2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Nope,  I was told to shut up the **** up before I had a chance to eloborate. I'm not in the wrong here, he can continue to berate me my family. It's all good. I can take it. 

I didn't berate sh*t. What I said was fact. That you think being told to shut up gives you the green light to go after a guy's wife means you're a coward and an idiot that was never taught any better. And if you have a problem with that, you can meet me 60 feet, 6 inches away.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't berate sh*t. What I said was fact. That you think being told to shut up gives you the green light to go after a guy's wife means you're a coward and an idiot that was never taught any better. And if you have a problem with that, you can meet me 60 feet, 6 inches away.

the idea that you think I "went after your wife" is delusional. Flat out that is utter nonsense. 

And to top it off you call my parents pieces of trash and yet deny you're berating my family. You can't make this crapt up. 

Didn't deny what I said at all. You see someone tell you to shut up and to you, in your coward head, that means you're greenlighted to now even so much as mention their wife. That speaks as to how you were raised. And then you are unable to see why what you said was way over the line, which speaks as to how dumb you are. I really don't care how you take that, trash, it's a fact.

So about the Mets; that was rough.  I mean, the fashion in which they blew those games.  It wast just absolutely gut wrenching as fan.  Every time I thought we had them, they had some amazing battle at the plate and hit a clutch 2 strike hit.  It was insane.  Never seen anything like it in the history of the sport. 

Hat's off to the Royals.  They are one of the more impressive teams I've ever seen take the plate.  It's almost like they know eventually they're going to get to you and they dont stress at all when, where and how it happens.  And if you give them a damn inch, they'll take it a country mile.  

I'm proud of this Mets team and I'm very excited about the future.  This team should be up there in the top favorites to make it back to the Series and should be that way for years to come.  If they can do something, anything, to find some consistent hitting this offseason, the Mets are in really good shape.  That said, they cant let defense take a back seat in search of bats.  With this pitching staff moving forward (crazy to think we get Wheeler back), a strong D is premium.  To many easy plays that compounded in this series.

Murphy - thanks for the memories but I'd look to move on.  That run will never be duplicated at the plate and he's an absolute liability in the field.  Cant have a middle infielder that weak.  

Cespedes - thanks for the memories, what a great run you were on, but I dont resign him.  He disappears to easy and when he's not on, he's an easy out.  He hotdogs in the outfield too and Lagares had a lot of great plate appearances, I'm comfortable with him in CF moving forward.

Ultimately, I blame T0mShane.  Who the **** does that? 

Go Mets! 

So about the Mets; that was rough.  I mean, the fashion in which they blew those games.  It wast just absolutely gut wrenching as fan.  Every time I thought we had them, they had some amazing battle at the plate and hit a clutch 2 strike hit.  It was insane.  Never seen anything like it in the history of the sport.

Hat's off to the Royals.  They are one of the more impressive teams I've ever seen take the plate.  It's almost like they know eventually they're going to get to you and they dont stress at all when, where and how it happens.  And if you give them a damn inch, they'll take it a country mile.

I'm proud of this Mets team and I'm very excited about the future.  This team should be up there in the top favorites to make it back to the Series and should be that way for years to come.  If they can do something, anything, to find some consistent hitting this offseason, the Mets are in really good shape.  That said, they cant let defense take a back seat in search of bats.  With this pitching staff moving forward (crazy to think we get Wheeler back), a strong D is premium.  To many easy plays that compounded in this series.

Murphy - thanks for the memories but I'd look to move on.  That run will never be duplicate at the plate and he's an absolute liability in the field.  Cant a middle infield that weak.

Cespedes - thanks for the memories, what a great run you were on, but I dont resign him.  He disappears to easy and when he's not on, he's an easy out.  He hotdogs in the outfield too and Lagares had a lot of great plate appearances, I'm comfortable with him in CF moving forward.

Go Mets!

When all else fails blame Tom Shane for hopping back as a Mets fan. 

Given how hard you fell for him, could you have imagined that you'd be saying the above as recently as 5-6 weeks ago? 

I just don't know how you can replace a skillset like his.  I do like the idea of an OF of Conforto-Lagares-Granderson, but where is the offense going to come from in the middle of the lineup?  And I've never seen a guy that big who can motor nearly 25 MPH on the basepaths.

