***Jets sign Cromartie***

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis, Cro, Skrine, Milliner, McDougal and a couple of those kids that looked good in flashes last year. Wow. I'm wondering now if we can trade a couple of depth corners for 3rd day picks for Mac to play with on draft day.

Seriously though, when a guy with Milliner's skillset is your 4th best corner on paper, that's a good place to be. Hopefully he rehabs and can be eased in and plays some meaningful football for us, as is the case for McDougal.

and Buster relegated to Nickel tells you how stacked we are

holy shi* 4 years?  That is more term and more money than I thought.  If he is healthy he still has game imo but he needs to stay healthy.

My guess is its front-loaded in the first 2 years like Revis's deal so we're not completely tied to the two of them beyond 2016.  No more big signings are coming, it's all bargain guys from here on out I would think.

holy shi* 4 years?  That is more term and more money than I thought.  If he is healthy he still has game imo but he needs to stay healthy.

I'd be surprised if anything was guaranteed beyond 1-2 years.  Gives the Jets an either/or option between Cro and Milliner.

OK now lets trade down in the draft with either Cleveland or New Orleans.  We can give up our #6 pick and very little for both of their first round picks.  This way we can address the OLB position and get Dorial Green-Beckham in the first round alone.  

My guess is its front-loaded in the first 2 years like Revis's deal so we're not completely tied to the two of them beyond 2016.  No more big signings are coming, it's all bargain guys from here on out I would think.

2 years $20mil? Way overpaying for Cro there. Bowles must be in love with him.

If Bowles is smart (and he is by most accounts) with all of these DB's - we're going to be able to put Coples hand in the dirt. He is a weapon.

exactly, Bowles hinted at that in a earlier talk awhile back. Expect Coples to have career year w/sack/QB pressures with the secondary now in place..

The fudge?? $32 mil? That is way overpaying for Cromartie. I was hoping for a 2 year, $6mil deal. Wow! I wish we hadn't signed Skrine now.

Didn't he get like $5M last year coming off a bad year? Then he performed well last season, so no way he was getting that little. But $32 does sound excessive, still, all that matters is the guaranteed money.

Archived