Can we stop the "Patriot Way" nonsense?

Jetsfanri

Reading all of the Revis post mortems from Boston, the kool aid everyone drinks is the same...in BB we trust, no one player is bigger than the team, etc.

The bottom line is Brady was a fluke 6th round lottery home run, he alone keeps them in the hunt. When they win after he retires I will tolerate the "Patriot Way" nonsense. Until then, please stop with how different they are.

Nope. This is the man that made Belechick ESPN.com -

E-ticket: Who is this guy?

sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

PHOENIX -- You don't notice Ernie Adams at first, but he's always there in his own peculiar way. Walking the halls in the Patriots' complex, lost in his own ...

Reading all of the Revis post mortems from Boston, the kool aid everyone drinks is the same...in BB we trust, no one player is bigger than the team, etc.

The bottom line is Brady was a fluke 6th round lottery home run, he alone keeps them in the hunt. When they win after he retires I will tolerate the "Patriot Way" nonsense. Until then, please stop with how different they are.

I'm also so sick of this oh he's a headcase, what better place for a troubled guy than the Patriots. ESPN and their analysts love talking about how the Patriots are some sort of reform school. Last I checked one of those troubled guys is fighting a murder charger and shot another guy in the face at a night club.

Heard a story about Belichick the season bledsoe got hurt, before he got hurt. He was saying to an opposing coach that he just put his house of the market because he thought he was going to get fired at the end of the season. Then Bledsoe got hurt, Brady comes in and we all know the rest."Get Lucky" "The Patriot Way".

Cheatriots Way maybe. Not the Patriots way. Trolls.

The Patriot Way is media created. I seriously have no idea what it is.

Son, we live in a world that has balls, and those balls have to be deflated by men. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg?You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at football games, you want me on that ball, you need me on that ball. We use words like spygate, and deflategate. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent deflating footballs. You use them as a punchline. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football, and deflate it. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Patriot way is as follows:

Fluke off a hof qb with a late round pick.

Have a good coach.

Bend the rules to the point of cheating.

Win super bowls but not as many as you should because you didn't 'go for it' as often as you should have.

Have a few bizarre plays go your way to start off your great run.  aka the tuck.

The Patriot Way is media created. I seriously have no idea what it is.

Exactly.  This is not something that BB says like "play like a jet" or something.  The only prevalent manta has been "do your job" You never hear anybody in the organization say the patriot way.

I completely agree. load of crap. The "patriot way" would have them as yearly cellar dwellers if not for a lucky as hell draft pick in Tom Brady.

Pats* fans have been saying the jets were "bidding against themselves" for Revis. Sounds like spin to make them feel better about losing on of the best CB in the game.

There is some truth to that.

Do you honestly think the Patriots were in the neighborhood of 39 guranteed in the first three years with 33 in the first two?  No way.

The Jets' went all out an deserve credit for the move.  They are better then Patriots are worse.

What is the Patriot way? So far as I can tell, the only components seem to be denial, an air pump, and a fanbase that thinks reading Wikipedia is scientific research.

To be fair, we have jets fans here who think breaking down game tape means watching highlight videos on YouTube.

The "Patriot Way" refers to their systematic way of bending and outright breaking of rules to gain a competitive advantage. It includes many things like recording your opponents signals in violation of league rules (with team personnel told not to wear anything witha Patriots logo and given media passes instead of team passes), using unauthorized radio frequencies that aren't monitored by the NFL, falsifying your injury reports, bugging the opposing team's locker rooms, playing with underinflated footballs, having organized practices outside the CBA, etc.

Pats* fans have been saying the jets were "bidding against themselves" for Revis. Sounds like spin to make them feel better about losing on of the best CB in the game.

We were. The day McCourty signed that $47 million deal with the pays there was no way they were also paying for Revis too.

Not saying it was a bad move. It was still the right move we had to rebuild the secondary.

There is some truth to that.

Do you honestly think the Patriots were in the neighborhood of 39 guranteed in the first three years with 33 in the first two? No way.

The Jets' went all out an deserve credit for the move. They are better then Patriots are worse.

We knew Monday the pats weren't picking up the option, and weren't going to pay him.

Archived