2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colon with RBI double-classic

That his second game winning RBI on the year.  The guy is just so funny to watch at the plate too.  That at bat was so pathetic.  His bunt attempts were laughable and then he knocks a perfectly placed ball that gets by Ichiro.  I was dying laughing.  

Collins going with the 6 man rotation once Gee is back is interesting.  Good way to keep the young guys fresh.

Conforto already up at AA this week. I wonder if they fast tracked him because of Nimmo's injury.

It is where he belonged to start- he was tearing up St Lucie.

yeah as a Mets fan you needed to get a no hitter- Johan was our sacrifice

I thought that's just if they're on the roster for opening day?

I am not expert on the exact rules but there is a time period which you can control the player and not based on opening day roster-

So that was fun while it lasted. It was only a matter of time before the Nats caught up (my World Series pick).

So terrible. I dont even think a Wild Card is achievable with this team's offense.

If the season ended today the mets would have .the 2nd wildcard.

The Mets pitching staff has got to be the baseball equivalent of the Jets defense with Revis back in his prime. Colon shouldn't be losing games because he missed on one pitch in six innings of otherwise scoreless ball. What are we supposed to do? I know we are hurt but we need a bat!

Past the 1/3 point in the season and hanging on to 1st place. If you would have said this would be the case at the beginning of the season, I would have said I'll take it in a heartbeat.

I don't want to scroll back, but I believe I said that they'll hover around .500 until the trading deadline, the Wilpons will do nothing, and the bottom will fall out after that.

I don't want to scroll back, but I believe I said that they'll hover around .500 until the trading deadline, the Wilpons will do nothing, and the bottom will fall out after that.

It was a very deceptive first place. They were riding the coat tails of the April hot streak and then as usual, lack of offense and a couple bloop outings by their studs caught up. They really have no business being over .500, that will soon be gone as well. I don't understand how they think league dominating pitching but no hitting whatsoever is going to succeed. The Mets uncanny ability to draft pitching coupled with their inability to draft talent pretty much anywhere else, is remarkable.

It was a very deceptive first place. They were riding the coat tails of the April hot streak and then as usual, lack of offense and a couple bloop outings by their studs caught up. They really have no business being over .500, that will soon be gone as well. I don't understand how they think league dominating pitching but no hitting whatsoever is going to succeed. The Mets uncanny ability to draft pitching coupled with their inability to draft talent pretty much anywhere else, is remarkable.

If/when, in July, the Wilpons try to sell you on Brandon Nimmo and assorted AA guys riding to the rescue, what they're really telling you is that they're going to hang on to their pitchers until it comes time to pay them, then they're going to deal them for low-A prospects and start the wheel all over again.

If/when, in July, the Wilpons try to sell you on Brandon Nimmo and assorted AA guys riding to the rescue, what they're really telling you is that they're going to hang on to their pitchers until it comes time to pay them, then they're going to deal them for low-A prospects and start the wheel all over again.

Exactly what hitters are out there on the trade market, and at what asking price?

Nimmo is not coming up this year, that won't happen. 

Got to continue to wait on Smith, Conforto to develop. Plug some holes until then.

Exactly what hitters are out there on the trade market, and at what asking price?

Nimmo is not coming up this year, that won't happen.

Got to continue to wait on Smith, Conforto to develop. Plug some holes until then.

Plug some holes until when? 2017? Put Syndegaard on the block and a bunch of players will magically become available.

Nice to see the Mets draft a young outfielder....but it's moves like losing our original first for Cuddyer that make me scratch my head

Yeah I am getting tired of Alderson bringing in these American League guys that are past their prime hitting

Archived