Jets, Cromartie still talking despite Revis deal

jetscrazey

Dee Milliner apologists are the new Vernon Gholston apologists.  Bet we even have a few of those still hanging around here.

Oh so because I've said a few words about his rookie year performance, I'm an apologist, or even better, I was a Gholston apologist, or I'm the same, or whatever BS comes to mind?  :rolleyes:

Gholston never showed anything, not ever when he was a Jet.  Milliner showed by the last 6 games of his rookie year, why he was the 9th overall pick.  Last year was unfortunate.  The Jets had to make the moves they made with Revis and Skrine, but that doesn't mean we should throw Milliner and McDougle to the trash heap, nor does it make me an apologist.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except Gholston never progressed, dude was just a bad football player. The second half of Dee's rookie season he posted net positive grades in overall performance, coverage and against the run, which is an upward trend.

+1 Dee also won defensive player of the month for December in his rookie year as well if I remember correctly. Didn't he set a record for most passes deflected in a game, or back to back games, something like that? IDK I could be wrong, I'm going off memory.

If Dee stays healthy (big if, I know) he'll be a very good player. Gholston wasn't good no matter what position he played.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oh so because I've said a few words about his rookie year performance, I'm an apologist, or even better, I was a Gholston apologist, or I'm the same, or whatever BS comes to mind?  :rolleyes:

Gholston never showed anything, not ever when he was a Jet.  Milliner showed by the last 6 games of his rookie year, why he was the 9th overall pick.  Last year was unfortunate.  The Jets had to make the moves they made with Revis and Skrine, but that doesn't mean we should throw Milliner and McDougle to the trash heap, nor does it make me an apologist.

Just ignore those ignorant comments.  Everyone is in such a rush to judgement to deem someone a bust because a players hasn't met their expectations.  Milliners problem has been injuries, not ability.  Was he ever going to be Revis?  Probably not but if he can stay healthy he can still reach his potential and become a solid corner, especially under an Coach like Bowles. 

Archived