Looking at some season tix

Found a seller offering 9th row field level, jets side on the goal line.  Asking 3K for two and an extra $400 for parking pass.

Worth it?

No that is more than face value.  Take out the preseason games and just buy that section for the other 8 and you can save money.

If he sold the whole season at face, then that is worth it.  I think those seats are $127.50 each.

No that is more than face value.  Take out the preseason games and just buy that section for the other 8 and you can save money.

If he sold the whole season at face, then that is worth it.  I think those seats are $127.50 each.

Really....probably trying to make up on his PSL costs.

the 9th row might be a bit of a challenge as far as seeing over the players on the sideline and the end zone at the opposite end of the field.  Some (like myself) prefer a bit more of an elevated view (mezz not rafters).  Best to see if you find the sections on one of those websites with actual pictures from a section, although there will be no crowd or players on the sideline.   

Found a seller offering 9th row field level, jets side on the goal line. Asking 3K for two and an extra $400 for parking pass.

Worth it?

You would obviously grossly be overpaying for the two preseason games. So you're off to a rough start right there.

Overall you be paying $25 higher per ticket then what he paid. Some games you'll be able to buy tickets in that section much lower. Some games will end up being higher especially if we are making a playoff run.

If you're going to do this why would you buy your own? is it you don't want to pay the PSL?

As soon as it reaches the point where tickets are in demand on the secondary market, that's when the team will increase prices . It's possible that late in the season many of those games will sell above face. If you buy individually you'll be in different rows and seats but you can always find a bargain most likely. I like the idea of sitting in the same seats all the time. I think the decision here is if you value that.

You would obviously grossly be overpaying for the two preseason games. So you're off to a rough start right there.

Overall you be paying $25 higher per ticket then what he paid. Some games you'll be able to buy tickets in that section much lower. Some games will end up being higher especially if we are making a playoff run.

If you're going to do this why would you buy your own? is it you don't want to pay the PSL?

As soon as it reaches the point where tickets are in demand on the secondary market, that's when the team will increase prices . It's possible that late in the season many of those games will sell above face. If you buy individually you'll be in different rows and seats but you can always find a bargain most likely. I like the idea of sitting in the same seats all the time. I think the decision here is if you value that.

Would love to go the PSL route and get some nice seats but not worth it to me since I'll be moving back to England in two years.  Looking at an option like this because with all the additions, they'll likely be far better than last season and even just being in the hunt for a playoff spot will mean dramatic price increases on the secondary market IMO.

Thanks for the feedback though...gonna' keep looking.

Would love to go the PSL route and get some nice seats but not worth it to me since I'll be moving back to England in two years. Looking at an option like this because with all the additions, they'll likely be far better than last season and even just being in the hunt for a playoff spot will mean dramatic price increases on the secondary market IMO.

Thanks for the feedback though...gonna' keep looking.

I agree about the 2ndry market increased prices. Even with the team behind poor the opener, ne and a few others like Pittsburgh or Denver will go above face. Next year the bills game may fetch more also the eagle fans travel well and will overpay. Usually if I sell my seats I can at least break even in a bad year. So if were in the hunt I agree with what you're doing. Good luck!

How hard is it to get season tickets through the Jets, is there a waiting list and if so how many years is it at?

I assume there isn't a waiting list but you never know

No list and they even give you a blanket, some magnetic schedules, a floppy hat like sar 1 sports and a really nice letter from Woody.

I'm guessing you don't want upper level. Why not try Ebay and see if you can find a cheap PSL? Probably the equivalent to what you are overpaying for the seats you mentioned and you'd have playoff rights.

Nah, if he bought those he's only overpaying by 450 per seat. That psl is 4k which is 800 per seat per year. So he'd be behind about 1k, plus he's moving.

I was saying ebay since there are some PSLs on there for only a few hundred a seat.

I overpaid from the team for 2 reasons. Buying a PSL from somebody I don't know when the secondary market makes me nervous. And I would rather finance. So I wasn't even thinking about that option. But you're right I have seen them very cheap.

Thanks for the feedback guys...probably gonna' keep an eye on some sites with people looking to sell season tix for a year or two.  Worst case scenario will be secondary  market and overpay if the Jets turn things around.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I currently have season tickets in the Chase Club and have been unable to sell my PSLs.  The Jets are offering to move me to Section 121 (under the cover - row 41) and the seats are dramatically less expensive ($127.50 / seat instead of $205).  I would also be able to transfer my PSL with no cost to me.  Question, does anybody have seats in Section 121 (or corner endzone in the 100 level) and have tried to sell those seats?  Do you get face value for them?  I live in Virginia and have had season tickets for 15 years and can't make all of the games.  I have sold the club seats and have consistently lost money on those tickets in the resale market.

Archived