Mets and Yankee losses are different.  Yankee fans have been fed well with championships while the Mets have not.  

My brother is a rare Yankee and Met fan and is truly 50/50.  He wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Yankee t-shirt that says American League Champions.  Neither would I, It is WS or bust because we have won many WS.  For the Mets, he must have dropped $200 bucks on National League Championship gear.

Mets fans are more emotional because they crave that WS trophy andhave that same type of Jets DNA of something bad is going to happen.  Yankee fans aren't necessarily cocky but less emotional.  It's more like a disappointment when we don't make it because we almost always expect to get there.   

Given how hard you fell for him, could you have imagined that you'd be saying the above as recently as 5-6 weeks ago? 

I just don't know how you can replace a skillset like his.  I do like the idea of an OF of Conforto-Lagares-Granderson, but where is the offense going to come from in the middle of the lineup?  And I've never seen a guy that big who can motor nearly 25 MPH on the basepaths.

Never.  Not a chance.  But I mean, come'on.  He's a liability.  He doesnt even get productive outs when he's off.  

IDK - I guess I wouldnt cry if they resigned him because I was drooling over him for the last 3 months and you're right about his skill set...but idk man, if he's not mashing, what does he provide?  

My brother is a rare Yankee and Met fan and is truly 50/50.  He wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Yankee t-shirt that says American League Champions.  Neither would I, It is WS or bust because we have won many WS.  For the Mets, he must have dropped $200 bucks on National League Championship gear.

This just makes no sense to me.  For all the grief Mets fans take from Yankee fans every single year, I can't imagine why someone would ever root for both teams. 

Never.  Not a chance.  But I mean, come'on.  He's a liability.  He doesnt even get productive outs when he's off.  

IDK - I guess I wouldnt cry if they resigned him because I was drooling over him for the last 3 months and you're right about his skill set...but idk man, if he's not mashing, what does he provide?  

Legitimacy to the middle of the lineup.  At least a small part of the reason Murphy had such a big postseason was having Cespedes batting behind him in the lineup.  Granted, his final HR of the postseason came with Cespedes hurt but still.  The expectation is he WILL mash most days and that is something that we will miss dearly when it's gone. 

For years we complained about not having guys here who could hit it out while playing in a pitcher's park, and here we had Cespedes making Citi Field look small for 2 glorious months.  Duda isn't striking fear into an opponents' heart anytime soon.  Let Cespedes walk and we'll need to devote significant resources towards finding another power bat or even 2. 

My stance hasn't changed since the start of the postseason:  Bring back Cespedes, let Murphy go to the AL where he belongs.

Legitimacy to the middle of the lineup.  At least a small part of the reason Murphy had such a big postseason was having Cespedes batting behind him in the lineup.  Granted, his final HR of the postseason came with Cespedes hurt but still.  The expectation is he WILL mash most days and that is something that we will miss dearly when it's gone. 

For years we complained about not having guys here who could hit it out while playing in a pitcher's park, and here we had Cespedes making Citi Field look small for 2 glorious months.  Duda isn't striking fear into an opponents' heart anytime soon.  Let Cespedes walk and we'll need to devote significant resources towards finding another power bat or even 2. 

My stance hasn't changed since the start of the postseason:  Bring back Cespedes, let Murphy go to the AL where he belongs.

You're probably right.  I'm just frustrated I guess.  I know what he does for the line up and he's so dreamy when he's on.

You're probably right.  I'm just frustrated I guess.  I know what he does for the line up and he's so dreamy when he's on.

Yep, gotta remember how close we were in all but one of these World Series games, even with Cespedes off his game.  Imagine if he's on?

I don't know if we have the money to keep him, but what I DO know is that if we find it, that means our pitching staff and prospect crop will be relatively intact.  That will likely not be the case if we lose him, then have to go out and trade for someone else.  Why do that to ourselves if it can be avoided?

There wasn't a person out there that wasn't screaming to let Harvey go out there for the 9th.

And it's easy to blame this on an error, but the truth of the matter is that Hosmer made a heads up play because the Royals scouted Duda and knew he wouldn't be able to make that throw. To have the presence of mind in that situation to pull that move deserves a lot of credit.

