2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By all means go for it. I created the Yankee thread and have tried to post in it as much as possible to keep Yankee fans on the board updated. I think it'd be great for you to do the same for our cross town rival Mets. Heck of a young rotation, good luck this year.

Mets are better than Yankees this year.

Post-roids era baseball is about the starting pitching and Mets have it. Yankees don't outside of tanaka.

Really don't want to hijack this thread, but Pineda has as much talent as any starting pitching on either team.

But back to the Mets. They have done a great job of trading for, drafting, and developing young staring pitching.

I don't think Backman ever gets the job.

Collins needs to win this year or he'll be gone

That's just dumb on the mets part. Backman has overachieved in VegasAAA and would bring a toughness to the team.

This is like the Knicks choosing Don Chaney over Tom Thibodeau.

Really don't want to hijack this thread, but Pineda has as much talent as any starting pitching on either team.

But back to the Mets. They have done a great job of trading for, drafting, and developing young staring pitching.

You think Pineda is as talented as Harvey? I would love for you to be right about that. Srsly

I posted 2 years ago that the Mets would have one of (if not ) the best rotation in Baseball. Washington is better IMO right now. Middle relief will scare me although I know we are better there as well.

Not sold on the Cuddeyer move and Flores at SS bothers me. Should be a fun season. 1st one in quite awhile.

LETS GO METS

yes absolutely.. if he's healthy he's as good as anyone in baseball.

Many athletes have as much talent as others. That does not mean they perform at an equal or better level.

Harvey's demeanor along with him stuff make him a better pitcher than Pineada, to date what we have seen. 

Not sure if he will surpass him either, unless Harvey is injured.

Many athletes have as much talent as others. That does not mean they perform at an equal or better level.

Harvey's demeanor along with him stuff make him a better pitcher than Pineada, to date what we have seen. 

Not sure if he will surpass him either, unless Harvey is injured.

Sample size is pretty damn small for both (41 vs. 36 career starts), I don't see how you can say either is a better pitcher in such broad terms. Pineda in the 13 starts he made last year was better than Harvey has been to date. Both are pretty damn talented and have a lot to prove performance and health wise.

Sample size is pretty damn small for both (41 vs. 36 career starts), I don't see how you can say either is a better pitcher in such broad terms. Pineda in the 13 starts he made last year was better than Harvey has been to date. Both are pretty damn talented and have a lot to prove performance and health wise.

It is more edifying to look at a small sample size and say who has been better rather than to say someone's talent is better.

I don't get the Mets fans fascination with Wally Backman.

Equally as such, I don't get how the Yankees were so protective of Willy Randolph. He was a shrinking violet as a Met manager.

Backman was a fiery player, he is a protege of Davey Johnson, and has had success at the minor league levels he has coached. I would say that is the fascination.

Equally as such, I don't get how the Yankees were so protective of Willy Randolph. He was a shrinking violet as a Met manager.

Backman was a fiery player, he is a protege of Davey Johnson, and has had success at the minor league levels he has coached. I would say that is the fascination.

Yankee fans are protective of Willie Randolph? That would be news to me. Anyways, if Backman is such a qualified candidate why aren't other teams tripping over themselves to hire him?

Yankee fans are protective of Willie Randolph? That would be news to me. Anyways, if Backman is such a qualified candidate why aren't other teams tripping over themselves to hire him?

On Randolph, you weren't here, but Yankees fans were all stating how the Mets did him wrong, and was a much better manager than the Mets ever deserved. Along those lines.

On Backman, it is because of the scrapes with the law and the truth. 

On Randolph, you weren't here, but Yankees fans were all stating how the Mets did him wrong, and was a much better manager than the Mets ever deserved. Along those lines.

On Backman, it is because of the scrapes with the law and the truth.

The mets did Randolph wrong and they've been in the toilet ever since.

Mets getting hit with the injury bug, couple of relievers and now Wheeler has a blister on his pitching hand to go along with some elbow tenderness.

Wheeler is having Tommy John.  I am a hard core Yankee fan, but I never wish that on anyone. 

He wasn't over used, the Mets did nothing wrong.  Jus sucks

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/12492795/zack-wheeler-new-york-mets-torn-elbow-ligament-need-tommy-john-surgery

Yep.

This is what we get for the Mets doing what you're supposed to do, build around young pitching.

Every good young pitcher. Every single time. Like ******* clockwork. They get traded or hurt or addicted to cocaine and then they go pitch no hitters and win rings with the Yankees AND WHAT THE **** WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER WATCHING SPORTS THEY BRING ME NO JOY AT ALL

The mets did Randolph wrong and they've been in the toilet ever since.

Willie sucked, he deserved to get fired when he did.

The demise of the franchise since has nothing at all to do with him, it's all about the criminal owners.

Archived