If It's the Eagles #1 and Eagles #2 and Mark Sanchez for The Sixth Pick, Do You Do It?

SAR I

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why it's so obvious that Chip Kelly is creating a draft day trade package for a willing team that includes a seasoned quarterback.

SAR I

There's nothing obvious about acquiring players available to anyone for the purpose of trading either or both them a month later.

What's far more likely is Kelly realizes he's not getting Mariota; it's too high to climb in the draft. He doesn't want Foles. He'd rather have Bradford's potential over that of Foles, but understandably doesn't trust Bradford to last the season. So he re-signed buttfumble and it's also why buttfumble's contract was orchestrated that way (huge raise if he's starts). Sanchez knew Kelly's plan the day he re-signed with the Eagles. He wasn't starting for anyone out of the gate, but with Bradford's history he knew he'd have a good chance of another chance starting after the starter gets injured.

The Foles/Bradford trade "idea" didn't just spring up and get worked out in the last 24 hours. Kelly wanted to make sure he had his contingency plan after Bradford is on IR again (Sanchez) locked up first. 

That is clearly the most likely scenario. 

I  believe that the Philly trade was made to use Bradford as a pawn to move up get Mariotta (no surprise) and the resigning of Sanchez was ease Mariott's  transition if necessary. Whether Bradford is used to trade with the Jets or another team is still up in the air. Bradford may not be perfect but is certainly an upgrade over anything on out roster and if we were to complete a trade with Philly and pick up Bradford, their No. 1 plus other considerations (their No. 1 plus plus)I say go for it

So we shouldn't take the superior quarterback because he made some Jets fans ashamed 3 years ago?

The team is different, there's barely a coach or player still on the roster from back then.  He's better than Geno and he's an obedient backup when asked whose had some success in New York.  I'd see no reason to pass on a lucrative draft day trade that includes Sanchez in the bundle.

SAR I

Fitzpatrick is significantly better than both and would be cheaper. I'd take something else the Eagles may be able to offer if they're so desperate.

Sanchez being absolutely despised (not necessarily as a person, but as a player) by the majority of the Jets fans is absolutely a problem. He looked refreshed somewhat last season. A new team was good for him, it was a poisonous atmosphere around him in NY.

Again I like Mark and think he is better than Geno but nothing about what you're suggesting makes any sense whatsoever. Give it up, he's done here.

Dude - please stop trolling.

If I were trolling I'd tell you.  If given a choice of Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, or Smith, I'd take Sanchez.

Doesn't matter now.  We've decided to have the worst QB tandem in the NFL and likely won't draft one either so it's all moot until next year's draft.

SAR I

If I were trolling I'd tell you.  If given a choice of Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, or Smith, I'd take Sanchez.

Doesn't matter now.  We've decided to have the worst QB tandem in the NFL and likely won't draft one either so it's all moot until next year's draft.

SAR I

He's not coming back and you know it...again stop being the attention whore.

Let's buy-in for the moment that the Eagles got Bradford and signed Sanchez so they have the ability to package an experienced QB on draft day for Mariotta.

If the draft pick compensation is higher for a deal with Sanchez than it is for Bradford, do you take the Sanchez deal?

SAR I

I wouldn't take Sanchez with first and second round picks if we're giving back nothing of value, let alone 6.

I live in philly area.. basically they are really high on bradford, kelly thinks his sports science stuff (lol nerd) can make chronically injured players more durable, and there is no other deal coming.

Sam is their guy, Consuela on the pine... Sanchez will start more games because Bradford is the white Chad Pennington

What?!?

I live in philly area.. basically they are really high on bradford, kelly thinks his sports science stuff (lol nerd) can make chronically injured players more durable, and there is no other deal coming.

Sam is their guy, Consuela on the pine... Sanchez will start more games because Bradford is the white Chad Pennington

Very good.

SAR I

Let's buy-in for the moment that the Eagles got Bradford and signed Sanchez so they have the ability to package an experienced QB on draft day for Mariotta.

