2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Not that d'Arnaud is a 10-year vet, but I don't know how comfortable these kids are shaking him off in that spot.  He's got to shoulder some of the blame here.

Oh yeah-agree. I was cringing that at bat hoping Matz and Travis would stick with the heat.

They got too cute after that first sweeping curve earlier in the AB.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the turning point was when Lagares didn't hustle after that blooper imo. Also, now we have to go face Greinke in LA. IF we don't win, not having started DeGrom last night in place of a rookie will go down as one of the all time worst decisions in team history. And yes, Conforto definitely should have started, we needed every bat we had available. This isn't armchair managing this is common sense....with the series on the line start your ace at home, have your best bats in the lineup

You think that if we started DeGrom the Mets wouldn't have struck out 300 times last night?

I agree about the offense, but Matz pitched fine. The problem was Kershaw was excellent, and aside from the shaky last out in the 8th, so was Kenley. Our offense never threatened their pitching last night. It was frustrating as sh*t.

You think that if we started DeGrom the Mets wouldn't have struck out 300 times last night?

I agree about the offense, but Matz pitched fine. The problem was Kershaw was excellent, and aside from the shaky last out in the 8th, so was Kenley. Our offense never threatened their pitching last night. It was frustrating as sh*t.

True we got beat by a CY Young pitcher- now Degrom has to outpitch Greinke- this is how it figured to wind up- but we got shafted in the second game

Cubs are 5 wins away from going to the World Series baby!   Oh if the mets face the Cubs in the NLCS im gonna root soooo hard for the cubs.

So f'n hard

For anybody that doesn't realize that it only takes 4 wins to get to the World Series, I will say go ahead and root for the Cubs. They will deserve you.

Cubs are 5 wins away from going to the World Series baby!   Oh if the mets face the Cubs in the NLCS im gonna root soooo hard for the cubs.

So f'n hard

You'll be ok in a month or two. 

You're displaying common symptoms of fans who have just seen their latest gazillion dollar pay-roll & big dollar SP purchase lose a "play-in" game to a team with one of the lowest payroll's in baseball. 

Relief can be obtained by remembering the days when checkbook baseball actually worked.

So f'n hard

I think you rooting f'n hard for the cubs would be the difference maker and for that I'm very nervous if the Mets win tonight.  Shame we couldnt get you on our side. We need your hard rooting skills. 

So, I'm so excited and nervous and dont know what to do with all these emotions.  

I'm going to my lucky seat at the bar tonight...so that might help.  I dont feel great about the game either.  So we have that going for us too.  

deGrom vs. Grenkie in an elimination game for the NLCS? Who would have guessed this at the beginning of the year?  

Win or lose, we definitely overachieved and it's been a fun year.  The best part is, there is no reason this cant be a regular thing for the Mets in the years to come.  But man, would it be awesome to keep this ride going!!!

So, I'm so excited and nervous and dont know what to do with all these emotions.  

I'm going to my lucky seat at the bar tonight...so that might help.  I dont feel great about the game either.  So we have that going for us too.  

deGrom vs. Grenkie in an elimination game for the NLCS? Who would have guessed this at the beginning of the year?  

Win or lose, we definitely overachieved and it's been a fun year.  The best part is, there is no reason this cant be a regular thing for the Mets in the years to come.  But man, would it be awesome to keep this ride going!!!

this is gravy

Game 5 New York Mets lineup presented by GEICO:

Granderson - RF
Wright - 3B
Murphy - 2B...
Cespedes - CF
Duda - 1B
d'Arnaud - C
Conforto - LF
Wilmer Flores - SS
Jacob deGrom - RHP

Like it but I'd swap Duda and Conforto.  I trust Conforto 1000x more to come up with some big RBI's instead of looking lost at the plate like Duda.

Duda and Wright need to wake the **** up.  They've been awful.  Like embarrassingly awful.

Agreed Duda and Wright need to get going -

I mean, I'm sure facing Kershaw twice and Grenkie in 4 games has something to do with it but come'on!  We need something.  I'll take just a little dribbler infield base hit at this point .  

I mean, I'm sure facing Kershaw twice and Grenkie in 4 games has something to do with it but come'on!  We need something.  I'll take just a little dribbler infield base hit at this point .  

Or just old-fashioned fundamental baserunner manufacturing. Bunt & run between the mound and third without squaring around too early.

This game can go either way: close, ugly, very ugly, fugly.

Mets definitely had their chances though. Would've been easier if:

1. A Met had enough sense to grab the ball and tag out Utley while Tejada was down and LA was studying the replay.

2. Umps had enough sense to see Utley deliberately interfered with the fielder.

3. Lagares didn't snooze on the Gonzalez blooper.

DANIEL MURPHY WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOAH SYNDERGAARD WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get through the 7th one out at a time with any combo of deGrom/Thor and then hand the ball to Familia for two innings. 

Hope Cespedes stranding Murph back in the 1st doesn't come back to haunt us.

I think not cashing in on the 2-out rally that got Grienke the hook would look worse in hindsight... If we can't hang on.

Archived