6'4"

32 5/8" arm length

4.56 40 yard dash

1.66 10 yard

N/A reps bench press

42" Vertical

11'6" Broad

Sacks last three years: 7.5,7.0, 6.5

Those numbers are  SICK.  It has GOT to be Beasley.  Dude is a physical freak who was highly productive in College.  I don't want to that 6 might be too high for him.  Snatch that BEAST!  35 reps bench press?  That is NUTS!  Next closet guy had 24!!  I see that as "late game strength" when offensive lineman start to wear down this guy should be going strong.... 

I trust Ray the most - to produce... i don't know if that's in our scheme, but i'm sure he's got baller in him.

I like Fowler the most - to play right away for anyone... i just don't know if i see the ceiling everyone is talking about. Bryan Thomas?

I don't trust Gregory - at all... lanky, injury prone, didn't think his motor was all that.

I don't mind Beasley... think he gets pushed around though if he doesn't figure out how to get some lower body weight and power going on. 

I like Dupree - in the 2nd or a late trade back... he's promising, but not a complete product yet. Some assembly required. 

I trust Ray the most - to produce... i don't know if that's in our scheme, but i'm sure he's got baller in him.

I like Fowler the most - to play right away for anyone... i just don't know if i see the ceiling everyone is talking about. Bryan Thomas?

I don't trust Gregory - at all... lanky, injury prone, didn't think his motor was all that.

I don't mind Beasley... think he gets pushed around though if he doesn't figure out how to get some lower body weight and power going on. 

I like Dupree - in the 2nd or a late trade back... he's promising, but not a complete product yet. Some assembly required. 

I keep hearing that about Beasley but he is going to be a linebacker and not playing at the point of attack.  He is also the fastest and best athlete of the group.   He was highly productive in college and also has the measurables.  Fowler = Bryan Thomas?  PASS!   Vic Beasleys upside looks like Derrick Thomas to me.  

When is Mizzou's pro day ?

I want to see how Shane Ray performs in the drills. 

Ray looks like a undersized DE and don't know if he can make the switch to OLB.  We already have a similar player in IK, albeit not has talented but did show a knack for getting pressure on the passer.   Beasley really is the best fit it seems to me because he is incredibly strong, has tremendous closing speed when rushing the passer, with long arms.  Probably the best athlete and should have the easiest transition to linebacker. 

I keep hearing that about Beasley but he is going to be a linebacker and not playing at the point of attack. He is also the fastest and best athlete of the group. He was highly productive in college and also has the measurables. Fowler = Bryan Thomas? PASS! Vic Beasleys upside looks like Derrick Thomas to me.

He could be great, I'm just a touch concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray has a lightning quick first step. I like how he keeps going with his legs and gets a low center of gravity even when the tackle locks on he can bull rush or swim move. Not an every down player but even a situational pass rusher in today's nfl is very valuable.

???

Dupree's the best of the bunch.

Personally i don't think he could hold Ray's jockstrap. Neither are flawless, but I'd bet on a guy who i know he can play but is undersized, versus a guy who may never fully develop.... 

though i like Dupree, this captures what I'm worried about

Kentucky LB Bud Dupree "shows an incredible lower-body explosion," NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock said during the NFL Network's Sunday combine telecast.

Dupree blazing 4.56 official time in the 40 beat Jadeveon Clowney’s number from a year ago (4.59). He added an unofficial 1.60-second 10-yard split, a broad jump of 11 feet, 5 inches, and a 42-inch vertical jump. Dupree did not participate in position drills due to a groin injury. We preach keeping testing numbers in context, and this is why: Mayock's colleague Charles Davis said, "I don't find him as much as I'm looking for" when watching Dupree’s game film, and Daniel Jeremiah said Dupree "is not very refined" and "needs a runway" as a pass rusher.

I agree with a lot of this actually. I think Fowler is "safer" than most because of the motor, has some more developed pass-rushing moves, and wasn't just a dpr on his team like Beasley mostly was. He's not the most agile side to side in the hips I think, but he's well-rounded.

Beasley highest ceiling guy, but can get pushed around. Still, you can see the speed and balance when he's able to sneak through the line. He can just get washed out on the double or if a guy gets better leverage.

I'm not as high on Dupree as people seem to love his athleticism, but he could disappear a lot in games to me and like you said is a bit raw in that respect. Physical ability there, just not showing up throughout a game at times.

