You want Revis Back with Jets?

SouthernJet

You want Revis back with Jets?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. You want Revis back with Jets?

• Yes, I could give a rats ass about past
    • No, too much bad blood has flowed under bridge

Absolutely not.

--Too expensive (16-20 mil/year) for his added value and position.

--Too old, CB's don't age well, is already beginning the down-side of his career and skillset.

--Too much headache. Assuredly will hold out again and demand more money, taking FO attention away from building a team and put it instead on Mevis yet again.

--He's a Patriot Super Bowl Winner. **** him.

--Acquisition almost assured Tampering Charge and lost draft picks.

We're better off avoiding this one. Would rather draft a CB than sign Revis.

Absolutely not.

--Too old, CB's don't age well, is already beginning the down-side of his career and skillset.

--Too much headache. Assuredly will hold out again and demand more money, taking FO attention away from building a team and put it instead on Mevis yet again.

I could see NE letting us have him in hopes we get a pick taken away. But I disagree .. Bring him in.

Bring him back. He didn't care about going to NE and getting himself in a better position to win games. Why should we not want a better team to help us win games.

Take the emotions out of it. Take the money out of it.

There are no more big ticket items but Revis and Murray out there. Just do it.

It's very hard for me to answer this, I started to hate revis the year before he left the jets. The contract stuff was constantly heart breaking. Part of me believes that even if we do bring him back he should be forced to wear a patriots uniform while playing for us. As far as I'm concerned he will never be a jet even if he's on the team. I'm not sure how to let it go.

Hey, If Cro, who knows Bowles playbook, also signs, I am excited about how fast early in season Bowles will be able to do more things on D side of ball then he imagined when he took the job.

With Game Manager Fitz at QB (unless Geno surprises evenm the ETs hovering in space also watching NFL Ticket on Sundays I hear), Improved OffLIne, Spiller?, and Amaro, having breakout year (IMHO) since he will be covered by LBs cause Marshall/Decker will draw the CB/Safetys), who the hell knows Bleed Greeners :)

Absolutely not.

I agree with most of this, but why do you say CBs don't age well?  Champ Bailey, Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, Charles Woodson.  Rod Woodson and Ronnie Lott both converted to S, but all those guys made all-pro well after 30.  Revis is a generational talent and I saw no evidence that he was on the down side of his career or skillset.  He is not a good fit for the Jets because they are too many players away, but there are advantages to a plug and play guy that does not require coaching and prepares in a professional manner that you want others to emulate.

Obviously depends on the contract.  Revis has basically been playing on one year contracts and with this being his last big payday I think he would "settle" for 14 mil per depending on the length of the contract.  At 14 per I grab him given our cap situation and pressing need at CB.  It is all about the guaranteed money and the cap number though, so I defer to our GM. 

With the Jets current CB situation they need multiple guys at the position. I could see bringing him back, but preference would be signing multiple solid corners (at least two of Cro, Culliver, Skrine) to shore up the secondary. And a safety.

Who cares about the cap money.  The Jets did not spend last year to spend this year and the cap went up $20MM to boot.  5 year $70MM with $35 guaranteed does it and we would be set at corner for the next 5 years.  The way the TV deals are going and having the Jags move to London only will expand the NFL revenue and three years down the road this deal will be a afterthought.  The NFL is a win now league and it would be nice to get the pieces to get a home playoff game.  Also better to spend on a known player then take a flyer on multiple players.  Add the Johnson, Harvin and Goodson contracts from last year and you have Revis at the same price.

With the Jets current CB situation they need multiple guys at the position. I could see bringing him back, but preference would be signing multiple solid corners (at least two of Cro, Culliver, Skrine) to shore up the secondary. And a safety.

IF, big IF, these CBs you speak of are good to above average I have no beef. Our lack of depth last year was actually embarrassing to me and GreenBeans at times at the Jets Bar (I cant tell u how many times we stared at each other after a play we could have made, and just shook our heads and literally said nothing)

I like Revis and his shutdown ability, but he alone would just mean teams avoid him, and throw all day to some average at best WR who we turn into WR of the Week vs our poor depth at CB behind Revis..

