How would you feel if we got Bradford?

johnnyjet

If healthy he's better than anything we've had in quite some time. Obviously he's light years better than geno. If we could get him and a bunch ....and I do mean a bunch of draft picks from filthyadelphia I'd take the deal.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we trade out of the #6 spot for Bradford, then I'd have to question Maccagnan's ability as a GM because that would be about the dumbest thing we've done since trading our #1 for Doug Jolley a while back. 

The only way that would work is if Philly gives us a ton of picks along with bradford.  I would want next years first and 2 2nds at least

I think it could work, but philly def needs to overpay the jets in picks. Jets get Bradford and then draft Petty. We go into the year with Bradford, petty and Simms holding the clipboard. Trade geno for a bag of deflated balls. A kicking tee and a hot dog. Boom, contenders.

They'd have to give us a Washington-type deal (multiple #1s) to even consider it.  If Chip Kelly is that desperate for Mariota, then he needs to pay a huge sum to get him, regardless of the fact that he'd only be moving up to #6 in a trade with the Jets rather than up to #2 like Washington did a few years ago.

I think it could work, but philly def needs to overpay the jets in picks. Jets get Bradford and then draft Petty. We go into the year with Bradford, petty and Simms holding the clipboard. Trade geno for a bag of deflated balls. A kicking tee and a hot dog. Boom, contenders.

no freakin way Im giving up the hot dog

I would have rather Foles than Bradford. I would rather Sanchez than Bradford.

I'd take Bradford.  If healthy he's worlds better than Sanchez.  If Sanchez is healthy, he's still Sanchez.

Even without all the injury concerns, I've always thought Bradford was ridiculously overrated. I honestly don't think he's a lock to beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job there.

I don't buy Philly making the move with a trade in mind, though. Foles and his inexpensive contract was a much better chip to play than a broken Bradford and his huge contract. Kelly, for whatever reason, hated Foles and sees Bradford as an upgrade, IMHO. Looks like a dumb move to me. I think he gave up picks to downgrade to an injury prone, overpriced, overrated QB.

IF Bradford were to stay healthy he's better than Foles and pretty much all the potential veteran QB's out there not named Drew Brees.  Before he went down in '13....and again in '14.....the Rams had surrounded him with some decent pieces following the RG3 trade and he had 14 TD's/4 INT's. 

But that's an enormous IF.  Like asking Andrew Bogut to stay healthy.  Hence why they made the deal when they did.

Career below 60% completion. 79.3 QBR compared to 74.1 for Sanchez. Better? Yes. Worlds? No.

Some weak numbers early on in his career but appeared to turn the corner when he was last healthy.  14 TD's to 4 INT's completing just over 60% when injured...I maintain "worlds"  : o )

I don't buy Philly making the move with a trade in mind, though. Foles and his inexpensive contract was a much better chip to play than a broken Bradford and his huge contract. Kelly, for whatever reason, hated Foles and sees Bradford as an upgrade, IMHO. Looks like a dumb move to me. I think he gave up picks to downgrade to an injury prone, overpriced, overrated QB.

The move was definitely a head-scratcher.  You would think the reason Kelly didn't like Foles was due to the fact that he's a statue back there.  Bradford is way worse in that respect.  They'll need to roll him out there in a Rascal Scooter this preseason just to make sure he gets to Week 1.

The move was definitely a head-scratcher.  You would think the reason Kelly didn't like Foles was due to the fact that he's a statue back there.  Bradford is way worse in that respect.  They'll need to roll him out there in a Rascal Scooter this preseason just to make sure he gets to Week 1.

Does Insurance cover the rascal scooter ?

Even without all the injury concerns, I've always thought Bradford was ridiculously overrated. I honestly don't think he's a lock to beat out Mark Sanchez for the starting job there.

I'm not a big Bradford fan either. I would have taken Foles though. But I don't think Kelly made that move to trade Bradford anyway. Hes going to compete with Sanchez it appears.

Wow. I'd rather Bradford over Foles nevermind Sanchez, if both were healthy. I admit Bradford's health/injury prone would make me nervous though.

It has more to do with health than anything. Also, when healthy, he hasn't been that good and he's had decent options there, but not great.

Anyone that questions Bradfords ability as a QB is an idiot. Before he got hurt last year, he had 14 TDs & 4 INTs. Even though the injuries concern you, he has also played 2 full seasons. I think you put him on this team with weapons he's never had before - Decker & Marshall. A solid OL(which he never had in St. Louis) and I think this team has a very good shot at competing. 

Anyone that questions Bradfords ability as a QB is an idiot. Before he got hurt last year, he had 14 TDs & 4 INTs. Even though the injuries concern you, he has also played 2 full seasons. I think you put him on this team with weapons he's never had before - Decker & Marshall. A solid OL(which he never had in St. Louis) and I think this team has a very good shot at competing. 

It's a moot point.  I'm sure there's players out there who would be great if they could just stay healthy.  But if they can't you cannot take the chance and pay them starter money.  Bringing in Bradford, and failing to draft a QB in the early rounds, is akin to naming Geno our midseason starter.

I'm thinking it's gonna happen. Just a hunch. And it will work. This guy they call Chip Kelly is nuts and he is going all in on Marcus. Write it down.

Ironically, Eagles #1 next year may be very valuable when Kelly gets done with whatever it is that he' s doing.

It's a moot point.  I'm sure there's players out there who would be great if they could just stay healthy.  But if they can't you cannot take the chance and pay them starter money.  Bringing in Bradford, and failing to draft a QB in the early rounds, is akin to naming Geno our midseason starter.

It's not, because he has also shown the ability to stay healthy. He's played 2 full seasons behind an O-Line that was pretty bad 3/4 seasons & without any weapons. I think we get him here, with a strong RB, 2 good receivers, kerley and an emerging receiving TE in Amaro in a spread offense that lets him make quick passes you are minimizing any risks that are out there. 

I know people want Foles, but I don't understand on how you can rip on Bradford for his injuries but not have the same questions about Foles? 

Archived