25M if Carpenter and Skline deals are more traditionally structured, where year 1 is a low hit and their pay this year is mostly or significantly from signing bonus.

Or just wait for Jason, lol.

Sign Cro or Culliver, Parker and Worlids and we are in business.

Sign Cro or Culliver, Parker and Worlids and we are in business.

I think they're done with corners. They just signed two for really good money. They'll probably bring in an OLB and safety but the priority now has to be upgrading, somehow, the QB position. If the Jets can find someone who won't turn the ball over and won't lose the game, they can put a playoff push on. If Geno starts the season is over before it starts.

Allowing that it could just be a rumor, the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe says (Twitter links) says he’s heard that the Patriots dropped out of the running for Darrelle Revis last night, forcing the Jets to bid against themselves. If so, it doesn’t seem to have lowered the CB’s price, as Revis secured a three-year, $48MM deal from New York.

I don't care.

Archived