2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Collins is clueless. Just saw the postgame where he said it's hard to argue Tejada missed the bag.

Well, Tejada missed the bag by an inch, Utley missed it by MANY inches. In fact, Utley didn't even try for the bag. 

Not to mention he ran off the field which is called running out of the base path ...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collins is clueless. Just saw the postgame where he said it's hard to argue Tejada missed the bag.

Well, Tejada missed the bag by an inch, Utley missed it by MANY inches. In fact, Utley didn't even try for the bag. 

Not to mention he ran off the field which is called running out of the base path ...

And Collins incredibly said the umps 'got it right' - Sorry but I don't get it. What kind of message is that to send to your team and fan base.  He ****ed up the end of the season and cost us home field advantage. He is the worse manger in Mets history.   

Calling it right now, Wilmer Flores will have a historic run this postseason to cap off a mythical year. 

He should have been the starting SS to begin with - Collins is an idiot.  He benches Flores for Tejada and starts bum ass Cudeyer who has been an abomination offensively and defensively all year. Cuduyer nearly singlehandedly cost us Game 1.    

The team was so close to having complete control of the series.  2-1 Lead, one out in the 7th and even in the count to the 8th place hitter. Thor loses him and the madness began.

Figure to see Kershaw in game 4 and Greinke again in game 5 so Mr. Harvey's start Monday is huge. I know the Mets outpitched the two Dodgers Aces but I don't want to pin our hopes on that happening again down 2-1 in the series.

The bridge between the SP and Familia is once again an issue. I didn't understand the pulling of Colon after one batter but maybe Terry is saving him as a game 4 SP if something flares up with Matz.    

I'm not usually this guy, but if Utley plays again this series I want a fastball parked in his earhole. I know beaning a guy that high is against The Unwritten Rules, but you can end a guy's career with a slide like that, so turnabout is fair play, and Utley has made a career out of doing sh*t like this.

I'm not usually this guy, but if Utley plays again this series I want a fastball parked in his earhole. I know beaning a guy that high is against The Unwritten Rules, but you can end a guy's career with a slide like that, so turnabout is fair play, and Utley has made a career out of doing sh*t like this.

nope.  6 inches BEHIND his head.  He backs out and POW.

The team was so close to having complete control of the series.  2-1 Lead, one out in the 7th and even in the count to the 8th place hitter. Thor loses him and the madness began.

Figure to see Kershaw in game 4 and Greinke again in game 5 so Mr. Harvey's start Monday is huge. I know the Mets outpitched the two Dodgers Aces but I don't want to pin our hopes on that happening again down 2-1 in the series.

The bridge between the SP and Familia is once again an issue. I didn't understand the pulling of Colon after one batter but maybe Terry is saving him as a game 4 SP if something flares up with Matz.    

Top of the 7th, when Cespedes grounded out on a 3-2 pitch ankle-high that's when I felt the implosion begin.

Greinke had very few pitches left in the tank, you don't wanna help the pitcher out. That was an easy ball four.

I thought damn here we go ... Mets aren't focused ...

The suspension will stand.  Torre has spoken.

Torre appeared displeased and embarrassed in the post game press conference. While he and Mattingly are close, he deserves credit for standing up for what's right and rightly throwing these imbecile umps under the bus. 

I wonder what the leagues take on that play being botched all around.

If Utley is suspended for an illegal side that would make the play also obstruction on his part which by rule should have been an inning ending DP.

This is going to make them change the rule, require the runner to stay in the baseline and at least touch the bag, or it's a double play. I know all that old guy tradition stuff, but they did it for catchers.

I hope a fan jumps the rail and puts Utley in a headlock and snaps his neck. That way no NYM player gets punished.

No, I don't have tickets for tonight.

If Matt Harvey can't afford to hit Utley in the back once without losing to Brett f*ckin Anderson, then he's no longer our ace.  Just have him do it in the 6th/7th inning if we're that afraid of him getting tossed.

First time should be a warning, no

The suspension will stand.  Torre has spoken.

it's not good that Torre suspended him. He's trying to straddle both sides of the issue, given that he is obviously admitting that the right call was interference but the league has not ackowledged it, nor apologized.  to a cynic like myself looks like an attempt to not admit fault as a league. This neither punishes the guilty nor brings clarity to anyone in the future. If they warn the benches before the game starts, the farce will be complete. 

Archived