McDougle's health (remember folks, no fandom here, but beat writers indicated hewas well on his way to winning a starting CB job before training camp injury) coyuld make way Mac as GM is looking at FA period. We arent inside Florham (well maybe Phil (Max) is) but for all we know McDougle is looking lights out and has the #1 or #2 (dpeneding on if Revis or Cro signs) job locked up.

Max, any inside scoop on McDougles progress health-wise? I know you've been to Florham a few times, or at least I thought I read u have?

No

He is old and expensive. And there is no guarantee he won't hold out again down the road. Let him be someone else's problem. 

He's 29.  Sign him to a 2-year deal, which is all he'll want anyways.  We need to spend 89 % of our cap over the next 2 years.  Might as well spend a good chunk of it on someone we know is going to be great here in a blitz-happy scheme.

Who cares about the cap money.  The Jets did not spend last year to spend this year and the cap went up $20MM to boot.  5 year $70MM with $35 guaranteed does it and we would be set at corner for the next 5 years.  The way the TV deals are going and having the Jags move to London only will expand the NFL revenue and three years down the road this deal will be a afterthought.  The NFL is a win now league and it would be nice to get the pieces to get a home playoff game.  Also better to spend on a known player then take a flyer on multiple players.  Add the Johnson, Harvin and Goodson contracts from last year and you have Revis at the same price.

What a great way to look at that.

All the flotsam we signed last year equaled one Revis contract.

I think the bottom line is unlike the Patriots- Broncos- Ravens- Steelers- soon to be Colts we don't have a franchise QB to pay.

I'm not even close to giving up on the 2015 season. My god, we have a really good Dline, a decent Oline, Brandon Marshall is WAY BETTER THAN Braylon Edwards. Amaro could really break out next year with teams having to deal with the size of Decker & Marshall.

Kerley will probably be open a lot more too.

If we get Spiller & go spread that's a lot of weapons at every position on offense.

People forget how many teams turn around year to year in the NFL.

With an average secondary we would have had a chance to win 9 games last year! Our secondary was a catastrophe.

I honestly think our coaches were going through the motions.

I can tell you this if the Colts sign Gore & Andre Johnson and we steal Revis & Browner leaves Pats have no freaking chance of a repeat!

Honestly, a no brainer unless the guaranteed money is ridiculous. If the Jets have money to burn and they can get one of the best corners in the game to return to them only spite and foolishness would prevent them from making it happen. Jets fans need to get over their childish comic-book notion of the NFL and NFL players. Field the best gladiators you can get and let us "be entertained."

Absolutely not.  That money can be spent better elsewhere than on a player on the wrong side of 30 who is going to command around or northward of $40 million guaranteed and will then hold out after a year or to for more.  I hope he stays in New England.

Absolutely not.

This - Want no part of this self serving mercenary.

Does getting Revis this year give us a shot at a title?  No.  I would focus on longer term solutions and in a couple years after we build a roster worry about 1 year rentals then.  

Exactly

Besides, that d-bag helped the Pats win a superbowl.  Dead to me.

Absolutely not.  That money can be spent better elsewhere than on a player on the wrong side of 30 who is going to command around or northward of $40 million guaranteed and will then hold out after a year or to for more.  I hope he stays in New England.

The wrong side of 30 is the younger side now?

Yeah Revis sure looked slow last season bc of the acl.

Rod Woodson led the NFL in interceptions at the age of 37 3 years after tearing his ACL.

Nothing to do with speed , its the constant wear and tear on a knee that was injured at an early age.

And Woodson had gaudy Int stats , but in essence was a cherry picker . If he played for the Jets he would have been crucified by our fans.

Nothing to do with speed , its the constant wear and tear on a knee that was injured at an early age.

And Woodson had gaudy Int stats , but in essence was a cherry picker . If he played for the Jets he would have been crucified by our fans.

Only jets fans used to losing and organizational ineptitude can argue against an obvious move.

It's like met fans in 2001 arguing that trading for Mo Vaughn is a better move than giving Arod $250 million.

If Dex McDougle and Phillip Adams excite you God Bless Ya

Archived