Ray I think can be productive as a pass rusher, but could you tell me more about why you like him that much? Is it the motor? He looks a little light to me on the lower body and I can see him getting washed out a bunch, but maybe you think differently.

All that said, roster fit aside, do you guys think that the pass rushers are better talents and prospects than Cooper or White at 6? It's a little apples and oranges, but I think that White and Cooper might be better at their respective positions down the road.

Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah?

I think people are going to be surprised at where this guy goes, as in higher than expected.

Yeah. Most explosive, the most consistent pass rusher in college of the big names, most experienced...Dupree's the best of the bunch.

Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah?

Yeah. Most explosive, the most consistent pass rusher in college of the big names, most experienced...Dupree's the best of the bunch.

Seriously, why is JN on the edge of an argument every turn i take? I'm not in worship at the temple of Charles Davis. I posted that using the words "this captures" as to denote that it captured the same sentiments i have. I wasn't pointing it out to say - hey, these fcking guys said this, so you know it;s right

I take Beasley over both of them.  When the dust clears I think he will have the better career.   Guy is a monster and based on the scheme he plays in, his deficiencies can be hidden.   But in all reality, we probably can't go wrong with Ray, Dupree, Fowler or Beasley.  The one guy I would stay away from is Gregory.  Looks like a Deon Jordan and Mingo Clone. 

Gregory's better than both of those guys. I hope nonsense knocks him down to the third THO, the Jets take him, and in his rage he becomes the next Jason Taylor.

Beasley's small but I could see him over Ray. Not so much Dupree, who seems to be massively underrated here.

How is Ray a more complete, ready, or better prospect? He's admittedly bigger, better, and meaner than Aaron Maybin, but he's closer to Aaron Maybin than not.

I don't know, in all areas? My prowess only extents so far. I'm no pro-scout, and evaluating front seven guys hasn't always been my specialty (i was mortified we selected Richardson over Floyd). What i've watched of Dupree suggests the pieces are there for an all-pro, but he's yet to show it for 4 quarters. Ray is a relentless machine, who displays awareness, instinct, and think he's a better Irvin. I'm OK with Dupree, but at 6? I hope not. 

Ray isn't as versatile as Irvin (despite similar size they're not really similar athletes, Ray is purely a pass rusher) and that knock on Dupreee sounds a little superficial and/or basic. Need more to buy it, this is from someone who really early on thought Ray was going to be the best defensive player in this draft. His ceiling as a pass rusher is possibly high, but there's plenty of questions about his athleticism and skillset as a LB.

Dupree is bigger, more experienced, a sick and explosive athlete who just put up a historically elite combine, was consistently productive in his three years as a starter in the SEC, bigger hands (Rays hands are some of the smaller ones in the pool), same length arms....I mean even non-football things - he's only three months older and will graduate on time as a senior...

The way I see it - if everything goes right - Ray is Shawne Merriman in a 3-4 defense. Problem is he gives up 30 pounds to Merriman on top of height and whatever else he gives up with hand size and arm length. Dupree is DeMarcus Ware, someone eerily similar as a prospect on paper.

Some Ware/Dupree similarities:

- Left as seniors with three full years as a starter (Ware a four year starter but was 23 going on 24, Bud just turned 22)

- Neither hit 30 sacks in college - Ware hit 27 at Troy in the SBC, Dupree put up 23.5 in the SEC

- Both were consistently productive, never having less than six sacks (Ware in 2003) in a starting college season

- Senior Bowl standouts

- Big time combines for each in all the right urreas (Ware even threw in a sub-7 3 cone at over 250)

- Renowned for their makeup, no one with a bad word to say about either's character

Gregory's better than both of those guys. I hope nonsense knocks him down to the third THO, the Jets take him, and in his rage he becomes the next Jason Taylor.

Beasley's small but I could see him over Ray. Not so much Dupree, who seems to be massively underrated here.

6'3 246 is small for an OLB?  He may not be as big as Dupree but I would hardly call him small.   He also put of 35 bench press reps so he is obvious very strong.  I don't have a problem with Dupree but I think Beasley cannot be over looked because he can play sideline to sideline and has incredible closing speed which is what you really need in a pass rusher.  Dupree seems to be more of a DE than OLB.  I think Beasley is better suited for the position OLB and that is what we need.

