2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

No structural damage for Mejia. Inflammation. Will need rest and probably a DL stint.

Personally, I am more comfortable with Familia in that spot.

Will be interested to see hat Parnell can add in a month's time.

Thank goodness! 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equally as such, I don't get how the Yankees were so protective of Willy Randolph. He was a shrinking violet as a Met manager.

Backman was a fiery player, he is a protege of Davey Johnson, and has had success at the minor league levels he has coached. I would say that is the fascination.

I think most Yankee fans were protective of Willie because we liked the fact that he was coaching the Mets.  :)

Cuddyer gives you more timely hitting already. The guy is a professional hitter.

What Met actually exceeded abilities last year in the hitting department? No one? 

Don't know where this team will finish, but it should be better than last year by dumb luck alone.

I am a big believer in that, some years you just look back at and think everyone under performed. Line them all up again and the results will be better.

Perfect start to the season. Starting pitching did an unbelievable job. Kept the pitch counts to exactly what they needed to be too.

Also pitching aside d'Arnoud looks eons better as both a catcher and a hitter this year. Man, him being a consistent hitter would be huyooge.

Jenrry Mejia suspended 80 games for steroids. Tested positive for Stanozolol (same thing Ervin Santana got busted for) 

85 consecutive Lupica columns that Jenry Mejia is the most evil man on earth in 3.....2......1....

I am legitimately in love with the tandem of deGromm and Harvey. And that's not a euphemism. I mean it in a totally gay way. Extra homo.

Plus Harvey looking this good gives me hope for him.

In a gay way, or euphemistically?

That was great, especially considering it was Utley. That was a beautiful thing.

It's about time somebody stood up like that, a long coming with Utley too.

Utley caused Mike Pelfry to have a meltdown, and there's no way Wheeler, or even DeGrom would've done that. Maybe Colon.

Cuddyer taking out that SS, in Atlanta[i think] was good too. I hope that rubs off on the whole team.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-15-at-11.02.55-AM.pn

That was great, especially considering it was Utley. That was a beautiful thing.

It's about time somebody stood up like that, a long coming with Utley too.

Utley caused Mike Pelfry to have a meltdown, and there's no way Wheeler, or even DeGrom would've done that. Maybe Colon.

Cuddyer taking out that SS, in Atlanta[i think] was good too. I hope that rubs off on the whole team.

Ditto. I think some of that is Collins. Wright certainly seemed to turn towards that mentality once he started playing under him. Would the Wright of 5 years ago have yelled at Thor during spring training? IMO probably not.

Let the Yanks get the headlines. This is who the Mets should be.

Archived