Road trip to Dallas for Jets game 2015

Planning a trip for me and my two teenager sons to see the Jets vs Cowboys this year. Has anyone been to the new AT&T stadium..any info would help on tickets..airfare..hotel etc. Also does anyone on hear plan on going to the game.

once the schedule is announced we are going to figure out which away games we are going to and doing the tailgatejoe tailgate party. I am feeling pretty bullish on the team right now so hopefully we can get in a few away games this year. I am really looking to do one of the 2 Texas games, Buffalo, and London.

• 1 month later...

Planning a trip for me and my two teenager sons to see the Jets vs Cowboys this year. Has anyone been to the new AT&T stadium..any info would help on tickets..airfare..hotel etc. Also does anyone on hear plan on going to the game.

I live about 30 minutes from AT&T, I'll be at the game

For me, best tickets are upper deck, between the 40s.  You can look down, and see everything that's happening, and then look straight ahead at the world's largest HD TV to see any replays you may have missed.  Also, depending on when the game is in the season, AT&T is right next to 6 Flags and The Ballpark at Arlington, so you may be able to go to 6 Flags for the day before.

Cowboy fans are fine, they'll talk a little smack, but that's it.  I have never had any problems with any of the fans out here, I'm sure in a stadium of 90,000, there are a couple a jerks, but by in large, the fans are fun.

In my dream world we would play in Dallas and Houston back to back weeks and I'd spend 10 days touring the state of Texas.  I doubt it happens but I will pick one of those two Texas games to attend.

I have family in Houston, and as long as the schedule works for me (not a mid week game) I'm going to the Houston game as well.

• 3 months later...

once the schedule is announced we are going to figure out which away games we are going to and doing the tailgatejoe tailgate party. I am feeling pretty bullish on the team right now so hopefully we can get in a few away games this year. I am really looking to do one of the 2 Texas games, Buffalo, and London.

So which away games are you doing tailgate this year?

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked my trip to Dallas. I am really looking forward to this one. Went to KC last year, and that was awesome. 

Would love to see if there is some sort of tailgate being thrown so I can get the true Dallas BBQ experience in the parking lots. 

Haven't bought the tickets yet, but will do that soon enough. Also, have not booked a hotel. My group and I are looking into that. 

I know the Mavericks are home Friday night, I might check that out for a bit. 

I just booked my trip to Dallas. I am really looking forward to this one. Went to KC last year, and that was awesome. 

Would love to see if there is some sort of tailgate being thrown so I can get the true Dallas BBQ experience in the parking lots. 

Haven't bought the tickets yet, but will do that soon enough. Also, have not booked a hotel. My group and I are looking into that. 

I know the Mavericks are home Friday night, I might check that out for a bit. 

I am seriously considering taking this road trip.

Same here. But I will wait a while and see if Jets are doing well. Don't want to watch a meaningless game since this trip will cost a lot of money.

That is actually where I am at. will probably decide in October if this one is definite.

I live in Staten Island so I am near a few airports. I booked a non stop flight out of philly, which is about 75 minutes from my house. My return flight is to Newark. Round trip only 333. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Booked on Southwest. Hope this helps anyone considering the trip. 

I live in Staten Island so I am near a few airports. I booked a non stop flight out of philly, which is about 75 minutes from my house. My return flight is to Newark. Round trip only 333. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Booked on Southwest. Hope this helps anyone considering the trip. 

I saw similar prices as well. We are thinking of flying out Friday, flying home Sunday. Watching the game on Saturday night. Let's go Jets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just partnered with Ticketmaster. I am thinking of making this trip, going to decide really soon.

Here is our ticket link for the Jets \ Cowboys game for anyone interested.

Thanks Phil.  Is there any kind of deal built in here?  I haven't scoured the ticket selection yet, but the stubhub prices from where I'm looking to sit have been a little out of range over the past 1-2 months.

Thanks Phil.  Is there any kind of deal built in here?  I haven't scoured the ticket selection yet, but the stubhub prices from where I'm looking to sit have been a little out of range over the past 1-2 months.

I don't know of any deals. But it is cool when Jets fans sit by each other. It is definitely expensive but prices seem to be coming down a bit lately.

True.  where are you thinking of sitting? (price/section wise)

I hate the upper deck. But I hate paying a ton for seats lol.  Was just looking at the 300 level, row 5 for $175 each.  I think I need to read more about the stadium.

I hate the upper deck. But I hate paying a ton for seats lol.  Was just looking at the 300 level, row 5 for $175 each.  I think I need to read more about the stadium.

I got spoiled at the Final Four a year ago sitting lower center.  But, I do think the upstairs at this place look like they are in outer space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FYI, I live out here, and I am going.  I've been to games in Jerry World before.

Upper deck between the 40's is actually pretty good.  You can see the whole field for the play, and you look straight ahead for a replay on the world's biggest HDTV.

As for weather, it might be 40, it might be 80.  It might do both the same day, it's Texas.

FYI, I live out here, and I am going.  I've been to games in Jerry World before.

Upper deck between the 40's is actually pretty good.  You can see the whole field for the play, and you look straight ahead for a replay on the world's biggest HDTV.

As for weather, it might be 40, it might be 80.  It might do both the same day, it's Texas.

As far as upper deck seats go these are some of the best thanks to the giant screen. I have seats near the 50 in the upper deck.

That is absolutely true of the weather here. Anybody coming in for the game should be prepared to dress in either direction.

Archived