2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NATS lose again.  So in HINDSIGHT.....maybe not so bad a night for Collins to have given Parnell and O'Flarrety another look.

I think it's time to move on from them. Thankfully in the post season, if not sooner, we can move some combo of  Neise, Colon, Matz, Synergaard  to the pen.

I hated Collins bringing Parnell in at 6-4 but maybe at 6 1/2 games up is the point where you take another look to see if there is any hope of him returning to form. As of now he likely doesn't even get put on the post season roster...assuming we make it.

Duda, BEWARE!!

First baseman Dominic Smith of the High-A St. Lucie Mets has been named the Florida State League Player of the Year (Sept. 3).

Smith, 20, is hitting .305 with a .354 OBP and .417 SLG to go along with six home runs, 33 doubles, and 79 RBI in 118 games so far this season for St. Lucie.

Smith is leading the league in doubles and RBI, is fifth in average, third in slugging percentage, and fourth in OPS (.771).

Smith, ranked as the No. 6 Mets prospect by MLB.com and the 99th overall prospect in baseball, was selected 11th overall by the Mets in the 2013 Amateur Draft.

It’s not a huge deal, but I kind of wish Harvey would say something publicly, or at least tell Boras to shut up. Boras is doing his job, and that’s fine, but if Harvey really does want to be like Jeter, you have to play and you have to be vocal. I mean come on, the Mets have a legit shot at a ring this year.

It’s not a huge deal, but I kind of wish Harvey would say something publicly, or at least tell Boras to shut up. Boras is doing his job, and that’s fine, but if Harvey really does want to be like Jeter, you have to play and you have to be vocal. I mean come on, the Mets have a legit shot at a ring this year.

Let him pitch Tuesday and then shut his ass down. If HE decides he wants in on the postseason give him a tune-up spot start beforehand.

Not saying I blame him protecting his career and future income....just odd timing considering he fought to finish games early in the season.

DeGrom, Thor, Matz and Colon will have to suffice... more concerned about the injuries to Murphy, Duda and Cuddyer. All three  are must haves for any post season success IMO.

Let him pitch Tuesday and then shut his ass down. If HE decides he wants in on the postseason give him a tune-up spot start beforehand.

Not saying I blame him protecting his career and future income....just odd timing considering he fought to finish games early in the season.

DeGrom, Thor, Matz and Colon will have to suffice... more concerned about the injuries to Murphy, Duda and Cuddyer. All three  are must haves for any post season success IMO.

I dunno, all of this is still such a fresh philosophy. Nobody knows anything. But Harvey wants to be the face of the franchise, he wants to be a New York figurehead, and that means you have to play. You have to pitch in the playoffs. You just have to. There's no science behind any of this sh*t. It's all recommendations with no basis because there's no history. So just play.

Nothing wrong with protecting your earning potential, absolutely, but if you want to be a figurehead, you have to play in stretches like this.

Finally!

Lucas Duda to begin minor league rehab assignment Saturday

By D.J. ShortSep 5, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Lucas Duda wasn’t able to return from to return from the disabled list when he was first eligible as the Mets originally hoped, but Matt Ehalt of the Bergen Record reports that he’s set to begin a minor league rehab assignment Saturday with Double-A Binghamton.

Duda has been sidelined since August 21 with a thoracic herniation in his back. Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said Friday that it’s unlikely he’ll be ready when the team begins their big showdown against the Nationals on Monday, but he could be activated at some point later on in the series. Michael Cuddyer is also sidelined right now due to wrist tendinitis, so the Mets are relying on Kelly Johnson at first base.

Duda, 29, is batting .247/.346/.472 with 21 home runs and 56 RBI over 113 games this season.

Most important series of the year coming up and the Mets are limping into it because Harvey won't squash this bullsh*t, the bullpen is gutless, and Collins has been managing like he's in a Marx Brothers movie. Backs are up against the wall here, let's see if they can get their act together. 

First, the Mets backs are not up against the wall. It is the Nationals who have the 4 game deficit in the standings.

Explain to me how the team that is 4 games up in the standings has their backs against the wall

You are going all Shane all of a sudden.

Yes yes. We know. Everything Collins does is awesome, his lineups and rotation and decisions always make perfect sense and Eric O'Flagherty is just peaches.

They were up 7 last week, this isn't rocket science.

Archived