How would you feel if we got Bradford?

johnnyjet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not, because he has also shown the ability to stay healthy. He's played 2 full seasons behind an O-Line that was pretty bad 3/4 seasons & without any weapons. I think we get him here, with a strong RB, 2 good receivers, kerley and an emerging receiving TE in Amaro in a spread offense that lets him make quick passes you are minimizing any risks that are out there. 

I know people want Foles, but I don't understand on how you can rip on Bradford for his injuries but not have the same questions about Foles? 

He hasn't played since October 2013 and missed 6 games in 2011.  No he hasn't.  Let him prove he can stay healthy with someone else.  His upside isn't high enough to take the chance.  Just because we don't like our current QB situation doesn't mean we should impatiently sacrifice draft picks and cap space for a guy like him.  Shoot higher.

Geno is his own worst enemy. He has no football sense and holds on to the football way too long.

I think you guys are being way too kind to our line last year. They got better towards the end of the season but I watch every game twice (yes I'm a masochist) but there were MANY times where if Geno didn't move around as well as he does he's sacked in 2 seconds.

Those escapes in no way are happening with Bradford the statue back there.

You don't get better in this league watching entire seasons from the sideline & usually players that have a propensity to get injured do just that, see Milliner & McDougle.

Everyones lauding Kellys BOLD moves, let's see how it all plays out. No McCoy, no Jackson, no Maclin, no Herriman, no defense, Lordy if he pulls this off he is one crazy smart MOFO!

If all we did was swap picks with the Eagles, plus getting Bradford I'd be fine with it. Part of me feels like this is the Eagles plan A, trade Bradford to the Jets and their 1st for the Jets #6 if Marriota is there. If Marriota is not there they will simply stick with Bradford as their plan B. 

I think you guys are being way too kind to our line last year. They got better towards the end of the season but I watch every game twice (yes I'm a masochist) but there were MANY times where if Geno didn't move around as well as he does he's sacked in 2 seconds.

Those escapes in no way are happening with Bradford the statue back there.

You don't get better in this league watching entire seasons from the sideline & usually players that have a propensity to get injured do just that, see Milliner & McDougle.

Everyones lauding Kellys BOLD moves, let's see how it all plays out. No McCoy, no Jackson, no Maclin, no Herriman, no defense, Lordy if he pulls this off he is one crazy smart MOFO!

There was a stat floating around that Geno Smith had more time in the pocket before he was sacked than any other QB. I really wish people would stop making excuses for his terrible play and decision making. The offensive line was fine last season.

fair points, but 27 isn't old for a QB.

Too old to still call him young and promising.  We know what he is.....and what he isn't......by now.  The Rams just told us all we need to know about him by unloading the guy they once hung their hats on as a franchise.

This is the blurb I was talking about from Cimini earlier....

When the Jets' new regime started tossing around quarterback names in January, two names that came up were Sam Bradford and Ryan Fitzpatrick, both under contract with the St. Louis Rams and Houston Texans, respectively. Bradford apparently is staying put, but Fitzpatrick could shake free when the music stops in Houston. The Texans have re-signed Ryan Mallett, and they also could be landing Brian Hoyer, who also is drawing significant interest from the Jets. If Hoyer signs in Houston, as expected, it likely will result in the release of Fitzpatrick. Frankly, I think the Jets would be better off losing Hoyer to the Texans. Fitzpatrick is no savior, but he's better than Hoyer.

There was a stat floating around that Geno Smith had more time in the pocket before he was sacked than any other QB. I really wish people would stop making excuses for his terrible play and decision making. The offensive line was fine last season.

Smith sucked, but that stat isn't necessarily indicative of anything. Went over this when that was brought up.

The plays where he took a sack (made worse by Smith running backwards) or where pressure came instantly and caused him to fumble, take a bad sack, throw a pick, miss a wide open receiver, whatever...those plays don't get the benefit of adding time to them because a different play against a different opponent afforded him 3x the time he needed.

A RB who has 1 big gain and 10 one-yard gains may technically average 5 ypc for the day but his average gain was closer to 1 or 2 than 5.

There are a lot of plays where Smith had a LOT of time. Doesn't mean he had an "average" of good time to throw on plays where he messed up the worst.

