Donkey Kong Suh to the Fish

InstantClassic

You really want to draft a guard with the 6th overall pick? Bold move.

Idzik's first year everyone was clamoring for two guards.  Womack and Cooper I believe.    I am not even sure Cooper is a starter (but if a bust so far, especially for #7 overall) and Womack is a starter but I am not sure if he is wowing the league as the best guard as he was touted to be.    It is a hard positiont to draft high and get "value".  Unless you think Scherff is going to move to tackle eventually.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Cooper drops Scherff will be bpa at 6 he even fills a need.

Scherf isn't even the best tackle on the board, let a lone worthy of the 6th overall pick. Most teams view him as a guard, which considerably lowers his draft value. 

why do u folks keep saying that ? 

Becuase he's best suited to play guard and guards are not worthy of the 6th overall selection. I'm not rehashing this debate all over again, but those are my feelings on it. 

Tannenbaum wreaking havoc on that nice and neat cap situation Miami had!!! Wait a couple years.....

Hickey has control over personnel but, so far you have to like what Tanny has done. Cutting Hartline, Gibson and Finnegan, that cleared up over 10 mill, next he will get rid of Wheeler and Ellerbree and save another 10 mill, just that flotsam pays for Suh. IRELAND  messed that team up bad.  

Idzik's first year everyone was clamoring for two guards. Womack and Cooper I believe. I am not even sure Cooper is a starter (but if a bust so far, especially for #7 overall) and Womack is a starter but I am not sure if he is wowing the league as the best guard as he was touted to be. It is a hard positiont to draft high and get "value". Unless you think Scherff is going to move to tackle eventually.

Scherff is a way better prospect than Womack. Stronger and nastier

Scherf isn't even the best tackle on the board, let a lone worthy of the 6th overall pick. Most teams view him as a guard, which considerably lowers his draft value. 

Becuase he's best suited to play guard and guards are not worthy of the 6th overall selection. I'm not rehashing this debate all over again, but those are my feelings on it. 

According to who on both accounts  ?  This kid played LT at a major College and graded out as the best OT when the games were being played. He was an outstanding run blocker  because of his strength and toughness and was above average in pass protection .  The man who coached him says he's he the best he had. Some talking head who last yr said Teddy Bridgewater was worthy of a 1st round pick because of how he threw a football in shorts says this kid is best suited to play OG and everyone runs off at the mouth with it.  

Idzik's first year everyone was clamoring for two guards.  Womack and Cooper I believe.    I am not even sure Cooper is a starter (but if a bust so far, especially for #7 overall) and Womack is a starter but I am not sure if he is wowing the league as the best guard as he was touted to be.    It is a hard positiont to draft high and get "value".  Unless you think Scherff is going to move to tackle eventually.

I had no interest in Womack and passing  interest in Cooper  late in the 1st round . I want Scherff if Shane Ray is gone.  I may even want Scherff if I think there's a chance I can land Danielle Hunter with our 2nd round pick. Yes, I think Scherff will eventually replace Ferguson as the LT.  On my team with Geno Smith as the QB or any of the scrubs being thrown around on this board, I want a LT who is a supreme Run Blocker and an above Average Pass blocker. That is what Brandon Scherff brings to the table. 

I had no interest in Womack and passing  interest in Cooper  late in the 1st round . I want Scherff if Shane Ray is gone.  I may even want Scherff if I think there's a chance I can land Danielle Hunter with our 2nd round pick. Yes, I think Scherff will eventually replace Ferguson as the LT.  On my team with Geno Smith as the QB or any of the scrubs being thrown around on this board, I want a LT who is a supreme Run Blocker and an above Average Pass blocker. That is what Brandon Scherff brings to the table. 

I like Ray as well, although some reports say that he is a bad fit in 3-4 as OLB.   Then again, people questioned Richardson's fit as a 3-4 DE.

Imagine Ray goes top 5 and Cleveland trades up (for a WR or whatever) and jets get 12 and extra second.    I can see Scherff as the pick at 12 if something like that went down.

Not just him but yeah he certainly makes it that much tougher. They're a solid D without him, now the thought of him and Wake together are scary.

Wake will be 34 years old.   The Phins are going to have to cut multiple players as they were only 9 million under the cap.  They have other key players who played on that already solid DL in Starks and Odrick who will become FA's

The signing is shocking, they will need to dump several key offensive players just to make the Suh signing work.

To me this was about the PR and flash that Suh will bring to the media coverage on the team and not a smart investment, when they have a QB who they need to make a decision on if he's a franchise worthy QB or not...

The 'whoa is me' Jets fan crowd needs to give this one a rest...

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh may have a deal in place with the Miami Dolphins, but nothing can be made official until 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday. At that point, when the new league year and free agency officially begin, Suh can put pen to paper to make things official. Until then, however, any deal in place is based on nothing more than a verbal agreement between Suh's agent and the Dolphins.

With this in mind, it seems that the Detroit Lions haven't completely given up on the possibility that Suh will ultimately re-sign with them. It seems highly unlikely at this point, but Josina Anderson reported this on Sunday afternoon:

A Lions team source to me on Suh: "[The Miami Dolphins & Ndamukong Suh] can't finalize until Tuesday. We will hope he comes to his senses." The source added, "key is playing for coach [Jim] Caldwell and Teryl [Austin]. Plus good players around him. Can't get that there..."

Link

I like Ray as well, although some reports say that he is a bad fit in 3-4 as OLB.   Then again, people questioned Richardson's fit as a 3-4 DE.

Imagine Ray goes top 5 and Cleveland trades up (for a WR or whatever) and jets get 12 and extra second.    I can see Scherff as the pick at 12 if something like that went down.

If the Browns want pick 6, I want 12 and 19 or no deal.  How badly do they want pick 6.  At pick 12, I think we're talking about Lae'l Collins if we're interested in getting an LT who can start at RG for a yr .  I don't think Scherff is going to get pass the Gmen at 9.

Lol! They have needs all over the place and want to sign Suh to a franchise QB level contract. The Dolphins are an embarrassment.

P.S. Mangold had 0 issues against Suh this season.

Tanny will handcuff that team in no time. Owner ROSS needs a GM like Tanny. Someone he can push around.

I hope the Pats and Phags play in week one and Suh steps on Brady's face and accidentally kills him, then goes to prison and never plays another down.

Yes !! Brady will be dead.  This will make up for when Hernandez is found not guilty by a court of law.

Archived