2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weplb44iosjmvfahnnn3.gif

Colon runs at you and you become a deer in headlights.

Crazy that the franchise record is 11 wins in a row, both in 1969 and 1986.  Now, in 2015. 

Pitching has carried them through this streak.  Will be interesting how they approach trades this summer.  Do they go for it this year for a bat, or hold on to their top prospects?

Crazy that the franchise record is 11 wins in a row, both in 1969 and 1986.  Now, in 2015. 

Pitching has carried them through this streak.  Will be interesting how they approach trades this summer.  Do they go for it this year for a bat, or hold on to their top prospects?

I'm not saying Big Sexy is the best athlete on the planet right now but he is.

It's a more interesting question now than it was during the off-season in that at what position do you chase said bat? 

The corner outfielders should be set for this season at least and I don't think they have any intention of moving away from arguably the best defensive CF in the NL.

That leaves SS and 2B as positions where upgrading offensively would be an option as long as Duda continues to show that he is for real.

Other than Tulowitski at SS is there anyone else at second or short that would be a significant enough offensive upgrade to entice them to deal away highly regarded pitching prospects? 

It's a more interesting question now than it was during the off-season in that at what position do you chase said bat? 

The corner outfielders should be set for this season at least and I don't think they have any intention of moving away from arguably the best defensive CF in the NL.

That leaves SS and 2B as positions where upgrading offensively would be an option as long as Duda continues to show that he is for real.

Other than Tulowitski at SS is there anyone else at second or short that would be a significant enough offensive upgrade to entice them to deal away highly regarded pitching prospects? 

Trade for Cano.  Seattle is off to a bad start and bound to suck.  He wants back in NY/big market.

They have Dilson Herrera coming up, who will replace Murphy at 2nd next year

I'm not saying Big Sexy is the best athlete on the planet right now but he is.

LOL.

Besides the laughs of it, the impressive thing was that he followed fundamental baseball principals to a T.  They always teach to run straight at a baserunner in those situations but you constantly see major leaguers screw it up.  Not Big Sexy.  The Big Fundamentals.

LOL.

Besides the laughs of it, the impressive thing was that he followed fundamental baseball principals to a T. They always teach to run straight at a baserunner in those situations but you constantly see major leaguers screw it up. Not Big Sexy. The Big Fundamentals.

That's what Terry Collins does. He brings fundamentals to fat guys.

I know it's so early but jumping out this far ahead still matters. Last year, 88 wins was enough for the playoffs. We would need to go 75-71 the rest of the way to hit that mark. .500 ball the rest of the way puts us in position.

That's what Terry Collins does. He brings fundamentals to fat guys.

I know it's so early but jumping out this far ahead still matters. Last year, 88 wins was enough for the playoffs. We would need to go 75-71 the rest of the way to hit that mark. .500 ball the rest of the way puts us in position.

The biggest thing is to avoid long losing streaks. With the starting pitching we have it will keep in most of the games

The biggest thing is to avoid long losing streaks. With the starting pitching we have it will keep in most of the games

Figure we'll call up Thor at some point too. And get a lot of the bullpen back. It's stupid that the pitching has held up this well considering all the setbacks. Looks like Alderson wasn't so dumb after all, despite all the bitching.

Figure we'll call up Thor at some point too. And get a lot of the bullpen back. It's stupid that the pitching has held up this well considering all the setbacks. Looks like Alderson wasn't so dumb after all, despite all the bitching.

Early but Noah has not pitched well at Vegas so far. Parnell and Black still awhile off I think

That contract is long term awful.  The last thing the Mets need is to be stuck with that for another 8 years.

That's a Wilpon issue because there's no salary cap.  Cano would help this team for the immediate and near future, so worrying about a contract 8 years down the line in a non-salary cap league doesn't make sense.

That's a Wilpon issue because there's no salary cap. Cano would help this team for the immediate and near future, so worrying about a contract 8 years down the line in a non-salary cap league doesn't make sense.

Eh, they seem pretty high on Herrera. Giving up assets for Cano doesn't really seem like Sandy's style anyways. I think he lost a lot of trade leverage when Wheeler went down also, because for this year there's no longer a surplus.

I'm psyched for this Subway Series!

I don't expect the Mets to sweep, so their winning streak might end this weekend.

I have the Rangers over on MSG, and so will be flipping channels tonite.

Hope I have a similar problem in the Fall, when the Mets are in the post-season and the Jets are on at the same time.

I'm psyched for this Subway Series!

I don't expect the Mets to sweep, so their winning streak might end this weekend.

I have the Rangers over on MSG, and so will be flipping channels tonite.

Hope I have a similar problem in the Fall, when the Mets are in the post-season and the Jets are on at the same time.

Yeah I will be flipping also Rangers and Mets

Islanders force game 7 and Harvey is dominating the Yanks. It's been awhile since I have been a happy N.Y sports fan.

8 innings in the books would love to see a complete game.

Yup, been a pretty darn good Saturday so far.

Islanders force game 7 and Harvey is dominating the Yanks. It's been awhile since I have been a happy N.Y sports fan.

8 innings in the books would love to see a complete game.

Same here. Islander game was intense. Harvey is just great.

Archived