If the draft pick compensation is higher for a deal with Sanchez than it is for Bradford, do you take the Sanchez deal?

SAR I

nope.  way too much baggage between Sanchez and NY.

We'd have 3 backup caliber QBs on our roster: Sanchez, Geno and Fitzpatrick.  Just shoot me.  Either we draft Mariotta or another prospect.. but we already have our placeholder in Fitzpatrick.  No need for another one.   Especially one that has been subject to brutal ridicule here in NY.  Deservingly.

nope.  way too much baggage between Sanchez and NY.

We'd have 3 backup caliber QBs on our roster: Sanchez, Geno and Fitzpatrick.  Just shoot me.  Either we draft Mariotta or another prospect.. but we already have our placeholder in Fitzpatrick.  No need for another one.   Especially one that has been subject to brutal ridicule here in NY.  Deservingly.

Agreed except for the "deservingly" comment.  I started this thread before the Fitz signing, it's a moot point now.

SAR I

SAR I

So you're saying we give up a top 10 pick for Sanchez TWICE in our franchise history??? I understand we are swapping 1st rounders as well, but that's what th headline would be on every paper in NY.

It's also absurd for the Eagles as well.

SAR I

Uh, nope. Been there, seen that.

Today, just as in 2006, the Jets are still searching for their franchise quarterback.  We need to keep drafting the best quarterback available until we get lucky and find him.

Back then, with Vince Young off the board, Matt Leinart was the highest rated quarterback.  If he turned into a great player you wouldn't be here congratulating me, so don't sit here berating me.  I don't watch college football, never saw him play a down.  We need to keep drafting quarterbacks.  Nothing else matters.

SAR I

busting balls is not berating Sar1 lighten up Francis

SAR I

Lock. Dump. Ban. Rape. 

I don't know, but right now I'd trade Fitzpatrick and Smith straight-up for a bag of pucks.

SAR I

Parcells said today he thinks Geno will perform a lot better during his upcoming third year.

Had no support the first two.

Fitzpatrick is capable, will show some leadership and won't miss a meeting on the west coast.

I still think we need to get it done to get Mariota and roll the dice with him and hopefully get lucky.

Our luck we won't get him and he'll turn out to be another Dan Marino.

I would take Sanchez back.  He did ride the running game and D to 2 AFC Championship games.  Also just to have 2 cracks at a potential franchise QB next year in round 1,  I would do The Eagles first this year and 1st next year  + Sanchez for our first this year  and our 4th next year..  You can also package both 1's to move up and nab Cook or Hackenberg next year.  Mariotta is intriguing though from an athletic perspective.   If they feel highly on Marcus and he is there @ 6 take a swing and grab him.

I always felt Mark got a raw deal when Tanny shipped out all his weapons.

I would take Sanchez back.  He did ride the running game and D to 2 AFC Championship games.  Also just to have 2 cracks at a potential franchise QB next year in round 1,  I would do The Eagles first this year and 1st next year  + Sanchez for our first this year  and our 4th next year..  You can also package both 1's to move up and nab Cook or Hackenberg next year.  Mariotta is intriguing though from an athletic perspective.   If they feel highly on Marcus and he is there @ 6 take a swing and grab him.

I always felt Mark got a raw deal when Tanny shipped out all his weapons.

It boggles the mind that any Jets fan would ever even consider Sanchez playing quarterback for this team again let alone that he's the one who got a sh*t deal last time. I was wrong. You people don't deserve this team. You deserve even worse.

With the off season moves that we have made, I think we should use that pick on Mariotta if he is available.  We need a QB that can move the ball downfield and stop settling for a 3rd and 4th best QB. He may not be the best we have to draft top level QBs until we hit. We now have a pretty damn good O-Line and 2 top tier receivers we need someone with a big arm and that can be a threat.  If not, teams are going to continue to put 8 in the box and dare Geno to beat us which won't happen.

Archived