I don't know if we'll be back here next year. We might take a step back offensively because I don't think we're bringing Ces or Murph back, not just because of them bombing but also because the long term plans look to be Nimmo and Herrera, so it'll take some time to work them in. With Wheeler and Montero back, the pitching will be better, that's for sure. And honestly, the Mets need to spend on a bullpen probably more than they do anything else.

I am bummed and probably will be for a few days. It sucks losing out on finally seeing a championship because we couldn't stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Last week it really looked like karma was on our side, but alas, it was not meant to be. Broken hearted as always, sports are such a mother ****er.

The Royals base running was fabulous, truly a lost art in baseball today. 

I feel for you, I know how I'd feel if the Jets got there and lost a close SB. 

But.....

You're team is young, and talented.  Yes a few people will leave, but that always happens.  No reason with that rotation the Mets shouldn't be contending for the next 4-5 years.

Yep, gotta remember how close we were in all but one of these World Series games, even with Cespedes off his game.  Imagine if he's on?

I don't know if we have the money to keep him, but what I DO know is that if we find it, that means our pitching staff and prospect crop will be relatively intact.  That will likely not be the case if we lose him, then have to go out and trade for someone else.  Why do that to ourselves if it can be avoided?

What I saw from Lagares in the playoffs, I am comfortable with him being our CF. The Mets system has OFers in it.

The Mets also are flush with Middle Infield help, but I would still at least tender Murphy. He gives back up to Wright, if David should need long stretches on DL.

Murphy - thanks for the memories but I'd look to move on.  That run will never be duplicated at the plate and he's an absolute liability in the field.  Cant have a middle infielder that weak.  

Go Mets! 

Yeah, T0m, who the **** does that?

There were crazy stats from this series, like KC only leading 13 innings compared to the Mets leading for 24 innings with 16 innings tied.  The big difference were the bullpens. KC's pen had a 1.90 ERA, 30 K and 4 BB while the Mets had a 4.22 with 13 K and 8 BB. The late game walks killed the Mets.

Couple of things:

1. Cespedes and Murphy shouldn't get huge contracts from us. I appreciate their role in getting us here, but they just aren't going to be worth what we'd have to pay them over the next couple of years. This team needs the offense, but I would hope can find it through better contractual investment. 

2. Three blown leads. Two that went to extra innings. Closing out wins versus this Royals team was nearly impossible. I have a sad.

3. Johnny Gomes is a ******* clown.

4. Thin skin, personality disorders, and message boards don't mix. 

What I saw from Lagares in the playoffs, I am comfortable with him being our CF. The Mets system has OFers in it.

The Mets also are flush with Middle Infield help, but I would still at least tender Murphy. He gives back up to Wright, if David should need long stretches on DL.

If Wright could throw like a normal 3rd baseman, does he hold the runner on 3rd longer? 

This just makes no sense to me.  For all the grief Mets fans take from Yankee fans every single year, I can't imagine why someone would ever root for both teams. 

Yeah, being a "fan" of both is tough, but you can root for both teams under the circumstances.

I've mentioned this before, but my pops is a Mets fan while my Mom (RIP) was a Yankee fan.  Growing up was great as a baseball fan because we went to a ton of games at Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium (this was way before interleague play).  It was only in 2000 when we had to draw battle lines.

But when they're not playing each other we all root for both to win.

No, because his momentum was taking him away from the bag, and there was no one to hold the runner there.

Duda has to make the throw

Oh, no doubt about Duda. Just thinking out loud... I look around the diamond for the Mets and struggle with bringing back the entire infield. 

Oh, no doubt about Duda. Just thinking out loud... I look around the diamond for the Mets and struggle with bringing back the entire infield. 

There is nothing to hold that runner on, because the runner knows that Wright is not going to sacrifice freezing the runner, in exchange for the out. Heads up play on the Royals part, but the play should have been had. Wright's job there is to check and make sure the runner has not taken off on contact (he hadn't), freeze him and make the play.

Agree on bringing the entire IF back equation. I actually like what Murphy brings in terms of contact. I worry about what Wright will be. I would like to add a speed equation to that IF.

Transition him to 1st base is an idea.  Perhaps Duda and Wheeler can be traded for a 3b unless they can sign someone.

That is not a horrible idea. Then, hopefully Smith takes over for Wright in 3-4 years. Murphy could be a Zobrist type (1b back-up, 2b and back-up, 3b back-up, and get a 3b.

But whom? Pay up for Frazer?

Archived