2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

As for Murphy's defense he's not that bad despite the stats. They don't say everything. He can usually make the plays and even good plays. But his lapses are what gives him a rep as a bad fielder. I don't think he is so bad, but probably like Scott says below average when you compare him to other starting second basemen. Imo he is not a liability in the field. He's much better at 2nd than Flores is at SS. 

Murphy is so bad defensively at 2nd, he's like  a -100 in Strat-O-Matic. He belongs in the AL. He's a perfect DH/ platoon infielder. he's a better 3rd baseman which is his natural position. Surprised no one in the AL picked him up. Wish him the best - just not against us. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy is so bad defensively at 2nd, he's like  a -100 in Strat-O-Matic. He belongs in the AL. He's a perfect DH/ platoon infielder. he's a better 3rd baseman which is his natural position. Surprised no one in the AL picked him up. Wish him the best - just not against us. 

All I can say is what I saw on a daily basis. Outside of the occasional brain freeze (which was usually at an important time of the game) he was ok and sometimes made good plays. Overall below average but usually not brutal. But he's with a contender in the NL East now so I can't wish him personal good luck. Since every extra base hit he gets hurts us. They have a good lineup in Wash so I expect offensively for him to do well. Theoretically he should help them a lot. 

All I can say is what I saw on a daily basis. Outside of the occasional brain freeze (which was usually at an important time of the game) he was ok and sometimes made good plays. 

So other than the whole, directly costing us games thing, he was "ok".

Other than all that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

• 2 months later...

Archived