He sucked anyway (or anyway he sucked on average lol), but that time in the pocket stat isn't a reason he has no excuses for making mistakes under pressure. Not unless one can list his time in the pocket specifically on those bad plays and say he still had average or better time throw. I saw a game or two and know that isn't the case. Terrible pocket presence anyway, but a LOT of bad plays came when his OL turnstile'd it right away.

If all we did was swap picks with the Eagles, plus getting Bradford I'd be fine with it. Part of me feels like this is the Eagles plan A, trade Bradford to the Jets and their 1st for the Jets #6 if Marriota is there. If Marriota is not there they will simply stick with Bradford as their plan B.

Makes zero sense. Foles and his rookie contract was a much better trade option than Bradford and his $13M salary this year. Plus, the Eagles traded picks -including next year's second rounder- for Bradford. No way they make this move with the intention to turn around and move him. If the Jets wanted Bradford, they could've been involved in trade talks with the Rams who have a much better draft pick to deal than Philly. It's not happening.

We aren't trading for Bradford. C'mon.

Unless one considers oneself a genius and QB guru and is impossibly egotistical in this belief, no one trades for a QB who flip flops from bad to meh, can't stay on the field in either case, and has a $13M salary. No, that player you release outright if/after he refuses a big pay cut (put back in in the form of incentives he won't hit); you don't trade for him. Unless you can find someone else to take your problem off your hands, like the Rams did.

If we do pick him up, he has to be a throw in that has no value just to take him off the Eagles' hands. But he can't be a substitute for the value of a usable draft pick. Not with that contract. Even if he looks great all summer long and wins the job hands down, as likely as not we still have no QB because he's going to get hurt.

The team realized this with our corners, and we did have two before this FA period, so presumably they would see the flaw in betting the team on Bradford as well. Different position, but same logic.

He's not there yet, he hasn't really been giving a opportunity because of the injuries.

The only difference between the 2 of them is Carr is now 35 and Bradford is 27.  So you're right there, but their career trajectories are the same.  The "not given a chance" deal will be the excuse that follows him everywhere.  I'd prefer it not to come here.

Weird bc that's how I feel with Geno as the starter right now. They've managed to put together a pretty good team on paper already, minus the QB.

Agreed, but Bradford sure isn't the answer. The guy cant stay on the field, so Geno would still get to play.

If healthy he's better than anything we've had in quite some time. Obviously he's light years better than geno. If we could get him and a bunch ....and I do mean a bunch of draft picks from filthyadelphia I'd take the deal.

filthadelphia would have been catchier.

Bradford CAN NOT STAY HEALTHY. EVER SINCE THE FIRST DAY HE HELD A FOOTBALL IN HIS HAND. And his contract is absurd.

So no one wants him. Not even you.

dont you remember last year with Michael Vick what that did? Stop holding on to these fantasies like Chicago Bulls fans that this is the year he will be healthy. Anyone and everyone who wants Bradford deserves what they get with him which is him going on IR in week 3. Dude is coming of an ACL injury and will be a mess. He should be more like Locker who recognizes that he is a magnet and hung it up. If we got Bradford is will be another check mark on the list of stupid Jets moves. go ahead prove me wrong.

Too old to still call him young and promising.  We know what he is.....and what he isn't......by now.  The Rams just told us all we need to know about him by unloading the guy they once hung their hats on as a franchise.

The Rams got Foles, a 4th this year and a 2nd next for Bradford....who was gonna take up a LOT of cap space.  They may have unloaded him, but it wasn't a fire sale.

What's kinda funny is that the year Bradford came out of OU, I was doing some regional Anesthesia training at the Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze FL and they were showing us around the place.  Dr. Andrews also has a prominent sports training facility on the grounds, and it was pre-combine period.  Many of the draft hopefuls were there, and Bradford was coming off a shoulder issue I believe.

Anyway, I'm taking the elevator down to the surgery center where I was working and who turns out to get in the elevator with me?  Bradford and his pre-draft mentor/advisor/protege, Charlie Casserly.

Now all this, many years later....lol.

What I remember on seeing Bradford is that he was a pretty slender build with 'chicken legs'...sure he's bulked up over the years, but...he ain't got muscular legs, he looks like he could get hurt out there.

Just an observation.

Archived