How do they compare in coverage? Yes we need a pass rusher but we need one who can also drop back and cover if needed.

This for me is a zero factor for any lb.  Anhy rb or te will beat a lb in coverage and there is a grand total of about 2 lbs that are really lauded for their coverage. 

Ray isn't as versatile as Irvin (despite similar size they're not really similar athletes, Ray is purely a pass rusher) and that knock on Dupreee sounds a little superficial and/or basic. Need more to buy it, this is from someone who really early on thought Ray was going to be the best defensive player in this draft. His ceiling as a pass rusher is possibly high, but there's plenty of questions about his athleticism and skillset as a LB.

Dupree is bigger, more experienced, a sick and explosive athlete who just put up a historically elite combine, was consistently productive in his three years as a starter in the SEC, bigger hands (Rays hands are some of the smaller ones in the pool), same length arms....I mean even non-football things - he's only three months older and will graduate on time as a senior...

The way I see it - if everything goes right - Ray is Shawne Merriman in a 3-4 defense. Problem is he gives up 30 pounds to Merriman on top of height and whatever else he gives up with hand size and arm length. Dupree is DeMarcus Ware, someone eerily similar as a prospect on paper.

Some Ware/Dupree similarities:

- Left as seniors with three full years as a starter (Ware a four year starter but was 23 going on 24, Bud just turned 22)

- Neither hit 30 sacks in college - Ware hit 27 at Troy in the SBC, Dupree put up 23.5 in the SEC

- Both were consistently productive, never having less than six sacks (Ware in 2003) in a starting college season

- Senior Bowl standouts

- Big time combines for each in all the right urreas (Ware even threw in a sub-7 3 cone at over 250)

- Renowned for their makeup, no one with a bad word to say about either's character

I don't really see Ware as a comp for Dupree. Merriman definitely.

I don't really see Ware as a comp for Dupree. Merriman definitely.

Definitely in that tier of athlete, gooder even. That said, over time I think Dupree will be a more nuanced player than Merrimann while being just as scary a pass rusher as prime Merrimann. Was going a little more abstract with the comp since Ray isn't in that tier of athlete.

I'm looking at them in this order:

Dupree - Von Miller with Shawn Merriman's frame

Fowler - Good, well rounded player with a decade long career.

Gregory - Forgotten man in the draft, he's gone from overrated to underrated. Bigger and better frame, more physical player than guys like Jordan and Mingo. No clue why, but I see him falling into the second or third.

Beasley - Plays ten pounds lighter than he worked out at, more a mid-late first in the mold of Bruce Irvin than a top of the draft guy.

Ray - Relentless, but size and flexibility are question marks.

All these guys scare the crap out of me. OLB is not a huge immediate need with the upgrades on defense. Take Cooper or Mariota if you are in love with him and move on.

There has been a plethora of bust OLBs last 10 years including the worst jets draft pick ever. It's surprising that people are salivating over another Olb.

I'm looking at them in this order:

Dupree - Von Miller with Shawn Merriman's frame

Fowler - Good, well rounded player with a decade long career.

Gregory - Forgotten man in the draft, he's gone from overrated to underrated. Bigger and better frame, more physical player than guys like Jordan and Mingo. No clue why, but I see him falling into the second or third.

Beasley - Plays ten pounds lighter than he worked out at, more a mid-late first in the mold of Bruce Irvin than a top of the draft guy.

Ray - Relentless, but size and flexibility are question marks.

A few yrs back, I wanted the Jets to draft a college DE out of Georgia. I saw the kid as an absolute beast of a Pass rushing OLBer but Jet fans told me he was too stiff, and would never be able to make the adjustments. Today I see the same player in Shane Ray, not as big, but meaner and with a 1st step off the ball that I have not seen in forever. Last season, Justin Houston led the league in sacks playing as an OLBer in a 34 defense.

I could careless what he does in coverage as long as Mr Ray puts Brady, Cassell and Tannehill on the ground a lot.

Alvin Dupree - DL - Wildcats

Kentucky LB Bud Dupree "looked tremendous in position drills" at his pro day workout, noted TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

"Coupled with his incredible testing at the combine, as well as the pass-rush skills he displayed the past two seasons, I struggle to see how he gets out of the top 15," Pauline wrote. Thus far, Dupree has met with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints and New York Jets.

Archived